Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Control Heater Issue

Paid $100 today to have my November 2015 build date 2016 model year ST updated in accordance with SSM-45658.

Crossing my fingers this works like it did on. My last 2016 ST.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im at 92k. And have had the issues described here. I thought it seemed odd and I've just been dealing. Im probably way too late to get it looked at and re flashed. Even though i have a 100k warranty. Theyd probably want a ton of cash too. 😑

Im at 92k. And have had the issues described here. I thought it seemed odd and I've just been dealing. Im probably way too late to get it looked at and re flashed. Even though i have a 100k warranty. Theyd probably want a ton of cash too. 😑
You never know. My dealer had me in and out in 45 minutes and said the cost to flash the hvac was $100. I'm surprised that they actually listened to me and did what I requested.

When I got my car back the trip computer said I had 550 miles till empty.. That's not right.. Im hoping my fuel Guage isn't somehow messed up but my air actually blows colder after the software. I don't think I was getting the full cold either when I had it set to lo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No its due to them re-flashing the Computer. It happens to me each time I re-set my car after codes or changing MAPs for tunes I will be ok...trust me.[party]

Big Turbo

I need to get mine reflashed, i only have hot on hi, and after i drive it for 10-15 minutes, and shut off the car for a few min, start it back up and immediately scroll it down to 70-80, i can get some temperature controls, thats my "fix" for it right now. I am in NY right now and a good Ford dealership is not really a thing. Moving to Houston soon and found a few highly rated dealers, might go to them for the service.

Correct me if I am wrong, I can just go in there describe the problem and ask for a flash on my hvac unit right? The dealer that sold me the car swore they did it already, i highly doubt it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
................... I can just go in there describe the problem and ask for a flash on my hvac unit right? ..............
In my experiences, generally no. In my experiences you could even show up with the campaign number typed out on a sheet of paper, left both with the service adviser and on the seat of the car and still not get the correct service applied.

Have you tried to reset it by pulling the battery for awhile? Any indication (sounds) that it's trying to operate the blend doors beyond the limiter; or operate them at all? Haven't had any trouble out of mine except one click on a single digit (Fahrenheit) cold morning start. But after an oil change the blower motor wouldn't respond at all. Like the oil change it may have been coincidence, but it started working after reseating a couple of relays/fuses. (next would've been a battery) If I sit in the car for maybe ten, fifteen minutes or so, I can hear the blend doors reset back to default position as the system transitions to a deeper sleep mode.

Anyone happen to have the firmware or a copy of the service bulletin.. if I have to go to the dealer it would be nice to have something to show instead of giving them a number from the interwebs..

glad there is at least a fix.

To any one that may find this thread, here is the link to a PDF of the monthly TSB letter from Ford's office of defects investigation. Page 72 contains a description of SSM# 45658, what the issue is and how to fix it. Hopefully it's as easy as asking for the flash and then showing the page when they inevitably contest.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAGegQICxAC&usg=AOvVaw3goqyOxjT30wici4wRyoin

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Interesting. :) May you and your family be safe. We understand that it's extremely dangerous for much of the nation there now.

Interesting. :) May you and your family be safe. We understand that it's extremely dangerous for much of the nation there now.
Not everything is as it is shown to us.
Thanks anyway. I hope all the worst is over

Last edited: