Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rub, rub, done rubbing?

masonsturbos

Lol hey guys got a question.
So I'm lowered in H&R springs with stock rims.
I listened to a buddy for tire choice- conti dws 06 205/45/17 and wouldn't you know- they rub- he's stock height.... I have some pictures of where it's rubbing and wondered if any of the "stance" guys have done any trimming that could help.
On back roads I don't rub a lick, if I'm turning around in a parking lot or making a sharp turn I rub, never get it at speed- just slow and real tight.

Pass side

Driver side
Both of these I did some circles in a parking lot- wheel turned all the way- esondi thought it might where those lips down so I wouldn't need to cut them- little did we know there is some metal behind the one! Oops- anyone willing to put some advice in?

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #4
Just the drop springs. 1.2" around I believe.
Wish they didn't rub [emoji17]

That sits pretty nice for only being on drop springs!

But yea, you could try to trim that fender liner a little where it's rubbing or switch back to 205 40s. I wouldn't stress about it too much though it's just the fender liner. Could be your fenders lol.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #8
So besides the noise, it isn't hurting anything?? This may sound weird but do you think spacers would help from rubbing the inner most part? Where it's rubbing where the top of the tire is is more of a trimming issue I think.

I doubt spacers will help, you will still rub the fender mount when you hit bumps, may be worse with the wheel spaced out.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #10
Well I tried my buddies spacers, let's say I drove 15ft and it was terribly worse

I rub at full lock with 16" wheels and slightly aggressive 205/45/16 tires. (Achilles 123S.) It's pretty annoying, and really shows just how little room for aggressive fitment our cars have.