Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Delrin and Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings

Trader history for Gun_Runner (0)

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #41
Hey guys,
Anyone else interested in a set? If I can get five guys interested, I'll do the Delrin set for $50 and aluminum for $45

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will be posting feedback on the aluminum version soon, car is nearly ready to drive again after being apart for 2+ months, sure I will love them:)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm glad I sub'd this a while back. I'm in for delrin. Installing a front sway bar soon and it would be a good time to swap these in. I can prob wait 2 weeks before the urge to install my sway bars takes over ;) At which point I won't be dismantling that madness again. If it comes to that, how much for a single set. If it's not too crazy...

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #45
I'm glad I sub'd this a while back. I'm in for delrin. Installing a front sway bar soon and it would be a good time to swap these in. I can prob wait 2 weeks before the urge to install my sway bars takes over ;) At which point I won't be dismantling that madness again. If it comes to that, how much for a single set. If it's not too crazy...
It's $65 for a set. That's the perfect time to install these!

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #46
Sign me up for a set of Delrin bushings.
You interested now, or want to wait for group pricing? Tell you what, if you buy now, and I end up getting 5 total, I'll just refund you the difference.

I am interested in the Delrin, but I would like to hear a review or two first. Do you have links to any Focus forum reviews?

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #51
I am interested in the Delrin, but I would like to hear a review or two first. Do you have links to any Focus forum reviews?
Hey,
Here are the threads for the focus ones. Check it out!

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408170

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411306

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?t=675569

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?t=677229

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Knowing how solid delrin is I would imagine not a big difference but I went with aluminum because that is how I do things.

Finally driving the car the last two days after a ton of mods over the last nearly 3 months of down time.

I have urethane suspension bushings, wide sticky tires, and yes, I can feel a difference with the rack bushings, more feedback, more precise, no noticed vibration or noise, thumps up from me!

If doing a sway bar swap make sure to mark the subframe to the chassis and put it back exactly as it was mounted.

Doing the bushing swap at the same time makes a huge amount of sense as the bushings are easy, once the subframe it dropped.

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #55
Knowing how solid delrin is I would imagine not a big difference but I went with aluminum because that is how I do things.

Finally driving the car the last two days after a ton of mods over the last nearly 3 months of down time.

I have urethane suspension bushings, wide sticky tires, and yes, I can feel a difference with the rack bushings, more feedback, more precise, no noticed vibration or noise, thumps up from me!

If doing a sway bar swap make sure to mark the subframe to the chassis and put it back exactly as it was mounted.

Doing the bushing swap at the same time makes a huge amount of sense as the bushings are easy, once the subframe it dropped.
Thanks for the review!! If you ever get a chance, and can fit a camera in there, I'd love to see a picture of them installed.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I wish I could give everyone a ride or even let them drive my car now, all the mods are coming together, the car is like a race kart, slot car, suction CanAm car....etc...huge grip, feedback and control.

(OK, might not be quite all that but damn impressive nevertheless:)

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #57
I wish I could give everyone a ride or even let them drive my car now, all the mods are coming together, the car is like a race kart, slot car, suction CanAm car....etc...huge grip, feedback and control.

(OK, might not be quite all that but damn impressive nevertheless:)
Haha, nothing will ever match the quite literal "Knock out power" of the suction car. Really says something when you have to wear a fighter pilot's G-Suit to be able to drive a car!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Amen to that!

------------------

I have upgraded to 8/7k Swift springs and aluminum steering rack bushings, taken 50 more lbs off the front, transferred it to the rear, etc and the car is better than ever, amazing grip. Before those mods I had a buddy come up to me after a session at MMP called the Attitudes, my favorite part of the track, said he could not gain on me in his National Championship winning NASA ST1 C6 Vette, that is one hell of a complement to receive on a street/track ST that rode better than stock:)

Now it is even faster in the turns and the rack bushings are one of the reasons why.

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #59
Hey guys,
Thank you to everyone who has helped me support my hobby over the years. It has been a while since an update, and lately, few of you have asked if I'm still making parts, so I just want to clear it up.

I took on a new position as an Apprentice Operating Engineer, and with it comes a much busier schedule, and two nights of schooling a week. This doesn't leave me much time for side work, and makes it very hard to keep any promised delivery dates. Due to this issue, I have not been advertising/promoting my products on the forums and Facebook groups like I used to.

Please keep an eye on my page for update, and don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in parts or work, as I might be able to sneak some in here and there.

Thanks again,
Alex

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Gongrats again, always great to see a good guy moving up in the world:)

I love the aluminum rack bushings, much more direct feel and response, worth the time to install them for us that want the best handling and feedback we can get!