Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Experience

JasonHaven

[MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] installed a www.cp-e.com Intercooler for me on Saturday, and we did a few dyno runs comparing stock, OTS Stage 2 and [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]'s first revision.

Here's the chart:

Dyno Chart_1280px.png

Quite a bit of power gained down low, and a little in the top end, pretty damned happy so far :)

Mitch did a fantastic job installing a few parts for me, including the intercooler. He went ahead and shaved off just a hair inside the bumper, just to make sure the fitment was right. It's chilly fall temps right now, but on the dyno and in my experiences driving, charge air temps have stayed within a couple degrees of ambient pretty consistently. The intercooler looks to be of amazing build quality, and the results certainly show so far.

CP-E is a good group of people, I tend to work with them often.

Look at those gains, just on my basemap haha.

haste

1000 Post Club
Huh, interesting. I did not have to shave anything off my bumper for the cp-e intercooler to fit properly on my FiST. It was definitely a tight fit but not modification required. I do see a 10f rise above ambient in my charge temps during 4th gear pulls. I just pulled off the front intercooler grill this morning and will see if it makes a difference or not.

OP
J

JasonHaven

Thread Starter #7
Huh, interesting. I did not have to shave anything off my bumper for the cp-e intercooler to fit properly on my FiST. It was definitely a tight fit but not modification required. I do see a 10f rise above ambient in my charge temps during 4th gear pulls. I just pulled off the front intercooler grill this morning and will see if it makes a difference or not.

As I understood it, it's not mandatory for all cars, just that it *may* be necessary depending on the car/install job. I don't know if it was necessary for mine or not, it was just preemptively done (after my approval, I don't miss the 1/16" of plastic haha) so it fit the first time installing the bumper vs going back and forth. :)

OP
J

JasonHaven

Thread Starter #9
I wish I could take a picture of the part that was done, it's minor to the point that it's barely worth mentioning, honestly. I'm sure Mitch or Ron can give more detail.

Literally just hit the corners of the lower grill opening on the inside with a file for a little bit. This way when you put the bumper back on you aren't pulling the bumper in with the bolts in the fenders.
[MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] , how much boost are you running? Thanks for the pic! Awesome stuff!

We are so happy that you are pleased with the service you were given. Mitch is an awesome guy we don't have any doubt that anyone that does any installations with us will be pleased with the outcome.

Okay, I've got to be doing something wrong here. Does anyone have any detailed info and/or pictures of installing the CPE intercooler? Quite simply, the intercooler does not fit using the supplied brackets. It hangs too low to clear the support bracket in the center of the radiator support, which is required to reinstall the bumper cover. Take off the brackets, and everything goes exactly where it should. It's as if the bolt holes in the brackets or the threaded holes in the end tanks are not where they're supposed to be. I've spent two days fighting this thing. Help?

Okay, I've got to be doing something wrong here. Does anyone have any detailed info and/or pictures of installing the CPE intercooler? Quite simply, the intercooler does not fit using the supplied brackets. It hangs too low to clear the support bracket in the center of the radiator support, which is required to reinstall the bumper cover. Take off the brackets, and everything goes exactly where it should. It's as if the bolt holes in the brackets or the threaded holes in the end tanks are not where they're supposed to be. I've spent two days fighting this thing. Help?
The middle support bracket gets removed. Its not 100% required to reinstall the bumper cover.