Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are caliper covers stupid and why?

Are caliper covers stupid? and why?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The reason I'm asking is I really like the look of red calipers. The only ones I see are the MGP and they are bleeding logos. Can't we just have some blank ones or some with just the fake nuts? I don't notice them on the cars on this forum. Also I don't have a floor jack or jack stands to paint them :(

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Well for the price of the MGP covers, you could buy a jack and jack stands, paint, tape, etc and still have over $100 to spare. I don't really care for those covers too much personally. Not to say they are bad, just not for me. They just add more complications to that area....something more to wear out/ break. Plus, to some, you may be considered as posing to have a more expensive brake setup.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The reason I'm asking is I really like the look of red calipers. The only ones I see are the MGP and they are bleeding logos. Can't we just have some blank ones or some with just the fake nuts? I don't notice them on the cars on this forum. Also I don't have a floor jack or jack stands to paint them :(
Technically you have the jack with your spare, you can slide your wheel under the car as precaution for the jack failing, and use wood as a makeshift jack stand. Just don't place any limbs/body parts under the car. Then paint one caliper at a time. Take longer but you will be much prouder and a good sense of accomplishment for making something instead of buying something.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
All very good points!

I have some others to add.

1) trap brake dust which could interfere with proper brake application though it would take awhile to build up.
2) trap moisture and the brakes might not dry out after a good puddle dowsing quickly enough or freeze up in cold weather
3) add unsprung weight, not much but all unsprung weight is a negative aspect to consider
4) the money could be used for more worthy mods

Already mentioned so just expounding upon, they are like fake hood scoops and turbo badges, Buick style fake front fender vents, etc....

The other day I saw a nearly brand new very nice Audi with a very tacky fake hood scoop and no other mods, what the hell, how could somebody smart enough to make the money to drive that vehicle and ignorant enough to do that to it is beyond me:(

C. love

I think most people have really done a great job of saying how FN terrible these things are. Dont waste the money or the time

OP
OrangeFiST
Thread Starter #8
hahahahahahahaha first 100% on any Yes/No poll. Thanks all for your opinions and letting me know the shortcomings and potential failures. Totally makes sense. I'm getting ahold of a floor jack and a couple jack stands. A Rustoleum Automotive Caliper Kit which is 900 degree resistant and brake dust resistant is in the mail. It is brush on and I'll post pics. I bought some Rados to go with it. I didn't like the silver on my car. It came that way.

hahahahahahahaha first 100% on any Yes/No poll. Thanks all for your opinions and letting me know the shortcomings and potential failures. Totally makes sense. I'm getting ahold of a floor jack and a couple jack stands. A Rustoleum Automotive Caliper Kit which is 900 degree resistant and brake dust resistant is in the mail. It is brush on and I'll post pics. I bought some Rados to go with it. I didn't like the silver on my car. It came that way.
Well, I disagree. You didn't count my absentee ballot so it's only 93%.