Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autocross/track pads - Hawk Blue 9012 vs Mountune RS-T

Hey guys, I'm interested in upgrading my brake pads to a more aggressive track version. After doing my research I've narrowed it down to two different pads, both made by Hawk.

First is the Hawk Blue 9012 pads. These are their best sellers for SCCA/autocross. I'm only able to find the rear pads online however. I plan to call up Hawk next week to inquire as to the front pads.

Hawk Blue-9012 features Medium/High torque and temperature compound with excellent brake modulation.
#1 selling brake pad material for SCCA.

Use: Road racing and Rally applications where low to mid temperature effectiveness is critical.

Operating Temp: 250F - 1000F
Next are the Mountune branded RS-T pads which are made by Hawk. Both front and rears are available online and have a wider temperature range than the Hawk Blue pads. These seem to be a newer offering, as such there aren't many reviews yet.

Fiesta ST 2013-2015

mountune RS-T High Performance Brake Pads have been developed to offer outstanding performance for not only severe road use but extended track applications as well. Engineered to our specifications exclusively by Hawk, the RS-T pad has been optimized with an extremely high coefficeint of friction that is fade resistant under repetitive heavy braking. The broad temperature range of this pad means that it can be used in a wide range of applications including high powered street cars looking for dramatically increased stopping power. These pads feature a smooth and consistent feel and bite and remain functional under the most extreme conditions. Use PN 7064-BPR-A2 for matching rear performance.

This pad compound is an ideal upgrade for use in Autocross, Solo II and track day applications.
While this pad can be used for street driven vehicles, there is an increase in noise, dust, and rotor wear.

Excellent performance for Track and Autocross
Perfect fit
Minimal fade under extreme temperatures
Extremely high friction

Operating heat range- 70-1200F
This pad upgrade will be accompanied by stainless steel brake lines and track-spec brake fluid.

Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

OP
mercdank
Thread Starter #2
So I spoke to someone over at Hawk and they concluded that the RS-T pad is most likely the same compound as their new Street/Race pad. He compared the description along with the temperature range to conclude this. He also mentioned that this new Street/Race compound pad is essentially the next generation HP+ pad, which is currently marketed as their "autocross" pad. He said that the new Street/Race compound is the same compound as their track-spec DTC60 pad, but with added shims and something else he said that helps reduce noise and make it a little more street friendly, hence the Street/Race moniker.

He recommended the Street/Race pads up front, and their HP+ pads in the rear.

Front - Hawk Street/Race Pad - HB725R.650
Rear - Hawk HP Plus - HB430N.547

I know it has been a year or so, but which pads did you end up going with and how was it? I am looking into replacing mine soon and I wanted to get some opinions on which to get!

Thanks!

I used EBC Yellowstuff for track day and loved em along with stoptech slotted rotors (for both front and rear) 0 fade throughout all 4 20 minute sessions, and I'm very aggressive on the brakes, I warped my rotors just a tad on the last session of the day (Track had 4 straights 3 of which I was slowing from 100-110mph. (pretty hard on the brakes type of track)

I've used blues on a host of other cars and loved them(great bite, good modulation). 1 piece of warning; they don't like rotors.... I found myself replacing rotors when i tossed new pads on. DTC pads were much easier on rotors, so i'd get 2-3 sets of pads per set of rotors on my dtc-50's and 60's.