Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What made you decide to buy a Fist?

Actually saw the FiST and thought it was a cool car, nice option in the small hot hatchback range... Originally wanted an MX-5, S2000 (I really dig convertible!) or an Abarth 500 (check it out if you haven't yet) as it was priced well (used) and loved the character and sound etc.... Buuuut i was never gonna get a new car any time soon so I thought... until things started changing, and by the time all things were considered, the Abarth was too small and impractical, convertibles with 2 seats was always gonna be hard to convince the family, and there was no way I was gonna pay for a Polo GTi which isn't as good, so the FiST was the unlikely yet no-regrets choice :D

I still want that MX-5 and I can't get my mind off the Abarth.... but the Fiesta reminds me every day that it's everything that I want in those cars, but together and with the roof on hahhhaha!

You'll love the Abarth for about 6 months...then you realize it's a cheaply made car. I have put a few 1000 miles on an Abarth and have owned 2 Fiat 500s. Once you get over the novelty of owning a Fiat, you realize it's just a boutique car. The fiesta feels more substantial. The fiats feel flimsy. I have snapped two arm rests off the driver's seat by...gasp! Using them as arm rests! I had the shift boot ring break on one of them, rattly door, broken passenger seat latch (that no one sat in). Just lots of little issues. Nothing that ever left me stranded. The Abarth is fun...but the Fiesta much more so IMO.

hahahaha! yeah ive been told the charm is deceitful :p and we havent even dug into the maintenance of that Italian in the bonnet.... but gotta say, nothing screams character than that Abarth, even if it falls apart :D

My wife seems to remember us going to Ford because we saw the ST reviewed on a special TopGear "The Perfect Road Trip". I seem to remember going down there to look at the '14 Mustangs and just happen to see an ST in the showroom (the only one on the lot). Then that one eyebrow raised like Spock for both of us and we took it for a spin. This was just after they overheard me say to my wife, "Let's just go over to Upland Ford. They have an ST on their lot we can test drive." Why did I have to say that in the middle of the Citrus Ford showroom? Let's backtrack again. We'll Tarantino this thing:

After I asked one of the showroom clowns, "Is there an ST on the lot we can go for a spin in?"
"I'm sorry Sir, this is the only one we have here."
"Can we take'er out?"
"Again, I'm sorry. We only take this one out for serious buyers."
Que the previous statements here.

I should have just walked out. Then drove back to their lot with an ST from Upland and given them a big F.U. But I did give them a second chance considering the package they had on the ST.

What we both do know is that we were first at the Fiat dealer to look at the 500 Abarth. We were both like, "Meh." Then we stopped at Ford because they were the next block over. Whether or not either of us has the correct reason for the stop at Ford (I think it was also the fact that I had owned 3 Rangers and driven only those from '86 to '14), it's clear to me now that I am REALLY glad I didn't go with the Fiat.