Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's talk Fiesta ST hitches

Anyone have a confirmation that the Drawtite 24855 fits on the Fiesta ST? Probably going to pull the trigger on one.

Anyone who thinks the ST is too much of a performance car for trailer hitch is crazy. If anything I'd say its meant for carrying bikes and other goodies.

I had even rigged up a trailer hitch for my Mustang Cobra for carrying my bikes. [rockon]

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Anyone have a confirmation that the Drawtite 24855 fits on the Fiesta ST? Probably going to pull the trigger on one.

Anyone who thinks the ST is too much of a performance car for trailer hitch is crazy. If anything I'd say its meant for carrying bikes and other goodies.

I had even rigged up a trailer hitch for my Mustang Cobra for carrying my bikes. [rockon]
24855 Draw-Tite hitch is the correct one according to Etrailer's customer service rep.

24855 Draw-Tite hitch is the correct one according to Etrailer's customer service rep.
Did you actually purchase one? I did an I've had some fitment issues. First, the bolts they gave you were just a hair too large to feed into the holes in frame rails. Had to grind about a millimeter off the head of the bolt to get it to fit. No big deal, it'll carry bikes just fine. But the larger muffler on the ST bounces off the tow bar and creates alot of noise going down the road.

I adjusted the hitch as far out of the way as possible and it no longer contacts the muffler all the time, but lots of bumps still make it hit because the isolators Ford used on this car allow for so much movement in the exhaust. Looking into finding some stiffer isolators and possibly some that will drop the exhaust a half inch or so.

Sorry for reviving a dead thread but,
anyone got a picture how the ST looks from the back with just the hitch? how does it look?

cause i'm wondering either going with the hitch of roof rack for mounting my bike :p

just got the curt in the mail, probably install it tonight.

I ordered it on amazon and found my 2015 Fist in the drop down. Does this mean Curt might have redesigned the hitch to fit better.

I guess ill report back when i install it.

just got the curt in the mail, probably install it tonight.

I ordered it on amazon and found my 2015 Fist in the drop down. Does this mean Curt might have redesigned the hitch to fit better.

I guess ill report back when i install it.
lol one post wonder :p

do you have a mod exhaust? cause it might cause some problems if you don't

Actually I was debating a hitch for a small tire trailer so I can increase the interior space when driving to places like Lincoln.

that looks great, im sure ive seen mini's with this type of system stock where they just pop off two pieces of plastic on their bumper and stick a bike rack in.

Did you actually purchase one? I did an I've had some fitment issues. First, the bolts they gave you were just a hair too large to feed into the holes in frame rails. Had to grind about a millimeter off the head of the bolt to get it to fit. No big deal, it'll carry bikes just fine. But the larger muffler on the ST bounces off the tow bar and creates alot of noise going down the road.

I adjusted the hitch as far out of the way as possible and it no longer contacts the muffler all the time, but lots of bumps still make it hit because the isolators Ford used on this car allow for so much movement in the exhaust. Looking into finding some stiffer isolators and possibly some that will drop the exhaust a half inch or so.
I did the hitch install on my Fiesta ST today using the DrawTite (Hidden Hitch / Uhaul) version because it seemed like people were getting closest to no exhaust clucking this way. I got the XL kartboy hanger as mentioned in some Fiesta forums to drop the muffler down a bit.

Hitch came from CARiD.com. The picture is backwards, but it's the right part. It came loose in a big box and was beat to crap, but I wanted to de-sticker it and paint it rustoleum satin black anyway:
Draw-Tite? 24855 - Class 1 Sportframe Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (200/2000 Weight Capacity)

The new exhaust hanger came from here. It went on easily with some silicone spray.
Kartboy dot com :: Subaru Forester :: 2000-2005 Forester :: Kartboy Exhaust Hanger 12mm EXTRA LONG Single (BLACK)

I also put in a wiring kit for my velco mounted lights. Good instructions. Went in without issue.
Amazon.com: Curt 56191 T-Connector: Automotive

Good news is there is no clunking yet! I spent some time moving the hitch to the left and right trying to get it centered between clunking on the left and clunking on the right as I wiggled the muffler back and forth. In the end it was pretty much centered in the slots in the brackets. I also relieved the right lower valence tab where it contacted the horizontal cross bar. I drilled a hole, then cut on each side. Hopefully this will keep it from tearing through. I didn't have any issues with the bolts fitting through the frame as asked by sikedsyko above...

The 1up adapter seems to work well. Now I can use one or two of my add-ons from the 4 place rack we use on the other car. My OCD may force me to put some washers under the left hitch mounting bolts to make the bike rack level...

Ive had the curt hitch for like a month and its great but it will bang the out side.

I bought a longer muffler hanger from discount auto parts and now it rarely if ever bangs.