Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Control Heater Issue

I'm going to take my 16 in next week or the week after when I hit 1K and get my free oil change done. Hopefully this fixes mine I went home the other night and it was 45 degrees outside and it kicked the a/c on full boar and I had the temp set at 76

I have this IDENTICAL issue on my 2016 Fiesta ST. Maddening as hell.

I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow to have them re-flashed.

My build date IS in the affected range.

The good news is that having this problem led me to these forums ... [:D]

Let us know how it goes
I got mine reflashed yesterday, as per the instructions earlier in this thread. Works great now!

The service writer at the dealership looked very skeptical when I professed to tell him what needed to be done. He wrote "POSSABLE REFLASH" on my work order.

But in the end, they did it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #166
Although mine is working correctly after all of the parts that have been replaced, I still think I'm going to take it in for the reflash.

So what happens if my car was built 9/7/15 which is just outside the range but has the same issues? I hate going to a dealer in the first place and so many of you have to deal with the dealer's garbage when your car is actually within the range.

Had something new happen with mine yesterday. Had the car on heat when I drove it last, and it was warm enough I wanted some coolness on this drive. Turned it to probably 70 AC and had it on the vents that blow towards you on the dash. After awhile I felt near the vents and it was still blowing warm air. I know the heater has to warm up before it will blow hot air, and I also know a blast of hot air will come out at first, but the AC does a pretty good job of starting to blow cold air. I turned it all the way down and it still wasn't cool. I got sick of it and just turned off the HVAC system entirely for the rest of the drive because I had nowhere to turn the car off at to see if it would reset. On next turn on it was real hot and I turned it to Max AC and that worked fine.

Definitely something wrong with my system too, but how am I going to convince the dealership of this if my car is not in the build range for this reflash?

I took my car in this morning and the dealership of course could not duplicate the problem but did the reflash after checking on the update. Only took about 40 minutes start to finish so fingers crossed.

jayrod1980

Had something new happen with mine yesterday. Had the car on heat when I drove it last, and it was warm enough I wanted some coolness on this drive. Turned it to probably 70 AC and had it on the vents that blow towards you on the dash. After awhile I felt near the vents and it was still blowing warm air. I know the heater has to warm up before it will blow hot air, and I also know a blast of hot air will come out at first, but the AC does a pretty good job of starting to blow cold air. I turned it all the way down and it still wasn't cool. I got sick of it and just turned off the HVAC system entirely for the rest of the drive because I had nowhere to turn the car off at to see if it would reset. On next turn on it was real hot and I turned it to Max AC and that worked fine.

Definitely something wrong with my system too, but how am I going to convince the dealership of this if my car is not in the build range for this reflash?
Just push for a reflash... It's free to the dealership, fast, and Ford pays for it since you are in your warranty period. Have them look up the service number and make them do it!

What if we have a Cobb flash? I'm assuming that the only way to get the fix is by having the stock file in the ecu. Is there any way we can have a performance flash and the climate control fix?

My build date is 11/20/2015 and I had the issue with Cobb stage 1. I flashed back to stock and so far there have been no issues. I'll keep it on the stock ecu for a week and see what happens.

jayrod1980

I don't believe that it is affected at all. If you have an access port though, why wouldn't you just flash to stock before hand? It's only a few mins to go back to your mod map.

I don't believe that it is affected at all. If you have an access port though, why wouldn't you just flash to stock before hand? It's only a few mins to go back to your mod map.
It just sucks that you gotta be going back and forth. I did end up having the issue with the stock flash and I have an appointment with the dealer today.

OP
S
Thread Starter #175
There's no way I'd take my car to the dealer for warranty with a flash I could easily set back to stock. No reason to give them any sort of upper hand in telling you it's your fault. It'll only cause problems down the road.

There's no way I'd take my car to the dealer for warranty with a flash I could easily set back to stock. No reason to give them any sort of upper hand in telling you it's your fault. It'll only cause problems down the road.
I just bought the car last month and installed the Cobb tune shortly after so I had not spent enough time with the car to see if I had the issue with the stock ecu. Last weekend I noticed I had the climate the climate control issues and I came on here to see what it was all about. I then flashed back to stock to see if it would go away, but within a couple of days I noticed that the stock flash had it too. Because I have the issue I'm taking it in so that I can at least have proper heater control with my stock flash. What I'll have to do is flash to stock in the winter so that I don't get cooked by max heat all of the time, and besides, who needs full power when there's crap all over the road.

jayrod1980

I just bought the car last month and installed the Cobb tune shortly after so I had not spent enough time with the car to see if I had the issue with the stock ecu. Last weekend I noticed I had the climate the climate control issues and I came on here to see what it was all about. I then flashed back to stock to see if it would go away, but within a couple of days I noticed that the stock flash had it too. Because I have the issue I'm taking it in so that I can at least have proper heater control with my stock flash. What I'll have to do is flash to stock in the winter so that I don't get cooked by max heat all of the time, and besides, who needs full power when there's crap all over the road.
A flash only changes what the tuner puts into it. The PCM/ECU controls much more than just the Air/fuel maps. You can see this when you get a new tune... If small adjustments are made by a tuner and you flash that map, you can see it takes almost no time at all to flash. If coming from stock on the other hand, it will take multiples longer to flash. Much more is overwritten.

Performance maps are unlikely to have hvac firmware or control software or any of that, so there's no way the Cobb map or any others to affect your air conditioner. Once they implement the reflash of the HVAC though your OBD2 port, you will be fine. There's no need to reflash to stock because of winter. If anything your car will perform best because of all the cooler/denser air it has to breathe!

Got it fixed this morning. I'll leave it with the stock flash for a couple of days just to be sure it was taken care of. There's a big difference between stage 1 and the stock file. Thanks for the advice, Jayrod.