Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but is this still going on? I purchased a '16 FiST a few weeks ago and saw a blog post about how 2017 purchasers still get this.

The dealer told me they stopped but I'm dubious. Anyone with a 2016 ST model been told this was available?

Still going on, whatever you do don't wait for the letter, just call em' up and go. I had no idea about it until a month after I bought my car (back in Dec.) found it out through the forum. Ended up going in July and it was awesome! Ended up getting a letter in the mail a few weeks ago from Ford telling me about it, which is just great considering you have to go within a year of purchase, and trying to drop everything and try to do it within two months is nuts!

Cool, thanks! Also got confirmation from Ford too.

Looks like the last of the 2016 event dates are booked but they said they'll have the 2017 dates posted soon.

Sent from my graphing calculator.

I just finished up the day out here in Utah with the ST Octane Academy. It was very nice meeting and talking with some of the other attendees.

Very excited to have taken the top lap time in Urban-X. 51.308 before ebrake box points and 47.308 after.

My only critique for the course would be to do the Urban-X first and then put everyone on the circuit with more open lapping time and point bys (as they would have a better feel for the cars after Urban-X).

I just finished up the day out here in Utah with the ST Octane Academy. It was very nice meeting and talking with some of the other attendees.

Very excited to have taken the top lap time in Urban-X. 51.308 before ebrake box points and 47.308 after.

My only critique for the course would be to do the Urban-X first and then put everyone on the circuit with more open lapping time and point bys (as they would have a better feel for the cars after Urban-X).

Congrats on stealing my mini cone from me by 0.1 seconds. [rofl]

I think the instruction was good the way it was laid out but I understand your reasoning.

I sorta wish they would have asked us how much seat time we had so they'd group us with similar skill levels during the lead-follow. I felt stuck behind the 3rd guy in line during the 2nd session. More open lapping would have been more awesome than it was.

I'm not a big [HOONIGAN] fan boy but I'd have liked to been able to take pictures of the Hoonicorn and rallycross car in the shop as well as purchase a souvenir tee shirt or dog collar for my pup.

Anyhoo...it was great fun and I can't recommend it enough to ALL ST owners to go and do. It showed me that the car has 1000 times more potential than I'm capable of driving at right now. [rockon]

Congrats on stealing my mini cone from me by 0.1 seconds. [rofl]

I think the instruction was good the way it was laid out but I understand your reasoning.

I sorta wish they would have asked us how much seat time we had so they'd group us with similar skill levels during the lead-follow. I felt stuck behind the 3rd guy in line during the 2nd session. More open lapping would have been more awesome than it was.

I'm not a big [HOONIGAN] fan boy but I'd have liked to been able to take pictures of the Hoonicorn and rallycross car in the shop as well as purchase a souvenir tee shirt or dog collar for my pup.

Anyhoo...it was great fun and I can't recommend it enough to ALL ST owners to go and do. It showed me that the car has 1000 times more potential than I'm capable of driving at right now. [rockon]
It was so unbelievably close. Makes you really appreciate how the slightest things can affect the times. I think you had a faster lap time during practice, right?

I agree, would've loved to been assessed before hand on experience. I got stuck on the lapping session immediately but I pitted out twice and while that cost me a few laps I was able to get 2 clean runs in.

That karting course was AWESOME. Very unlike the indoor carting we have here. Plenty of space, curbing that you can use, etc... Loved it. If I lived near there I would waste all my pennies on that place.

It was so unbelievably close. Makes you really appreciate how the slightest things can affect the times. I think you had a faster lap time during practice, right?

I agree, would've loved to been assessed before hand on experience. I got stuck on the lapping session immediately but I pitted out twice and while that cost me a few laps I was able to get 2 clean runs in.

That karting course was AWESOME. Very unlike the indoor carting we have here. Plenty of space, curbing that you can use, etc... Loved it. If I lived near there I would waste all my pennies on that place.
I think I lost that tenth in the slalom. I think you're right on practice times.
I wish I would have thought of that comment during the evaluation survey we filled out.
On the solo lapping sessions I was in pretty clear air. I was trying to hunt down a Focus in front of me.

The track was good but the karts were poorly maintained. Best outdoor karts I've been on was either at BeavRun in PA or Road America in WI.
I'd probably be spending a lot of time there as well if I lived closer but I'd get my own kart and just do open sessions.

If I win the Mega Millions, I'm gonna buy the place so you can come out and run the karts anytime. [like]

Did anyone ask about the Fiesta modifications? I talked to one instructor about the Foci. He said catless DP, Ford Performance exhaust, upgraded radiator, upgraded intercooler (I think...) all for much needed track reliability. I don't remember seeing anything that indicated the Fiestas were modified outside of the cage and the happy handle.

I also noticed the Foci were equipped with much better tires than the Fiesta.

IIRC they said cage, tires (not 100% on this one), brake pads,rear calipers, and hydralic e-brake. I can confirm they did state they needed to add what you listed to the Focus platforms for track reliability.

IIRC they said cage, tires (not 100% on this one), brake pads,rear calipers, and hydralic e-brake. I can confirm they did state they needed to add what you listed to the Focus platforms for track reliability.
That says a lot about the Fiesta that it doesn't need any reliability mods for all the beating they are doing out there. That or it says more bad about the Focus...

Did anyone ask about the Fiesta modifications? I talked to one instructor about the Foci. He said catless DP, Ford Performance exhaust, upgraded radiator, upgraded intercooler (I think...) all for much needed track reliability. I don't remember seeing anything that indicated the Fiestas were modified outside of the cage and the happy handle.

I also noticed the Foci were equipped with much better tires than the Fiesta.
I didn't look that closely at them but I sorta doubt they'd go catless as that'd mean they'd need to run a tune on them.
I noticed they shaved the grille to open up the air flow and that the brake pads were different.
Michelin doesn't make a PSS in a 205/40-17 but what I find strange is that they used the BFG Sport Comp 2 and the closest size those come in are 205/45-17.

Tires were changed for BFG Sport Comp 2's, brake pads were stock, hydro e-brake used Wilwood calipers but the regular brake calipers were stock.

Would have been nice to have the cars as delivered (tire wise) to get it as close to stock as possible. IMO, the FoST should have sounded like that from the factory.

Im impatiently waiting for the same information. I've been on their site once a week waiting. Lol
Hey, good news, got an email back today saying that the dates will be up next week.... just happened to get my letter in the mail today too [cheers]

Hey, good news, got an email back today saying that the dates will be up next week.... just happened to get my letter in the mail today too [cheers]
WOO HOO!!! Thank you for the heads up. We should get a forum group together to go at the same time. Would be really cool to meet some of you guys!