Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's talk Fiesta ST hitches

My friend has a Fiesta Titanium with a hitch. He got it from Uhaul. They installed it. And he pulls a trailer loaded with dirt bikes. It pulls the weight just fine. No problems at all. I was thinking of getting a hitch too.

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
My friend has a Fiesta Titanium with a hitch. He got it from Uhaul. They installed it. And he pulls a trailer loaded with dirt bikes. It pulls the weight just fine. No problems at all. I was thinking of getting a hitch too.
It should pull fine, but wondering if anyone made it for the ST yet since the rear bumper is different on the Titanium. Want to use it mainly for a bike rack.

I've already checked on Curt Hitches, no luck.

Perry

It should pull fine, but wondering if anyone made it for the ST yet since the rear bumper is different on the Titanium. Want to use it mainly for a bike rack.

Yeah, what he said ^^! I'm waiting for spring/summer, and hoping someone finds the right hitch for the FiST so I don't have to play guinea pig.

Hey, I'm not sure if this help you guys but here's the rear of my 2011 Fiesta SE and my 2014 ST.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't Do It!!!! hahaha No hitch for my ST, no sir.
^^^ THIS!!!! If you are going to tow with this car (or add a bike rack to a tow hitch), you bought the wrong car!!!! hehehe [:0] I'd be buying a truck and a flat bed trailer to tow the FiST before I would ever consider putting a hitch on it! hehehehe [facepalm] [:p] [paranoid]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

A roof rack would look better and be more ummm... functional. heh [giggle]

TheStig

I couldn't put a hitch on this poor car. Im gonna be buying an old work van to haul my quad around. Fiesta didn't do anything to deserve being trailered.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yeah, what he said ^^! I'm waiting for spring/summer, and hoping someone finds the right hitch for the FiST so I don't have to play guinea pig.
Whispers in Perry's ear ([giddy]) "roof... rack... roof.... rack..." No, I didn't say "Scooby... racks" LOL [nono][clap][wiggle]

Perry

Towing? No. A hitch-mounted bike rack I could see, though, pel. Just as practical as a roof rack, and driving into the garage with a bike on a hitch rack doesn't lead to the same gut-wrenching sense of disaster as does driving into the garage with a bike atop the car. That said, I think I'll use the wife's car when I need to haul my bike somewhere--and then the bike rides inside with me! Or I'll just ride to wherever I need to be--the thing does have wheels.

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I prefer the hitch racks for convenience, I was told by etrailer the Draw-Tite hitch will fit.

Part Number:

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Towing? No. A hitch-mounted bike rack I could see, though, pel. Just as practical as a roof rack, and driving into the garage with a bike on a hitch rack doesn't lead to the same gut-wrenching sense of disaster as does driving into the garage with a bike atop the car. That said, I think I'll use the wife's car when I need to haul my bike somewhere--and then the bike rides inside with me! Or I'll just ride to wherever I need to be--the thing does have wheels.
That's what I do. My wife's Kia Sportage SX has factory roof bars. I added a nice Yakima roof rack to it and it works great. We don't have a garage, so I'm not worried about crunching my bike. lol. One of my best friends broke his $300.00 carbon saddle "attempting" to drive into a "parking garage" somewhere. How could he forget his bike was up there? I dunno but I bet he was talking on his cell or something. hahaha

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
haha it is ugly

Thanks. I have the exact same hitch off my '11 SES. It was very well hidden I would never put a roof rack on my ST. It destroys aerodynamics and cuts way down on mpg.
My bike rack fits just fine behind me.

So the ST is lower... any chance of the hitch scraping on gradients? I am sure the hard suspension wouldn't flinch with the weight of a light bike.

Alternately, take the front wheel off the bike and fold the rear seats... should fit. That's what I plan to do or try anyway.