Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlight Corner Tint

I couldn't handle the different shades of orange. On non-black cars you still have the shape of the headlight the reflector just doesn't jump out at you.

With so many dip shits on the road I want to make myself visible.I think this just hides you in the daytime.Harder to see the turn signal.

With so many dip shits on the road I want to make myself visible.I think this just hides you in the daytime.Harder to see the turn signal.
Perhaps I'm rationalizing to suit my own personal taste but....

1) The EU FiSTs do just fine with out side marker lights. (No reflector or light).

2) While you compromise a shade in brightness they are still clearly visible when illuminated.

At the end of the day consult your local laws and don't do anything you're uncomfortable with.
Edit:
I should also admit I highly discourage tint on the illuminated portion of taillights or headlight beam area. Perhaps I'm hypocritical but I don't see the side marker as an aid in night visibility when headlights are the main thing people see.

Aren't the side marker lights federally mandated? You might run into problems during inspection.

Gryf
MN doesn't have inspections. If a police officer ever questioned it I would take them off immediately, it's just tinted vinyl. Note the car still has side marker lights which are visible.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
70sstrat08, I think it looks great. Is it just custom cut vinyl tint? What shade tint did you use? Also, did you follow the line on the headlight lens, or did you just cut it to a shape that looks good to you?

70sstrat08, I think it looks great. Is it just custom cut vinyl tint? What shade tint did you use? Also, did you follow the line on the headlight lens, or did you just cut it to a shape that looks good to you?
It's rated at 25% it's what most companies call their "smoked" tint. The coverage goes out to the edges of the headlight from the end of the headlight bucket back.

For mine I left the protective layer on and made a rough square the size of the side marker. I held that on the headlight and used an exacto knife to follow the line of the headlight bucket.
When I had the final shape I used that as a template to make the other side. Then I just removed the protective layer and applied.

If you're worried about getting an exacto knife too close to your headlight you could also trace the shape with a sharpie and a piece of wax paper and use that as your template.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Today I did mine using 38% smoke tint from Rvinyl (eBay), a very good product I've used before on other vehicles.

Turn signal shines plenty bright through the product. I'm happy, this is a nice clean look I think.

If anyone is interested I have some extra vinyl, I made a form and can cut the exact shape you'll need. I didn't have to trim it at all and it lined up perfectly with the edge of the headlight when you open the hood. Took a bit of trial and error but my 3rd attempt fits about perfectly. PM me if you want, I can mail you the 2 overlays for a minimal cost to cover my material and shipping.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looks perfect Jeff, definitely follows the lines of the car. PM sent
Thanks, it came out pretty nice. It looks subtle enough to not be noticed, yet gives the car a nice clean look IMHO.

I still have some vinyl left if anyone else is interested.

Pics with my Canon this time....first one is in the dark, there is still plenty of visibility:

Would love to buy a set of corner tints from you. Sent you a PM. Couldn't tell if it went through, so let me know if not and I'll try again.

Thanks, it came out pretty nice. It looks subtle enough to not be noticed, yet gives the car a nice clean look IMHO.

I still have some vinyl left if anyone else is interested.

Pics with my Canon this time....first one is in the dark, there is still plenty of visibility:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Got it, answered.

I still have plenty of vinyl left if anyone else is interested. I bought a big roll and didn't use much of it. For $25/set, which covers my material, time, gas, PP fees, shipping, I'll mail you a set of these pre-cut with instructions. Took me a bit of trial and error but I've got a template that fits perfectly and they look quite nice in person.

Would love to buy a set of corner tints from you. Sent you a PM. Couldn't tell if it went through, so let me know if not and I'll try again.

OP
B
Thread Starter #17
I finally got a chance to install the headlight tints from [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION]
I think they look great and Jeff was very helpful with instructions for the install.

It's the first time that I used vinyl for anything and I think it came out ok, one of the corners seems like it might not be adhered very well

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jeff

2000 Post Club
Nice John, looks great.

I cut a few mm of the corner "knife edge" part off to make it flat instead of a point, that keeps it on through weather and car washes etc., I have had zero problems. Try that if a corner is peeling, it is unnoticeable.

Make sure you peel off the outer protective layer after install, some people forget that. It's super thin like Saran wrap or thinner.

I still have plenty of vinyl if anyone wants these, PM me.

Looks fantastic! I also bought corner tints from Jeff and am about to install them this weekend on my MO. Did you use a soapy solution under the sticky side? I also read that you can use any ammonia-free glass cleaner to float it. Not sure which way to go.

Ford Community Posts