Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

4:30-5ish. Think mine ended around 4:45 as far as leaving after getting the swag. Go-Karts are optional and happen after people disband.

DvC

the guys dont care if you mount one but obviously you need to bring your own mount and they dont take responsibility if it falls off the car

the guys dont care if you mount one but obviously you need to bring your own mount and they dont take responsibility if it falls off the car
Awesome, thanks! Just ordered some "super special" helmet suction mount thing on Amazon, hopefully it'll work!

I brought my camera and will upload footage once I get it all edited. As long as it's a suction mount you can use it. They just ask that you don't waste a lot of time getting it on and off because you are in and out of different cars all day long. So don't let that be the first day you use your mount and camera.

I finally looked through my videos I took of the ST Octane Academy. My camera started running out of battery I guess right at the Urban X course stuff. I never use my dashcam on battery but it looks like it records partial clips and shuts itself off when it's low on battery... Even though it kept recording partials until I realized it wasn't recording correctly anymore, weird. Anyway, it did at least capture all the track stuff, including the instructor hot laps. So once I get back home I'll upload all that and post it here.

The Comfort inn is nice and if you use the promo code on the st octane website when booking online you get a decent amount off and it applies for multiple nights. It's really close to the track too so you won't be late as long as you wake up on time. You won't have to deal with rush hour traffic in SLC. Some people stayed in SLC because they were doing other stuff there before or after, but there were a decent amount that stayed at the Comfort Inn on my day.

I don't do night life so I don't have a clue. My night after the track was driving out to the salt flats to catch the sunset. That was well worth it to me.

Were you the one who left the piles of salt in the parking lot?? [twothumb]

Here's my videos of the track stuff. Couldn't really do much with the partial clips from the Urban X stuff.

Fiesta Lead/Follow
[video]https://youtu.be/FvNQThP2GOE[/video]

Focus Lead/Follow
[video]https://youtu.be/RqNr7V8G_PU[/video]

Fiesta Instructor Ride-Along/Solo Laps
[video]https://youtu.be/hVP8AYdzmAc[/video]

Fiesta Instructor Hot Laps
[video]https://youtu.be/s2xd6bAyRXU[/video]

Depends what cars are there at the time. They had some pretty neat cars there when I was there a couple weeks ago and the food was great. I'm glad I went. I drove the scenic route back through the mountains too so that was fun. The guy said sometimes there's no cars there and other times like when I was there they have a decent amount of cars.

Planning ahead for my trip...how is the gift shop? Anything worth buying? How pricey is it?
Gift shop has a lot of STOA stuff, mainly just tshirts/polos. The t shirts I think were 12 bucks, and pretty cool! But BUY IT BEFORE 5 PM. When I went, me and some others did the go karts and came back around 530 (since the karting is only 10 minutes) and even though the shop was open, no one was working there. I could have literally just walked off with the shirts. Me and another guy left our details with another shop across from STOA and it's been a month and haven't heard anything back, i really wanted some shirts :(

I wanted to get a shirt or something, but they seemed a bit pricey to me. I don't remember then being just $12 or I probably would have gotten one. They do give you a shirt in the bag of stuff at the end of the class, so at least I got something.

I'm wrapping up my trip plans but I can't seem to determine whether I should plan on renting a car or if I can Uber my way around or if there is a hotel shuttle etc...

I was originally thinking Uber to the Comfort Inn from SLC airport then maybe a hotel shuttle from the hotel to track and back. Just not sure if there is Uber coverage or if the hotel has a shuttle or Ford has a shuttle.

Would appreciate any advice. I'm not going to be in town very long. Just in and out for this so I won't need a car for any other purpose really.

There's no uber coverage or hotel shuttle (that I saw) when I was there a couple weeks ago. Car rental was $61 for 2 days through Costco travel. If you wanna go out at all stay in downtown salt lake. The comfort inn is in the middle of the airport and track. The reception the night before the track day is about 45 mins from the comfort inn though.

I'm wrapping up my trip plans but I can't seem to determine whether I should plan on renting a car or if I can Uber my way around or if there is a hotel shuttle etc...

I was originally thinking Uber to the Comfort Inn from SLC airport then maybe a hotel shuttle from the hotel to track and back. Just not sure if there is Uber coverage or if the hotel has a shuttle or Ford has a shuttle.

Would appreciate any advice. I'm not going to be in town very long. Just in and out for this so I won't need a car for any other purpose really.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I can confirm that there is no shuttle. Rental car is probably the way to go especially if you want to go hit the salt flats / reception (or the http://tracyaviary.org/ in my case). As to the merchandise question, the Hoonigan HQ has a display of stuff, but none of it is for sale so you would have to pay retail (spendy) on the internet. The school merchandise was surprisingly affordable, plus they do give you a free t-shirt at the end.