Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What made you decide to buy a Fist?

AzNightmare

Couldn't afford a WRX.
Couldn't afford a BRZ/FRS.
Couldn't afford a Focus ST.

Screw it, should just get a bicycle. But YOLO.

Fiesta ST in my garage.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Couldn't afford a WRX.
Couldn't afford a BRZ/FRS.
Couldn't afford a Focus ST.

Screw it, should just get a bicycle. But YOLO.

Fiesta ST in my garage.
My situation;

Could not afford a FoRS

Could not afford a GT350/350R

Could not afford a 6th gen Camaro SS/ZL1, or Z28 (IF it ever comes out), nor ANY C7

I REFUSE to buy one of the import nameplate hot hatches OR coupes/sports cars

So that left me the FiST.

BTW; I already have a fairly high end (albeit older 'tech') bicycle, so that's covered at least. ;)

Cheap, good balanced chassis with above average steering feel, quick enough not to bore me to death and four doors

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
My situation;

Could not afford a FoRS

Could not afford a GT350/350R

Could not afford a 6th gen Camaro SS/ZL1, or Z28 (IF it ever comes out), nor ANY C7

I REFUSE to buy one of the import nameplate hot hatches OR coupes/sports cars

So that left me the FiST.

BTW; I already have a fairly high end (albeit older 'tech') bicycle, so that's covered at least. ;)
You limit yourself horribly by being a 'AMERICAN' only purchaser - I really hope you understand that your Fiesta is just as much an import as a Honda / Toyota / Subaru these days. I'd have never jumped ship if I had not tried!

And um, where's the build thread??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You limit yourself horribly by being a 'AMERICAN' only purchaser - I really hope you understand that your Fiesta is just as much an import as a Honda / Toyota / Subaru these days. I'd have never jumped ship if I had not tried!

Yes, sorry if you cannot understand the whole nameplate thing, and if it even seems irrational to you and others (everyone else on here?), but it is something that I just CANNOT bring myself to do now (even though I have in the past bought US made GTIs), no matter HOW "great" your full-on imports are.

I do not really want to get into it here and now, but generally, I DO blame Japan at least a significant bit for the US/North American economic downfall of manufacturing, due to their abject dumping practices, and currency manipulation, back when they were getting their 'foothold' in our market.
OF COURSE, the junk that our domestic manufacturers were putting out heavily contributed to this (NOT that the Nippon product was as infallible/indestructible as myth would have it either), but, contrary to popular opinion, that was NOT the ONLY factor. [nono]
'Japan INC.' as a 'corporation' DID try to put the final nails in the coffin of US manufacturing with the above mentioned dishonest practices, and I for one will NEVER forgive them for this (MY prerogative, regardless of whether or not anyone, any "economic experts", or any import fanboyzz agree with it! [wink]).

And yes, for the 10 trillionth time I DO know where this car is screwed together, and where the parts for it are sourced, but that blue oval badge on it still DOES mean a lot to me, even if it does not for the 'flavor of the month' sport compact/hot hatch devotees.
I do not expect anyone from the north country to understand this either, although your manufacturing has taken a big hit from the far east as well the past 35 years or so, despite whatever transplants they have built there.

Also, I am NOT one of those peckerwood, rednecked hillbilly, right wing 'MURRICAN types, so PLEASE do not try and paint me as such, as most of them are just fine buying all of the Tundras and Tacomas the Nippon Giant can build anyway.

My car is not going to be anything special (like; Hijinx's, RAAMaudio's, Rodmoe's, etc., etc.), so it does not warrant taking the space for a build thread (in my opinion at least).
Let's just consider it a stock FiST for now, and leave it at that. [:)]

Well living in Alberta, driving any car is an adventure being surrounded by a sea of lifted 4 x 4 trucks and SUV's, so the Fiesta's quick handling is great when they do a no signal lane change on top of you.

Seriously, I fell in love with small hatches from all my travel in Europe. So nice to drive there, no 4 x 4's at all, only a few SUV's, but especially the quality of drivers is so high overall compared to North America. Almost all cars are still standard also. I mean at least 90%.

My Fiesta ST caused serious head scratching among virtually everyone I know. They simply could not believe I would buy such a small car on purpose.

For me (not bragging) I could go into my Ford dealer and drop a cheque and walk out with a GT 350, but honestly have no interest in one other than I would like to try one for an hour or so.

I spent about a month chasing focus RS's. My dealership had already used it's allotments and every other place I talked to wanted a 10k premium. It was bad enough that I couldn't get D plan, I absolutely refuse to pay over sticker, so the RS was out of the question.

