Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ohhhhhh I want those soooo bad!
UPS stopped by today...

Man these wheels are gorgeous.

Hoping to have them installed in the next week or so but that depends on a few things, I'm pretty busy. Might wait till late June after a long interstate road trip, I'm not sure. We'll see. Need to buy some lug nuts too.

I'm taking one to a real scale tomorrow hopefully to be weighed, supposedly these are 18.9lbs, we will see....
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #262
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #265
^^^YA MON!! [twothumb] [driving]

That 'makes' the car!! [coolsmile] ;)
Thanks guys!

Just ordered some new mud flaps, my old ones look silly with this new offset.

Comparing pics of the offset before and after, the way the wheel fills the fender well and sits, the car really looks so different, I love it!!!

BEFORE

AFTER

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thanks guys!

Just ordered some new mud flaps, my old ones look silly with this new offset.

Comparing pics of the offset before and after, the way the wheel fills the fender well and sits, the car really looks so different, I love it!!!

BEFORE

AFTER
Witch mudflaps might those be? Eventually I will have these same wheels and my rally armor will also look just too damn skinny.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #267
Witch mudflaps might those be? Eventually I will have these same wheels and my rally armor will also look just too damn skinny.

If you get the full RA kit they'll be fine. My RA flaps are actually not the expensive version everyone has, I got the DIY version for $23:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017L0841I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You have to figure out mounting yourself but it wasn't that bad for 1/6 the price. When I installed them originally I moved them in toward the center of the car quite a bit (way more than the normal RA kit) because I didn't want them sticking out so far. So I bought a second set and I'm going to simply drill new holes and mount them 1-2" out more using the same mounting points I created, it should only take a few minutes. This kit is nice because you can position them wherever you want heightwise and width too.

But if you have the traditional RA kit you should be fine, it protrudes a good bit more than what I have. Once I get my new set installed they should be about where the "real" kit sits, though I still may go in a bit, I don't like the look of the flaps sticking out real far.

Here's my thread if you're interested:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13799-REVIEW-INSTALL-Rally-Armor-universal-mudflaps

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yea I went all out and got the 159 ones.
If you get the full RA kit they'll be fine. My RA flaps are actually not the expensive version everyone has, I got the DIY version for $23:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017L0841I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You have to figure out mounting yourself but it wasn't that bad for 1/6 the price. When I installed them originally I moved them in toward the center of the car quite a bit (way more than the normal RA kit) because I didn't want them sticking out so far. So I bought a second set and I'm going to simply drill new holes and mount them 1-2" out more using the same mounting points I created, it should only take a few minutes. This kit is nice because you can position them wherever you want heightwise and width too.

But if you have the traditional RA kit you should be fine, it protrudes a good bit more than what I have. Once I get my new set installed they should be about where the "real" kit sits, though I still may go in a bit, I don't like the look of the flaps sticking out real far.

Here's my thread if you're interested:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13799-REVIEW-INSTALL-Rally-Armor-universal-mudflaps

cxwrench

I got those exact same lug nuts last night! There's a little tiny silver spot on almost every one of them where the black coating wore off from rubbing the plastic thing they came in...

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #270
I got those exact same lug nuts last night! There's a little tiny silver spot on almost every one of them where the black coating wore off from rubbing the plastic thing they came in...
Cool man good stuff! I like those wheels I almost bought that exact one!

Well folks today my 3y/36k warranty expired. Ah, what a feeling...time to start modding.

[???:)]

On another note, my Rota caps arrived today, I washed the car real nice like and it's ready for action!

Feels good to have finally purchased something. I must have looked at 300 sets of wheels. So many are not longer available, others are just too expensive...

I know that struggle all too well. I really like O.Z. wheels and recently discovered the utterly incredible looking Formula HLT 4H in Grigio Corsa (with red center caps of course), only to find that they are no longer available anywhere. At least that I can find. So sad.

Love you car (and your YouTube vids!) Jeff! A lot of your “bling” is definitely not my cup of tea, but I TOTALLY dig your ingenuity and do things to your car nobody else has done.

Keep up the good work!!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #272
I know that struggle all too well. I really like O.Z. wheels and recently discovered the utterly incredible looking Formula HLT 4H in Grigio Corsa (with red center caps of course), only to find that they are no longer available anywhere. At least that I can find. So sad.

Love you car (and your YouTube vids!) Jeff! A lot of your “bling” is definitely not my cup of tea, but I TOTALLY dig your ingenuity and do things to your car nobody else has done.

Keep up the good work!!!
Yeah I spent hours searching for wheels that haven't been for sale for years. I learned a lot though. What did you end up with?

Thanks for the love on the car...….I've removed quite a bit of the bling, the car is under constant evolution really. In the last month or so I've swapped wheels, traction bars, and full intake, not to mention adding and removing a bunch of other stuff. In terms of bling I removed my racing stripes and pinstripes and some of the red accents, the car looks in my opinion aggressive but not blingy. To me the car is always evolving; I'm an artist and half the fun for me is fabricating/creating/inventing/experimenting. For sure some of the experiments have not worked out, but some have been pretty cool at least to me.

