Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof Basket

dyn085

2000 Post Club
This community cries function>form all the time, then someone does something functional and they cry about that too. Epic.

I took my kids camping in the FoST once and I swore I would never do it again until I had a basket to give us breathing room inside the cabin. Now that I know how horrible a functional basket is, I guess I'll just stop spending quality time with my kids.

Tl;dr-Baskets are awesome if you're someone that actually values function.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
This community cries function>form all the time, then someone does something functional and they cry about that too. Epic.

I took my kids camping in the FoST once and I swore I would never do it again until I had a basket to give us breathing room inside the cabin. Now that I know how horrible a functional basket is, I guess I'll just stop spending quality time with my kids.

I think most of the community who have responded so far like this (including me). Wish I had though of it before going on my road trip cross country. We would have been much more comfortable with a lot more room!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

I was perfectly ok going on a 3000km road trip in the FiST. But it was just my wife and I. No kids.
My only regret is now I have a bunch of minor rock chips all over the windshield and bumper and fender, which I'm on the fence whether to get it professionally fixed up or not. I can get it covered 100% by insurance, but it's just such a hassle of it of taking it into a shop for such minor dings. I treat my Fiesta like it's a Ferrari. lol

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I think most of the community who have responded so far like this (including me). Wish I had though of it before going on my road trip cross country. We would have been much more comfortable with a lot more room!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
I had forgotten about this thread. Needless to say, the FoST got a basket and its been awesome to have. Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about this thread. Needless to say, the FoST got a basket and its been awesome to have. Haters gonna hate.

Thule Canyon XT? How do you feel about it? Worth the price? I bought the Ford Thule rack package at a STEAL on Amazon for $200, should be here in a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thule Canyon XT? How do you feel about it? Worth the price? I bought the Ford Thule rack package at a STEAL on Amazon for $200, should be here in a couple days.

Yup, Canyon XT. I love it even at full price, and you're getting it for a great price. It has also served me well to free up interior space so that we can take the doge on weekend outings.

Yup, Canyon XT. I love it even at full price, and you're getting it for a great price. It has also served me well to free up interior space so that we can take the doge on weekend outings.

Sorry I meant just the cross bar package. I can't find the Canyon and cheaper than 269. I'm really thinking about the highland one and just seeing how it is. I just hate the text on the fairing. I should be able to remove it though.

That's great though. I'm really debating on getting that one.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Sorry I meant just the cross bar package. I can't find the Canyon and cheaper than 269. I'm really thinking about the highland one and just seeing how it is. I just hate the text on the fairing. I should be able to remove it though.

That's great though. I'm really debating on getting that one.

Ah, my bad. The crossbars are the old-achool Aeroblades. I like them for what they are but saw the newer ones on a buddies car and like them more, lol. I bought mine used though, so I definitely have had zero qualms with the work I've already gotten out of them. I've been debating about buying a full new set for the FiST, I just haven't been able to sell myself on the cost.

Roof backet looks great. Anyone else got pictures of their FiST with one?

How do the racks/crossbars fit on our cars? Do they have to clamp to the sides of the door frame or do they attach to the roof like on some subarus, etc.? School me on all things roof basket :)

MacChumby

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I absolutely love this with the strapped tires.

Reminds me of the Monte Carlo Rally winning Mini Cooper with a roof rack and tires:
https://www.123rf.com/photo_11336375_essen-nov-29-mini-cooper-s-winner-car-of-the-rally-monte-carlo-1967-shown-at-the-essen-motor-show-in.html

Adding to the comprehensive archive of Fiesta ST roof basket experimentation :ROFLMAO:

Was fortunate enough to grab a set of the Rola roof bars from the classifieds sections here a little while ago. Did a bunch of reading and had settled on the Reese / Highland u-venture rack that seems to be a consistent choice where I've seen people post their configuration. It was $60-ish more, I could see wanting a little more depth, and I was able to snag THIS for $100 shipped. Install and hypothetical un-installation are pretty damn quick and simple. Day one of the rack so we'll see how it holds up, but added noise and any potential headaches seem minimal. Will have to get a picture from the front etc. since this only shows you a little of how it looks on the ST in-person, just grabbed a quick one on the way home from work. Not too goofy hahaa! Excited to throw some stuff up there for further testing this weekend.

Great grab handle for mixing gas at the pump. :cool:

IMG_5400.jpg
DE027DE3-40C1-48A2-9065-C8BE4638A10B.jpeg
748F0B12-6C2E-4993-930F-0DA139C0463E.jpeg

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Older baja rally cars, where they didn't have short stages with ready access to mechanics and supply.
Also; the older Dakar Rally-raid type rides.

The old Monte Carlo Rally, multi-start points/start 'transit' from all over Europe/Brit Isles, etc., with no support vehicles allowed, also used them, as well as the older version of the Safari Rally (all of these were before ~1973 or so).

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

can you just put the kids in the basket