Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #202
No rtv or sealant ?
Not for intake to turbo. It's just a clamp from the factory, same for reinstall. Mine came off and went back on super easy. I did use some liquid soap to make it fit easier. Use that or silicone spray on all the pipes, then you can twist them on and position them the way you want before you clamp them. Get all of them on and situated before you tighten any of them. Then tighten all at once after you've got it fit the way you want.

The place you want addition strength/clamping is on the intercooler pipes. I used double clamps there.

BTW when you say "intake tube" I assume you're talking about air intake correct?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
Stuff arrived today..........

Kudos to [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] for the frame idea, saw it in one of his videos. Found a company on eBay that makes these custom for $7.50 shipped, 6 days from order to installed on my car. It's really good quality metal, very nicely made. I think it looks really good!

The other item is my Fumoto valve, once the extension arrives I'll be ready to install.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205
Small update, after numerous experiments I applied some red pinstripe to my car as below. Inspired by the Civic R and Kia Soul! which both have such a red stripe, though much more pronounced in my car...

In other news, I think I'm buying a used black MDX soon so I'll have two black cars in my stable...I'll post a pic if so.

Behold the stripes:

Hosted on Fotki

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #207
A few updates....

Car just hit 27,000, about time for an oil change and Fumoto valve install. I also purchased a Powerflex upper engine mount (passenger side) insert which I hope to install this week.

Did a highway 5 hour trip yesterday, I was really happy with my mpg - car said 39.3, calculator said 37.68!

Emptied my catch can, got about 1 oz. after 1,500 miles.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I never get close to that mpg. How fast were you going? Or slow lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #209
I never get close to that mpg. How fast were you going? Or slow lol.

Reasons:

1. Going 55 for 5 hours, state highway speed limit. Interstate would be lower mpg.
2. I utilize a lot of hypermiling techniques - no A/C, gradual acceleration, lots of coasting when possible, cruise control.
3. I have a few mods that I believe (haters, hate, it's OK) help my mpg a bit - my RP oil, all my intake mods, etc. I've modded many cars for many years and intake mods always improve MPG. So I'm pretty positive that helped.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
On 93 Octane NON ethanol my 2016 ST Mountune MP215 routinely gets 36-37 MPG HWY @ 70-75 mph. 93 ethanol drops it to 34-35 MPG. Made a 560 mile round trip drive this weekend was 36.8 MPG with Non ethanol going and 34.6 coming back on 93 ethanol. I am sure driving at a lower speed would easily push it up to the 39 range. In town try using 1-2-4-6 shift pattern....gas savings and clutch saving. But most of all keep your foot out of it for routine driving.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I drive 75 80 on the freeway and fairly easy around town I get 30 avg over the last 4 months 91oct stg 3.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
OK tonight my buddy and I intended to install a Powerflex passenger side engine mount on each of our cars but only got around to my car. Still the job is super easy, 30 minutes, the part is cheap, $32, and it makes a decent improvement. See more thoughts on this part over here at post #88.

felopr

more info on the titans on that car, hoping I go with those on gold for my PB fiesta

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
Drove the car a second time after installing the insert, this morning it was in the 30s so I got a chance to feel things more. Again with the car cold and in the cold there are some subtle vibrations but nothing horrible. Really enjoying the small but noticeable improvement this mod makes in shift feel and overall tightness of the car when accelerating.

Good stuff jeff! I think you’ve talked me into something else lol.
It's a worthy mod!!!

more info on the titans on that car, hoping I go with those on gold for my PB fiesta
All I can say is I want those on my car, but I cannot afford them. Ahem.

As long as it does not make the whole car shake so badly you end up with palsy, I will eventually do this as well. ;)

How much worse is it than the most rigid of RMMs in NVH once this is installed?
I can't speak to this, the only RMM I've installed is the Cobb. I will say that it's definitely way less, I rode in a FiST with the CP-E RMM and it was far more shakey/rigid feeling than my car with the Cobb mount w/Powerflex insert.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
Lol. What size of tire he using? Is he lowered? If so, how much? Thanks
He has the same tires same size as me Check post #1 of this thread. He’s lowered on coil overs not sure what brand sorry. His car is the bomb X47R + meth + LSD + flywheel. Total beast. Great guy. Doesn’t post much online though he has a life!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220
This beauty is going on the car tomorrow in place of my 2-point!!!!!!!!!!