Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aero mods and cooling

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Definitely keeping an eye on this thread - I'd like to integrate some air extracting ducts in to my build but want them to be effective and cleanly installed... Tricky combo!

I appreciate the detail you put in to the research Siestarider - good stuff.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Something that I have done in the past, which has been touched on, was sealing the radiator to the front bumper. I did this on my Mustang, but was too effective and I could not get enough heat into the radiator. I blocked off 50% of the lower grille, opened up part of the shroud, and blocked off 10% of the radiator to try and get some heat back into the engine. Making sure all the air goes through the cooler and has a place to exit is critical. If you look at a lot of race cars, they have an opening behind the radiator and duct air out the backside. This isn't easy on the Fiesta. Air needs to come in and go back out.