Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sqeaky Suspension?

I've begun noticing that my suspension will sometimes squeak/creak when I am getting into and out of the car. It's a 2015 model with just over 7k miles on it. So I'm wondering: is this normal? It's no secret Fords do not have the most sophisticated suspensions, even the fast ones. I know some older Ford models were prone to suspension squeaking/creaking quite badly as they aged. But on a near-new hot-hatch?

I'd appreciate any feedback you all can give me.

Don't have any suggestions for you, but can offer you some comfort in that my car "creaks" at the rear when I go over a speed-bump. Not sure if it's suspension related, but it seems to only happen when there is significant suspension travel. I have 6700 miles on the odom currently. Mention the issue during your next service. They're supposed to do a "multi-point inspection," which should include checking the suspension, and hence, check for proper lubrication.

Mine will do it when parked on an incline. I believe my parking brake needs adjustment. I very rarely do park on a hill, so I kinda forgot about it until now.

OP
srirachapenguin
Thread Starter #5
Those darn hills! I believe mine is not a parking brake issue but a suspension issue. It always happens when suspension travel is involved. Nevertheless, thank you for the input. Could be useful in the future.

Check your fender liners, I had a creak coming from the front left when I got in/out and went over speed bumps.
Turned out it was the liner rubbing on the fender...
I jabbed at it with my hand a few times and it stopped squeaking mostly.

OP
srirachapenguin
Thread Starter #8
mdonald, I'll have to check that out. Thank you.

Vince, I am definitely planning to do so. Thank you.

Check your fender liners, I had a creak coming from the front left when I got in/out and went over speed bumps.
Turned out it was the liner rubbing on the fender...
I jabbed at it with my hand a few times and it stopped squeaking mostly.
Thanks! I'll also check that out.

OP
srirachapenguin
Thread Starter #10
I never did get back to this thread. I've come to the conclusion that it's merely the sound of the spring metal as it flexes/travels. I'm going to call it completely normal. I guess it just comes with the stiff spring territory!

I just noticed the spring noise in the rear today. It was when I entered my driveway 3 wheels on 1 wheel still on road and the suspension flexed. I haven't hear it on a speed bump before. I'm on stock shocks and Swift springs. Definitely had a springy sound to it. The spring perches in the rear look really pathetic so I'm constantly wondering how they will hold up to tracking and hard driving in this car.