Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue installing AP v2

I know most of you are using v3, but it was a bit out of my price range after other mods and xmas shopping ... instead i purchased a used, unmarried AP v2 (AP-FOR-001), which from what I read should work without issues on the Fist. I downloaded the MAPS I wanted and made sure the firmware on the AP is also latest.

I plugged it into the car, but it seems to be identifying my car as FOR_FA6A_JA -- my car is a 2015 US Fiesta ST, my mods are custom intake + COBB intercooler and some suspension work, computer has not been touched ...

any suggestions?

many thanks!

OP
G
Thread Starter #2
hm also now i noticed in Installation State it says UNKNOWN_ROM -- i think it said UNINSTALLED when I got it...

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Someone just proved last week that it does work. You just can't upload files.
If you can't upload files then how does it work? It doesn't really apply to me, I'm just curious because I thought I remembered this being a problem before, leading members to have to trade it in on an AP3 anyways.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
You can view data and check codes still, surprisingly.
So you're saying that you can hook it up as a code reader and view ECU data, it just doesn't function as a tuning device because it doesn't load tune files? If that's the case then I would say that it's effectively proven that it doesn't work, not that is does. People saying that it does work will lead to more people ending up in the OP's situation with an expensive fault reader and worthless tuning device.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Well that is definitely a prime example of perspective.
True, it just doesn't really makes sense to buy a tuner that can't actually tune. But I guess that if people want tuning devices but don't actually want a tune it makes perfect sense. I just don't think I understand kids these days.

Cobb said V2 works with 2014 only, mine is flawless, load unload files etc. Just not as pretty as V3 but I will run mechanical boost gauge anyway. I raced a FIST with my old Abarth, On a Mexico highway of course. I remember it was a no contest on the highway, so he exited for me to follow and wanted from a dig. When I pulled up to his Green Envy fist he had a garbage bag for his passenger side window. I asked WTF? and he told me he had his COBB AP mounted.......duhhhhhh smash and grab....yeah I know its a married unit but thats idiotic.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Everyone else seems to say that it doesn't load files but you, including Cobb themselves, do you have a pic of the install completion screen to help settle it?