Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Control Heater Issue

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's a lot more than 5 seconds of cold air. I had no control over heater temperature. It only worked on full heat. And auto climate control did not work.

And they didn't have to pull the dash to replace the module. It's not that bad of a job according to the tech
And its maybe 8 second for me ;) but I can live with for the few months I use it. I HATE dealerships.

Glad to hear they didn't have to pull the dash. When I'm near the end of warranty I'll see what the module costs. If it's crazy money I might just have to take it in. :(

Taking mine in Monday - just bought the car used Tuesday and thought it was fine blowing cold air on LO and hot air on HI but 85 and lower is ice cold.

Dealer wants the car for a few hours to make sure it is a warranty issue. Really... looking forward to sitting around for a few hours while they decide. Hopefully they figure it out quick, and if all they do is give it a software flash ill make sure it works before I leave.

Of course now the heater works lower than "HI".. if I set the air to 80 it will blow out warm/hot air like it should. FML please go back to not working when I take this thing in on Monday.

Last edited:
For the people that have had or are having this issue - was it intermittent for you too or did it never work??

My car also has an open recall per the Ford Owner website (and was sold to me with said open recall) for Service Action 16B11 - High Speed Cooling Fan Relay Replacement.

Does that have anything to do with the heat being wonky? Or does that just address the cooling system of the motor?

For the people that have had or are having this issue - was it intermittent for you too or did it never work??

My car also has an open recall per the Ford Owner website (and was sold to me with said open recall) for Service Action 16B11 - High Speed Cooling Fan Relay Replacement.

Does that have anything to do with the heat being wonky? Or does that just address the cooling system of the motor?
Mine never worked properly off the lot brand new but the software update they done fixed it. Mine also had the fan relay SB but when I pulled the cover the new one was already installed

Mine never worked properly off the lot brand new but the software update they done fixed it. Mine also had the fan relay SB but when I pulled the cover the new one was already installed
Good to know! Im anxious to get this fixed.. I traded in my flawless FoST and am disappointed to have issues right away but at least its a well known issue, so I do have that going for me.

Since last night the heat has been working fine and I have a bad feeling itll work fine when I take the car in Monday and then not work on my drive home from the dealer.

Good to know! Im anxious to get this fixed.. I traded in my flawless FoST and am disappointed to have issues right away but at least its a well known issue, so I do have that going for me.

Since last night the heat has been working fine and I have a bad feeling itll work fine when I take the car in Monday and then not work on my drive home from the dealer.
I told the service writer about the SB update and they did it although when they tried of course I got the it works fine so they were reluctant too do it.

I believe so, it was done about this time last year. Took them about 15 minutes if I remember right
Ah cool. I hope I can convince them to look at the system and or flash it considering that the heat has been working fine the past 3 days now. It was working perfect this morning on my way to work. Sigh.

Let me predict the future: Itll work fine tomorrow morning and they will say they couldnt do spit because they couldnt reproduce it even though I describe the problem to them. Its almost like they dont believe you. Its insulting after working in tech support for 5 years (different career now) that no one listens to the customer any more.

Probably high if you bring it in with it not working. Mine was blowing very hot air on hi and kinda warm air on 85 this morning.

Explaining an intermittent problem to someone is annoying when they just keep saying "but it's working now".

FML.

On top of that my dealer won't give me a loaner even though I have extended warranty with loaner car coverage.

I videoed mine blowing to show them although they can't feel the temp they could see and hear how it was blowing air. Ford dealers leave a lot to be desired. I own a Honda as well and the difference is night and day between the two

I agree 100%. Today it was blowing warm-ish but you could hear the sound difference between 80+ and "HI". The tem was very noticeable too even though it was just slightly warm at 85. I left it running and after dealing with the two service advisors inside, who were both not pleasant at all to talk to, got one of them to come outside with me to look at the issue. He was like 'yeah that is pretty warm...' I said it was intermittent and he again said 'yeah its warm'. But he wrote down what I said at least. After 3 hours and him not communicating to me at all what was going on I went over to him and saw my car sitting in a far away corner of the service bay and he acted like I had just kicked him in the kidney when I asked the status of my car.

Ill state I wont go back to the dealer that I went to today. Next time I wont go to someone rude and condescending - the dealer I used to go to, even if it was far away, valued my time and didnt waste it.

But they did write up a resolution on the issue. They said that code B1086 was in memory and that they reprogramed the HVAC per SSM-46405.

I also had him check if 16B11 had been preformed at any point in my cars life and he acted like he didnt know how to look that up.

OP
S
Thread Starter #275
Update on my climate control story... while I was still having issues I contacted a lemon lawyer here in Texas. I pretty much dropped contact with the lawyer once my vehicle was fixed, and had honestly forgotten about the whole thing. About 3 weeks ago I got an email from my lawyer asking if I'd like to settle with Ford for $2000. If you guys are having persistent problems, you may want to try that route. At least I'm getting something for all the crap I had to deal with.

Update on my climate control story... while I was still having issues I contacted a lemon lawyer here in Texas. I pretty much dropped contact with the lawyer once my vehicle was fixed, and had honestly forgotten about the whole thing. About 3 weeks ago I got an email from my lawyer asking if I'd like to settle with Ford for $2000. If you guys are having persistent problems, you may want to try that route. At least I'm getting something for all the crap I had to deal with.
$2000 buy back? Or money just for the hassle of dealing with Ford?

So this morning it is already 70 degrees and I am out running errands. I noticed that the air was coming out a bit cold with the HVAC set to 74. I turned it to 76 and it was a little more comfortable.

I wondered if the air was still "fixed" so I set the air to face, cranked up the fan and set the temp to 80. All I got was cold air to the face. But with the air set to 81 it was a little warmer.

Is the air supposed to be cold if it's hot out, without regard to the outside air temp? I didn't have it in auto (hate using auto on the HVAC with any car that's had it).

Or do I need to schedule another appt with service? FWIW I'll be going to a different dealer if that's what I have to do. The last were straight up assholes.