Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

Attending 6/20 - a Father's Day gift to myself! Anyone else from here attending on that date?

Attending 6/20 - a Father's Day gift to myself! Anyone else from here attending on that date?
They are still doing the octane academy? I just bought my fiesta used, and live in salt lake. I've been out to UMC aka Miller motorsports plenty of times for autocross and track days. Do you just have to pay for the class or?

They are still doing the octane academy? I just bought my fiesta used, and live in salt lake. I've been out to UMC aka Miller motorsports plenty of times for autocross and track days. Do you just have to pay for the class or?
Yeah, going June 4/5! It's free to go as long ss you bought your car new and it is less than a year from the time you got it. You can check it out online.

Yeah, going June 4/5! It's free to go as long ss you bought your car new and it is less than a year from the time you got it. You can check it out online.
oh nevermind [gunfire] i bought used.

if you guys wanted to do a meet outside of miller somewhere though i would be into it

oh nevermind [gunfire] i bought used.

if you guys wanted to do a meet outside of miller somewhere though i would be into it

brbauer2

I hit the road for Utah in a week. Getting excited seeing all the posts from those that have already made the trip!

Just left STOA and it exceeded expectations. Was worried about weather but the rain held off; except it was a bit nippy with the wind.

Anyone with the opportunity to go, DO IT! We got to drive on the east track for the first 1/2 of the day and it was my favorite part. Afterward, we had a hot 1+7/8 lap with the instructors with esp off and I was grinning ear-to-ear when we stopped in pit row. Instructor A-A-Ron is an ace! . After lunch, we did the urban x-cross that culminates with a competition with the other drivers for best time.

Met some awesome owners. The instructors were all great with their feedback/tips. They also had a media event for the Ford GT intro, so we got to see some of them from a distance and hear them tear down the west track.

After the day was over, we got 'bonus' seat time in the form of a voucher for a free kart session. That was awesome as well.

Anyone who bought a '16 new, definitely go or gift it to one the eligible recipients.

DEss

p.s. the air was very dry. Bring lotion and lip balm.
Sounds awesome...can't wait! We are going June 4/5 ...my son is going with me, going to be a fun road trip!

brbauer2

What dates are you attending the academy? are you driving your FiST out?
Doing the May 7-8 dates. 90% sure we'll be driving the FiST instead of the wife's CX-5. Decision is going to come down to if I want to do all the driving since she isn't comfortable with manual driving.

Doing the May 7-8 dates. 90% sure we'll be driving the FiST instead of the wife's CX-5. Decision is going to come down to if I want to do all the driving since she isn't comfortable with manual driving.
I was asking because we have an SCCA autocross event at our best venue on the 6th and 7th if you wanted to make the most out of the trip you could race with us saturday too.

Just left STOA and it exceeded expectations. Was worried about weather but the rain held off; except it was a bit nippy with the wind.

Anyone with the opportunity to go, DO IT! We got to drive on the east track for the first 1/2 of the day and it was my favorite part. Afterward, we had a hot 1+7/8 lap with the instructors with esp off and I was grinning ear-to-ear when we stopped in pit row. Instructor A-A-Ron is an ace! . After lunch, we did the urban x-cross that culminates with a competition with the other drivers for best time.

Met some awesome owners. The instructors were all great with their feedback/tips. They also had a media event for the Ford GT intro, so we got to see some of them from a distance and hear them tear down the west track.

After the day was over, we got 'bonus' seat time in the form of a voucher for a free kart session. That was awesome as well.

Anyone who bought a '16 new, definitely go or gift it to one the eligible recipients.

DEss

p.s. the air was very dry. Bring lotion and lip balm.
Oh... so you were at 24-25 opt 26?

brbauer2

I was asking because we have an SCCA autocross event at our best venue on the 6th and 7th if you wanted to make the most out of the trip you could race with us saturday too.
Dang. Would have loved to get in but won't be able to.

DEss

Sounds awesome...can't wait! We are going June 4/5 ...my son is going with me, going to be a fun road trip!
You will have a great time! It's a beautiful track with the snow capped mountains in the background. Slow=smooth=fast.

The guests really don't do much except stand around da track and courses. Your son will get to ride along when you do the urban-x and he can even pull the hydraulic e-brake. Plus the hot laps with instructors. But in my mind, he's better served using the $ to do a bunch of kart sessions.

If A-Aron is an instructor, see if you can do the hot laps with him.

DEss