Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

looks like they sent your group photo to our group by accident. lol...

I had Todd as my track instructor, A-A-ron did the hot lap, then A-A-ron and Todd did the urban-x practice maneuvers, Todd did the skid car with training wheels... forgot the name.

I learned from the best and did terrible on the urban x.

lesson of that day: smooth + patience = fast... real fast, even in the rain.

DEss

looks like they sent your group photo to our group by accident. lol...

I had Todd as my track instructor, A-A-ron did the hot lap, then A-A-ron and Todd did the urban-x practice maneuvers, Todd did the skid car with training wheels... forgot the name.

I learned from the best and did terrible on the urban x.

lesson of that day: smooth + patience = fast... real fast, even in the rain.
They may have sent us your picture by accident too! Hahah

If you got our pic, I'm second to last on the right. Bald guy next to me was the champ, no surprise as he's an auto-xer.

We had almost identical experiences then; except my track instructor was Andy. He was great. Except on the faster parts where I couldn't hear a word he was saying over the wind! A-A-Ron's hot laps and commentary were awesome.

Too bad we didn't schedule the same dates. Could've saved some $ on the rental car.

DEss

They may have sent us your picture by accident too! Hahah

If you got our pic, I'm second to last on the right. Bald guy next to me was the champ, no surprise as he's an auto-xer.

We had almost identical experiences then; except my track instructor was Andy. He was great. Except on the faster parts where I couldn't hear a word he was saying over the wind! A-A-Ron's hot laps and commentary were awesome.

Too bad we didn't schedule the same dates. Could've saved some $ on the rental car.

DEss
Haha I am the guy with the long hair. all the way to the left. Yeah' I probably could have picked you up from the airport and shared the air bnb to save some $ lol

there is 2 bald guys, I suppose you're the younger? (properly 2nd to right with 3rd bald guy looks a bit older).

You will have a great time! It's a beautiful track with the snow capped mountains in the background. Slow=smooth=fast.

The guests really don't do much except stand around da track and courses. Your son will get to ride along when you do the urban-x and he can even pull the hydraulic e-brake. Plus the hot laps with instructors. But in my mind, he's better served using the $ to do a bunch of kart sessions.

If A-Aron is an instructor, see if you can do the hot laps with him.

DEss
Sounds awesome!!!

DEss

Haha I am the guy with the long hair. all the way to the left. Yeah' I probably could have picked you up from the airport and shared the air bnb to save some $ lol

there is 2 bald guys, I suppose you're the younger? (properly 2nd to right with 3rd bald guy looks a bit older).
Yep, 2nd from the right.

DEss

Doing the May 7-8 dates. 90% sure we'll be driving the FiST instead of the wife's CX-5. Decision is going to come down to if I want to do all the driving since she isn't comfortable with manual driving.
I went last week and drove the Fiesta from St Louis. Keep in mind, the mountain passes may have snow if you're on summer tires. I had put my summers on about a month ago and it made things.. interesting. Wet roads and snowing over the Colorado pass on the way there, and blizzard conditions through the Wyoming pass on the way back. Lesson learned: elevation changes make a big difference.

brbauer2

I went last week and drove the Fiesta from St Louis. Keep in mind, the mountain passes may have snow if you're on summer tires. I had put my summers on about a month ago and it made things.. interesting. Wet roads and snowing over the Colorado pass on the way there, and blizzard conditions through the Wyoming pass on the way back. Lesson learned: elevation changes make a big difference.
Thanks for the heads up! On stock tires, but it came with the A/S so won't be horrendous.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

DEss

Missouri, is that you? I was the one trailing you when you were on track in the focus! Hahaha

Good times, buddy! Glad you made it home safe.

1st one to register for October 18-19, 2017. Hopefully it's not too cold to do sightseeing. If anyone is coming on those dates and wants to split a room and shit talk Focus owners, PM me. ;)

Leaving Saturday to be there for the reception the 19th and event the 20th! ROAD TRIP!

Kazz

Clean, top-notch facility. The reception food and the instruction day's lunch were better than I expected. It was a great experience. I was there the 20th. Drove from IL. Amazing drive through Medicine Bow National Forest in Wyoming. On the way back got pulled over for 5mph over the limit in Wyoming (just a warning, no ticket) and then run off the road by a semi in Nebraska. LOL No damage but I was deeply pissed for many miles! I was going to assume the Molten Orange color is what flagged the cop but it sure didn't help the idiot semi driver spot me right next to him.

True moral of the story: if you're at all on the fence about going, don't be! You won't regret it!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'm curious how many people purchased the liability insurance for this event?