Check out this, years ago on of my boys who always saw me tinkering suggested installing a water sprayer to my old '95 beater Corolla...I was spraying people everywhere it was so much fun.

[video=youtube;1dl-bRQ1vZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dl-bRQ1vZ0[/video]

Yeah I spent hours searching for wheels that haven't been for sale for years. I learned a lot though. What did you end up with?

Thanks for the love on the car...….I've removed quite a bit of the bling, the car is under constant evolution really. In the last month or so I've swapped wheels, traction bars, and full intake, not to mention adding and removing a bunch of other stuff. In terms of bling I removed my racing stripes and pinstripes and some of the red accents, the car looks in my opinion aggressive but not blingy. To me the car is always evolving; I'm an artist and half the fun for me is fabricating/creating/inventing/experimenting. For sure some of the experiments have not worked out, but some have been pretty cool at least to me.

Check out this, years ago on of my boys who always saw me tinkering suggested installing a water sprayer to my old '95 beater Corolla...I was spraying people everywhere it was so much fun.

[hihi]

My car doesn't get here until end of July, so I still haven't decided on a wheel/tire combo. I'll probably end up with black O.Z. Ultraleggeras with red lugs or center caps or something. 15.7 pounds in 17x7 which is INSANELY light! Still haven't decided if I want to run a 205/45/17 at stock height or a 215/40/17 lowered on Swift springs. Decisions decisions. [deviltail]

Ordered a plat. white with Recaros and nothing else, and I'm going with a black, white and red theme. Already got the GT350 shift knob and ordered black nappa leather shift boot, armrest cover and door inserts from Redline, with quad stitching (silver outside, red inside, of course). Also got the full Cobb stage 3 kit ordered and will get a Stratified tune for it after a bit and then I should be good for a while. [raceflag]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #274
[hihi]

My car doesn't get here until end of July, so I still haven't decided on a wheel/tire combo. I'll probably end up with black O.Z. Ultraleggeras with red lugs or center caps or something. 15.7 pounds in 17x7 which is INSANELY light! Still haven't decided if I want to run a 205/45/17 at stock height or a 215/40/17 lowered on Swift springs. Decisions decisions. [deviltail]

Ordered a plat. white with Recaros and nothing else, and I'm going with a black, white and red theme. Already got the GT350 shift knob and ordered black nappa leather shift boot, armrest cover and door inserts from Redline, with quad stitching (silver outside, red inside, of course). Also got the full Cobb stage 3 kit ordered and will get a Stratified tune for it after a bit and then I should be good for a while. [raceflag]
Great choices I look forward to seeing your build when it arrives!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #275
Quick update....broke 30,000 miles yesterday.....this car continues to be an absolute monster with the lighter weight wheels, I am thoroughly enjoying it!!

About to re-acquire my 1998 Civic LX beater in a month or so when my 2nd son goes USAF so I'll be driving it about 50% for "non fun" drives (errands, in the rain) and save some mileage on my ST.

I was swimming with my little girl the other day, couldn't fit the pool toy in the car so I hung it out the window (only <1 mile drive)...someone took a pic and sent it to me later, thought this was worth sharing:

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Quick update....broke 30,000 miles yesterday.....this car continues to be an absolute monster with the lighter weight wheels, I am thoroughly enjoying it!!

About to re-acquire my 1998 Civic LX beater in a month or so when my 2nd son goes USAF so I'll be driving it about 50% for "non fun" drives (errands, in the rain) and save some mileage on my ST.

I was swimming with my little girl the other day, couldn't fit the pool toy in the car so I hung it out the window (only <1 mile drive)...someone took a pic and sent it to me later, thought this was worth sharing:

That’s hilarious lol.

That’s awesome that you’re getting another daily. Hopefully this will give you an excuse to do an E30 tune on your FiST. Just for our entertainment, if for nothing else :)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #277
That’s hilarious lol.

That’s awesome that you’re getting another daily. Hopefully this will give you an excuse to do an E30 tune on your FiST. Just for our entertainment, if for nothing else :)
Thanks man.

Meh, I just posted deep thoughts by Jeff in one of the e30 discussions...for now I've decided against it after getting some good honest feedback from some of the guys.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #278
Had to post this...not a build thread update by any means but I needed somewhere to share this....for some reason this has me LOLing......

[video=youtube;ZAtjFLrBn4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtjFLrBn4M&sns=em[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^[histerical]

EXACTLY why I want mine dead quiet as far as that 'sound' goes, and will ONLY EVER install a full recirculating setup on this car in the future, regardless of how big a turbo I would ever go to, or how much peak power I was 'chasing'. [wink]

(WHY NOT fool the few unknowing/uninformed into thinking this little monster is THAT quick, NA?! LOL!)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #280
Today was a neat day, I got to meet a faraway forum member in person!

Aaron aka [MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] came by my place in GA on the way back to MN from vacay in the FL keys! And, he bought my OEM wheels! Got to meet his family and see his car, what a great guy!

Here are the two cars: