Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AccessPort V3 Review on STOCK Fiesta ST

You will be good stage 1. Stage 1 is modified intake and tune. 2 is intercooler. And cobbs ots maps are super safe. Don't worry about that.
just a quick question about the stage 1 91 octane tune. how come I'm only boosting 19.5 psi? isn't the stock boost 21psi?

[wave] Oh oh, I think I know why... when you reset maps, it automatically resets ecu learning, so you are starting from scratch. I left the 93 map on for awhile and it seems to have better drivability than the 91 map. It also seems to get better fuel mileage than the 91 map. As for performance, I don't notice much between either map.
I'm on the stage 1 91 octane tune as well in my car. It's stock other than a muffler delete. Is there any reason I'm only boosting a max psi of 19.5? Isn't stock almost 22psi???

I just put the stage 1 91 on my car, stock other than a K&N panel filter, and I hit 21.54psi

So enlighten a noob here. Say we install the AccessPort on an otherwise bone stock Fiesta, then down the road upgrade the exhaust, intercooler, so on and so forth. Are those tunes already installed, do we download them from the vendor, or what? Sorry, I'm from the world of old-school turbo Mopars, where we have to solder a ZIF socket into the stock ECU, and then swap in burned eprom chips for whatever mods we have. These newer cars are, well, new to me.

Help Just installed my ap drove 5 miles and did a launch and im lovin it but im tired and I feel like the cover is stuck how do u guy change your faceplate ive been prying on it and it wont budge if any one could chime in id appreciate the help

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's the first thing I did was change the face plate....I have a flat watch back opening tool. Worked great... it's super thin/ stiff to open watch backing plates to install batteries.

It's the first thing I did was change the face plate....I have a flat watch back opening tool. Worked great... it's super thin/ stiff to open watch backing plates to install batteries.
Thanks I was unsure if it was supposed to be that difficult to get off[wrenchin] ill try again in the morning when more patience is present

I just stick a quarter or nickle into the slot on top and give it a twist.
I tried that since it looked like the slot was made for that but started to mess up the faceplate and didnt seem like I was even close to popping off[dunno]

This was a good review - I installed the Cobb Stage 1 stuff (plus the FMIC) on the weekend and have been having fun the last couple days for sure. Does anyone else notice a lot more turbo whistle, especially in 2nd gear?

Overall I found all the Cobb stuff to be pretty easy to install, especially with the videos available on YouTube. Now I just have to figure out for the AP how/where I want to keep it in the car and set it up so I can have some of the gauges going. Anyways, thanks for this review and for all the shared experiences here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the rev limiter function set at a certain fixed point for each of the stages, or is it totally user settable at 50 RPM (or whatever) increments??

Also, is the traction control function I keep hearing about already installed, or does it have to be added by a Cobb tuner?

Is there an optional launch control mode as well?

I was on COBB's website looking at the tunes and maps, and I noticed that the tunes "required" COBB parts. I already have an Injen intake and magnaflow exhaust installed on the car and I was wondering if the accessport would work with the mods not being COBB parts. If it does than I may have to pass and just take it to a shop and have them tune it for me. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I was on COBB's website looking at the tunes and maps, and I noticed that the tunes "required" COBB parts. I already have an Injen intake and magnaflow exhaust installed on the car and I was wondering if the accessport would work with the mods not being COBB parts. If it does than I may have to pass and just take it to a shop and have them tune it for me. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
You'll be fine without COBB parts.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just look at it this way....you can wear your Levi blue jeans with Hanes socks right! It has no Ill effect on the way you look.[thumb]

Honestly after using an OTS (93 Octane) Cobb tune then going to a custom (E30) tune it's literally insane. Even though the OTS maps are much better than stock, a custom tune is much better than an OTS map. Personally I used Adam at Tune+ and I couldn't be happier, he's an awesome guy and his tune added about 45 WTQ over the OTS map and also added power across the entire power band on top of just peak numbers.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I just got mine, BNIB for three hundred! It was never married to any vehicle but the guy who sold it to me had a 16 St like mine. Box was even sealed and so I got a chance to use it first. Had to update it as it let me know I needed to and the Cobb staff was super helpful. Pulls so much harder. Worth the buy. Now wondering whether wheels, exhaust or ic with pipes.

Only thing I noticed is, it stays on even after I leave the car in the garage. I know I don't need to have it plugged in but still. Can anyone help me with a simple tutorial on how to set up launch control? I mean I know you can set it based on rpms and I think 3500 is where I think is best but idk. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for thread jacking