Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What made you decide to buy a Fist?

Sure. Mine is the magnetic colour. I actually bought mine in South Edmonton at Team Ford. Only place that could find a no sunroof, no navigation model.

OP
Vince62
Thread Starter #42
Yeah I went to Denny Andrews Ford in Edmonton last May and couldn't get a salesperson to talk to me after a half hour there.It was molten orange. Like I wanted but had the stripes and no sunroof.Then went to City Ford and saw it in the showroom and asked for a test drive.Took a white one out came back and said want the molten orange. With the orange Recaro and fully loaded which it was.They let me take it home for the weekend .Brought it back for paint sealant, undercoating.Picked up 2 days later.November 1st. 32000kms car is in storage for winter.[limphand]

The reason I bought Fiesta ST was kinds outta the blue. I had just paid off my current SUV "Toyota 4Runner" and was looking for another car,something fast/fun/cheap/good MPG and saw the Focus RS was coming. I was so stoked until I found out dealers were going to up charge above $40k. $40,000 for a Focus is dumb,would never pay that much. If that is the case then I would've just got a Tacoma. Then I was looking on Youtube searching for fun cars and came across the Fiesta ST and the first thing I thought when I seen it was (that's the ****** car i ever seen) **** that! haha. Then I did more research and found that car to have awesome praise. Then the next day at work I saw a FiST pull in the driveway, I work as a Valet at a resort so I jumped in and parked the car. Damn that thing was fun and to sum it up I was in the dealer a few weeks later and bought one. Super happy with it does what I need, a little too small when I have my 3 kids in the back but that's why I have my 4Runner.

Had a 2012 GTI, sold it and bought a 2015 Mazda 6. Too damn big, traded it for a 2015 ST.

I've been driving over 40 years and I've never had a car that makes me smile like my ST.

I wanted a car in the 25k neighborhood. Wanted the best I could get performance wise for that. I also have a really good history with Ford's. So it was a no brainer.

Simo

Fist

For me it was the fact that I was driving a Chevy Cobolt, yeah I know it's a crap car lol. But anyhow I got it smashed up on the highway by a guy who didn't use his mirrors or clear his blind spot, lucky for me because now I'm in the market for a new car. Went to my Ford dealer just to check things out and saw a Fist on the lot. Being a Brit living in Canada I know the Fiesta very very well and always kinda liked them. So I asked for a test drive. I drove for about 2 minutes and I realised that I had just been sold a new car. 😆

I was trying to cut expenses. Pay for used car outright and then pray it did not need 3k+ in repairs the next two years or buy a FIST. Base new 15 x plan 0% of 72 was cheaper than a used one. I put 70k miles on my rubicon in 3 years, traded that in put 4K down took 4K cash cut my payments and gas costs in half. This car is more fun to drive than the 15+ mustang gt. It feels like I'm on a roller coaster every time I drive it.

I was trying to cut expenses. Pay for used car outright and then pray it did not need 3k+ in repairs the next two years or buy a FIST. Base new 15 x plan 0% of 72 was cheaper than a used one. I put 70k miles on my rubicon in 3 years, traded that in put 4K down took 4K cash cut my payments and gas costs in half. This car is more fun to drive than the 15+ mustang gt. It feels like I'm on a roller coaster every time I drive it.
Well done! Sounds like a good deal.
btw, hello from a sorta neighbor!

I was in a bad relationship with an Audi S4. She was taking all my money. I loved her, but she didn't love me back.
In the meantime, my job changed and travel was becoming rare. A city car was practical.
My wife found my stash of receipts for the Audi.
The edict came down, "Get rid of that car!"
I always liked Fiestas. Was researching the 1.0L 3 pot. Saw all the ST reviews. Consulted my bank accounts and manhood.
Came home with Tux Black ST.
I can't go as fast as I used to, but I sure don't have less fun.
And I cut my gas by 66%, cut my insurance and I've met the nicest people in the recovering Audi drivers' support group.

DaveG99

I have had a paid off f150 FX4 for a while now. I have always loved the focus st's since they came out. I am possibly starting a new sales job that requires I provide my own transportation. I was looking for something that got good mpg and was fun. I came across the fiesta ST online and started researching it. I became obsessed with it. Found one exactly how I wanted it at a dealer close by. Went over there and bought it. Ive had my car for a little under 2 weeks and I love it!

Young L

I was going to get a FoST at first but then I moved to another military base in Germany and they were everywhere. Something about that just immediately turned me off an I had only seen one other FiST at that point. I just went off all the reviews I read or watched on youtube. I'm glad I got it.

I had a budget of around 28k so I was looking at an ecoboost mustang, wrx or a e36/e46 m3 and the FiST. The ecoboost was awesome but with the options I wanted was out of the price range, the wrx was also super fun, interior was a lot better but it lacked a certain character the FiST had , and with the m3's it was hard to find a clean one in my area for a reasonable price. When it came to the FiST it beat out all the other options because I could easily afford a fully loaded brand new car with bumper to bumper warranty and it comes with an octane academy pass. It without fail brings a smile to my face every time I drive it and there is plenty of room for aftermarket upgrades down the road. Bang for your buck there is no other option out there that beats the FiST

Well done! Sounds like a good deal.
btw, hello from a sorta neighbor!
I think we talked before. The used ST was at HC in pet. Best they could do was 22k but in no way could they match 0% interest for 6 years on a used car. I'm in RP 3/4 times a week. What color did you get?

Due to a new job that is taking me away from home and garage to an apartment where I will have a longer commute and no garage. So I needed more fuel efficiency and a car that did not bother me as much to park outside, while still having fun factor. So the '15 Competition Orange Mustang GT got traded for a '16 Molten Orange FiST. No real regrets, except leaving a light sometimes...

I think we talked before. The used ST was at HC in pet. Best they could do was 22k but in no way could they match 0% interest for 6 years on a used car. I'm in RP 3/4 times a week. What color did you get?
Fuzzy memory here but its definitely possible. I have the Molten.

OP
Vince62
Thread Starter #58
Welcome to the forum.Sure you'll get more smiles per miles.

The smile.

I came from VW's (2 Stage 2 cars and 1 Stage 3+). I wanted something new and fresh, and the FiST was something I followed closely from the announcement. When I got home from overseas, I test drove both the FoST and the FiST. As soon as I pulled off the lot in the FiST, my wife looked at me and said I was grinning bigger than the day we met... Hahaha! That said, no car has ever put a smile that big on my face.

I had liked the FoST since they came out but never actually went to the dealer as I was convinced once I drove one I would have to buy it. Finally went and test drove a FoST then decided I also wanted to test drive a FiST and decided i liked the Fiesta better. It handles like nothing else i've ever owned and is my first ever brand new car, 8K miles later and I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first got it.