The fiesta seemed like a lively little hatch that I could save money on the front end in order to throw more money at it later. It also fits in the garage well and leaves plenty of space for motorcycles and brewing equipment.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The dealers in my area wanted at least a $15K "market premium" for their allocated FoRSs, which is no surprise since they ask almost $30K over list for a GT350! [ohcrap]

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
The dealers in my area wanted at least a $15K "market premium" for their allocated FoRSs, which is no surprise since they ask almost $30K over list for a GT350! [ohcrap]
Holy balls.

There are 6 GT350's (and maybe one is a GT350R as it has the CF wheels) at my local dealership... Maybe I should start buying them and importing to the USA!

Intuit

3000 Post Club

I have nothing against foreign languages, people or cars. Competition is good!

But there certainly isn't anything wrong with rooting for the home team. If not for our current President and his Administration, your exchange with this individual might not even be taking place; and a lot less domestic well paying jobs.

Go FORD, Go GM! Rah! Rah!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have nothing against foreign languages, people or cars. Competition is good!

But there certainly isn't anything wrong with rooting for the home team. If not for our current President and his Administration, your exchange with this individual might not even be taking place; and a lot less domestic well paying jobs.

Go FORD, Go GM! Rah! Rah!
The thing is that it is NOT his "home team" (even though a helluva lot of OUR 'teams'' products are screwed together in his country, so there IS some economic hurting to be done there if the import nameplates put our domestic nameplates out of business, ironically ;) ), so I do not expect him to even begin to be able to understand.

And YES, that is one of the actions of the current administration I applaud and admire the MOST, despite all of the right wingers' 'open market/free trade/globalist' HATRED/BLASTING of this decision ("Just let the market put them out of business" attitude/worldview). [thumbdown] [mad]

BTW; I also do not have anything at all against foreign people, or languages, (I actually much prefer eastern Asian women to the Aryan/Anglo variety), but when the deck is stacked (in EVERY/ALL ways) against OUR companies' cars, and ONLY in favor of all of the foreign nameplates, I DO have something against them, and the companies which build and sell them. [wink]

Was looking to buy my own first car mid 2015, it came down to two options: a second hand fist, or a second hand 320d bimmer. Went for the diesel for economic reasons. LOved that car but it go boring very quick, heavy, handling not what I wanted (certainly not bad). Then I finally pulled the trigger on the car I really wanted all along and bought an ST200 this week :D

Back in September of 2013 I was looking to trade in my MINI Cooper Clubman S because I was feeling the new car itch. Went and looked at on of the new FiST on the lot. At the time I was I just couldn't pull the trigger on it because it seemed like it wasn't that much of an upgrade (almost a downgrade in my mind), so I ended up getting a 2013 GTI w/ DSG for a pretty good price in October.

After 3 fun years in the GTI, I started to get the itch again. I started looking at tunes for the GTI, but having already replaced 3 water pumps (one through a recall), the low pressure fuel pump, needing to replace two sets of tires, and the DSG service ($800) coming up, I just wasn't sure I wanted to go down the tuning route to keep my interest. I had a friend recommended giving the FiST another look. He said it reminded him of the first gen MINI Cooper's that we both had at one point, but more family friendly. I found a used 2015 to test drive and bought it a week later. Not sure if there was a refresh, but the interior seemed nicer than what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

I wasn't in the market for a new car but I couldn't drive my xb everyday for 2 more years before I could get a focus rs. I wanted something now. I also work for FCA and unfortunately they don't make any fun affordable cars, and I am not into ill handling v8 boats. I considered the Fiat 500 abarth but the interior is awful, I do like the exterior, but you don't drive it from the outside.

I originally started looking at the focus st but after driving 4 or 5 of them, I wasn't finding a good used one. I am particular to the styling of the first gen. Finally decided to give the fiesta st a shot and the rest is history. I'm still thinking of the RS in 2018, but it may prove too difficult to get rid of the fiesta. Maybe my wife will finally learn to drive a manual and we can dump the 200, highly unlikely though.

I was also in the maybe-FocusRS-maybe-STi camp, but didn't want to spend that much. I tried all the normal-level pocket rocket cars and really liked the WRX, Focus ST, and Fiesta ST (meanwhile I think I'm the only person on earth that dislikes the new GTI). The Fiesta had the neatest handling, and so I got one, in part to finally learn how to actually drive. I like it more the longer I have it -- it seems like I find out something positive about it every time I push it.

I had been driving a four cylinder pickup for over ten years. It sucks in the winter so I decided to save up for a better vehicle. My process went something like this-

Subaru Crosstrek
Subaru Outback
Subaru WRX STI
VW Golf R
Focus RS
STI, Golf R, STI, Golf R......

Fiesta ST

I paid way less for the Fiesta than most of my other options so now I can have a little fun with track mods. This car is amazing stock, though.