Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe 304SS $179.99 - High Flow Cat $279.99

Tried the install today. Everything was going smoothly until I got to taking of the heat shields. I could not, for the LIFE of me get the exhaust manifold heat shield off. I did get the downpipe on off. The upstream O2 sensor was a piece of cake with PB, a tire ratcheting torque wrench and about 2 feet of extensions (lol) came right off. THEN i was trying to get the 3 bolts connecting the DP to the turbo and rounded the bolt head of the top bolt [?|] i put the whole thing back together and have to retry after I get some bolt extractors. To confirm, the 3 supplied bolts with the Depo DP are for the turbo end or the cat back end (please say turbo end lol)

Tried the install today. Everything was going smoothly until I got to taking of the heat shields. I could not, for the LIFE of me get the exhaust manifold heat shield off. I did get the downpipe on off. The upstream O2 sensor was a piece of cake with PB, a tire ratcheting torque wrench and about 2 feet of extensions (lol) came right off. THEN i was trying to get the 3 bolts connecting the DP to the turbo and rounded the bolt head of the top bolt [?|] i put the whole thing back together and have to retry after I get some bolt extractors. To confirm, the 3 supplied bolts with the Depo DP are for the turbo end or the cat back end (please say turbo end lol)
Damn man sorry you had such shitty luck... :( the bolts supplied are for the catback end...

Did you use 10mm ratching wrenches on the turbo side? It would have prevented and rounding happening :-/

Did you remove all the bolts fr the heat shield? There's is one under the left side top area that you have to remove a hard line to get access to.

Download the instructions from Cobb for their downpipe. It tells you exactly how many bolts there are to remove and where they are.

Once the shield is off just bend the shit out of it till you can get it out. You won't need it again anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah i figured the 6 point 10mm deep socket would suffice but clearly not hahaha yeah I had the heat shield free from the mounting points, was just afraid to bend it, i knew i wouldn't need the DP one but thought i would need to reuse the exhaust one.

and that sucks about the bolts too, ill have to find a new one to replace the one i have to extract.... and figure out the thread size too [thumbdown]

Yeah i figured the 6 point 10mm deep socket would suffice but clearly not hahaha yeah I had the heat shield free from the mounting points, was just afraid to bend it, i knew i wouldn't need the DP one but thought i would need to reuse the exhaust one.

and that sucks about the bolts too, ill have to find a new one to replace the one i have to extract.... and figure out the thread size too [thumbdown]
If you can get the bolt out cleanly it should be no problem getting a new one. Just take it to your local big box home improvement store they should have a nut Gide setup that you can thread the bolt into to figure out the size and threads.

Don't beat yourself up over the bolts the fact you used a 6 point socket makes me wonder if you have one of them that's stripped from the factory. This apparently is not uncommon the Fiesta. I truly hope you don't I couldn't image what a pain in the ass that would be.

Just ordered! Does this still come with dp to turbo bolts and gaskets for both ends? I see it in the original post , but no mention on the depot site.

Want to make sure I have everything I need before install day comes.

Just ordered! Does this still come with dp to turbo bolts and gaskets for both ends? I see it in the original post , but no mention on the depot site.

Want to make sure I have everything I need before install day comes.
You reuse the original fire ring, studs that are on the turbo, and the original nuts.

The DP to catback end will come with a new gasket along with nuts and bolts.

Still loving mine, will say I had one of my bolts that goes from the downpipe to the stock exhaust fall off this week creating an exhaust leak. Was an easy fix and I used some locktite this time so it won't happen again. Might not be a bad idea. At least make sure they are extra tight.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
When are the catless DP's going to be in back in stock?

When I place my order it will ideally be in one go - catless DP, FMIC, charge pipe kit.

if you mean Depo then yes I'm running one right now. The build quality far surpasses its humble price. I'd recommend it [rockon]

if you mean Depo then yes I'm running one right now. The build quality far surpasses its humble price. I'd recommend it [rockon]
Yes I did mean that one and thanks I'll defiantly have to pick one up. Right now all I have is Cobb motor mount and injen cat back

Is any one experiencing check engine codes from this down pipe I have 6 codes being thrown I installed the depo high flow cat and and mishimoto intake

No I have no tuner and still on stock tune all that is done to the car is
2016 fiesta st
Turbo back exahust
Cobb rear motor mount
Mishimoto intake
Gotcha without a tune you should get a couple Catalyst Efficiency CEL's. Get a tune. Regardless of your issues, that is the best bang for buck modification you can do to these cars period. In addition, the AP3 will get rid of the Catalyst CEL's.