Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What made you decide to buy a Fist?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Many reasons and it is kind of hard to think of where to start.

I think my biggest issue was my long term game plan. I bought my FoST anticipating a FoRS will come out and the FoST was just a filler car to play around with until then. Well my timeline was a bit off for the FoRS and the ability to get one was way worse then I anticipated as well. Knowing what I didn't like about the FoST and knowing the next steps I needed to take where each mod would cost over 1K+ each from a turbo kit, to suspension, brakes, LSD and so on. I pretty much had my FoST to a point where anything beyond was a big step and a hard one to take for a vehicle I didn't plan on keeping.

I kind of always wanted a FiST so it was always on my radar. I am into drivers cars and ones that balance power with an amazing chassis. The biggest decision is fun to drive. The FoST was to in between for me, it didn't have the power of my Balt SS and although it handles better it wasn't as raw so it felt less special. The FoST is an amazing car but for driving pleasure the FiST has it beat. It was my time at Team Oniel that really made me fall in love with the FiST, the way it changed direction with my inputs was amazing and I really couldn't ask for more. There is a reason most reviews will say a FoRS drives more like a FiST then a FoST.

The FiST fit all my criteria, I will always make weight a priority, and heated mirrors and seats are really the only options I want. The FiST comes equipped with everything I desire. The rebate is what really pushed me over though. They gave me an amazing trade in value for my FoST and with my discount I received a fully optioned - sunroof FiST for 21K. I honestly would of held out longer but knowing my trade in may have dropped a few grand, and possibly no rebates, I could of lost 5K if I did. Well that 5K to me just justifies me buying mods ASAP and that is what I am doing.

2 weeks and 350 miles later, I am very happy with my decision. I have TD wheels for summer and WS80's already sitting in my shop. I have a MAP intake and Tune+ tune but haven't been able to log yet. As some one who is into drivers cars it is really hard to explain how amazing this little car is. When I drove my FoST all I could think about is what I needed to do to make it better. There were many things that needed fine tuning, like the horrid wheel hop that took all 3 motor mounts to cure (also helped with feel). As I drive the FiST I'm thinking "WOW, may not be perfect but damn good". Like Heel & Toe, I haven't tried with my racing shoes but can already say it's better then the FoST stock, I most likely will do a spacer like I did in the FoST as well. The little things just add up, like brake feel in the FiST is better, wheel hop is way better, feel is way better and I was banging out butter smooth shifts on feel alone within miles, the FoST was too isolated and quiet until I modded. Mostly what I'm trying to say is when I drive the FiST I think, oh I really don't have to change this, where as in my FoST, I was saying I need to mod this now lol.

The last reason was mostly potential. There are many mods for the FiST like the FoST and they are proven. In my quick research though that I scrambled to complete (I research vehicle for years before I buy them, look me up on other forums, you will see) I found that the market isn't slowing down. Things like the X-37 and now the C39 really pushed me over the edge. I like balance and power to weight is what I focus on. My commute is very boring now :( and a small light vehicle that can hold it's own is what I needed and the FiST in no doubt delivered and still is blowing my expectations away, like a nice wet slow speed 90 where the ass end just gradually drifted around with such control and precision it brought me immediately back to my time at Rally School with a FiST on dirt. Some people chase numbers, I chase balance. Even with my base tune I feel the power is adequate (for now). The good news is there are many parts available with a great community to help my build.

The next question as I think long term is, what is next? Time will tell but no doubt the FiST will satisfy me and keep me busy. Who knows this may be the first car I fall in love with and actually don't think of what's next. When you drive the car and think what car doesn't need done to it, that is an amazing sign :)
GREAT post!! [twothumb]

I am hoping that this is the car that will make me NOT miss RWD, and NOT regret not buying another one (or AWD for that matter). [wink]

I too have ~$5K to work with as far as mods go, but for me it is a FINITE ceiling, and being on a very fixed income, there will not be any more than that, possibly EVER, so I MUST choose much more carefully than most (I CANNOT afford to do things two and three times over like many do). [:(]

Test drove a few different vehicles including the new Golf, Veloster and the Focus. Wanted something small, great on gas but still had the 'get up and go'. The Fiesta was the last one I test drove, and ended up taking home with me that night! It just felt a lot more sporty than the others. It fits the fam just right, plus the rebates Ford was offering at the time sealed the deal.
Absolutely love this car! Plus, the aftermarket scene seems to have more than enough possibilities for my liking!

Needed a new vehicle since I sold my Subaru before deployment, and had the ability to do some good research while on ship for 7 months. Almost bought a FoST, as that's what they were trying to sell me, then happened upon the FiST. Never even knew it existed prior to Jan of 2016. After reading the reviews and Top Gear impressions, I made up my mind. Was waiting for me in the driveway they day I got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long story short I got threw cars like women do tampons and I had a b4 Passat that I couldn't keep up as fast as it was breaking (loved the vr6 though).A bank sent me a preapproval and I went on a search for everything from camaros to trans ams., even mustangs to cadillacs. Oddly I ended up at a ford dealership because I wanted the focus st and wasn't aware of the fiesta in ST guise. They wanted 27k for an st1 focus and I said hell no but saw the fiesta sitting there. All it took was one drive down a back road. I paid alittle under sticker for the car but man...almost 40k miles in 1.5 years and I'm still loving it

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^USED Trans Ams?? [dunno]

There has not been a new Trans Am since 2002, unless you count the 5th gen Camaro conversions made by a few select companies.

Kind of a happy accident. I needed something fun to drive to compensate for an abysmal daily commute. To be honest, I was looking forward to the new Civic Si but got kind of tired waiting for Honda to roll it out. I decided to test-drive the Fist because of a few good things I'd heard about it. Two hours later it was parked in my driveway. It's spectacular. I've had it six weeks now, and my daily commute has turned into the best part of every day.

I bought mine because my Mustang wasn't drivable at the time and I was tired of my G5, so I figured I would replace the G5 with something I could do track days with will I was putting the Stang together. After reading and watching all kinds of reviews the FiST seemed to be the best bang for my buck, and American.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Everyone's first car should be a manual shift. Much less burger eating, drink dropping, radio tweaking, yelling at the passengers, phone operating, flipping off other driver; distracted type extra-curricular behaviors going on in manual shift vehicles. [wink][cool]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Everyone's first car should be a manual shift. Much less burger eating, drink dropping, radio tweaking, yelling at the passengers, phone operating, flipping off other drivers; distracted type extra-curricular behaviors going on in manual shift vehicles. [wink][cool]
You left out;

Hair combing/brushing, make-up applying (for women), texting, meth smoking, 'self abusing', and so on... LOL ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, just trying to be inclusive of all of the hillbilly peckerwoods who feel so neglected, and dissed, and angered by all of the 'coastal/northeastern elites'. [histerical]

I guess I should also then include their fave, oxy popping, as well to the above list? ;)