Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Lawrence
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

My review of ATP downpipe and MBRP exhaust.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sound: Loud. Drone is not bad at all below ~3k rpm, however my commute to work is 30 mins on a highway with a 75mph and 85mph traffic and is full of hills. This leads to the car sitting at 3.2-3.5k and revving frequently to get up and down hills. I am going to try to adjust the exhaust a bit and see I can't get it to quiet down but I'm thinking about selling the MBRP to someone wanting a loud car and going with the Cobb catback. However, the noise it makes is great. The turbo whistle is very pronounced outside the car but not in the car. I really enjoy it when I'm driving around town but the constant drone on the highway at higher RPM is difficult for me.

Install: An absolute nightmare. I had the top bolt closest to the front of the car be cross threaded from the factory. I got it about 1/2 way out before I slipped off using a breaker bar and completely rounded the bolt. I used heat, penetrating oil and a bolt extractor socket. I turned it about another half turn before it stripped going back the other way. I had work the next day and it was 10 degrees out. I rented a car for a week and started on it again Sunday. I ended up cutting off part of the bolt (not easy as space is insanely tight), leaving the cross threaded stud in the turbo housing and put on a nut that fit. It works just like the stud given by ATP but is kind of rigged. I plan to go bigger turbo in the next few months anyway so I'm not worried about it. Next complaint? The heat shield on the manifold. Not only is it hell to get the bolts out of but once you do it's damn near impossible to just remove from the engine bay. Other than those two issues the downpipe isn't bad. The catback was cake.

Overall: Had I known about the stud issue and noise I would have just bought a Cobb catback until I went bigger turbo.

Administrator Staff Team 640 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you share some videos?
    2014 Fiesta ST - Mountune Intake, Cobb Tune, 3M Clear Bra, 3M Window Tint, ESM Wheels, BC Coilovers, Bazooka Bass Tube, Rockford Fosgate Amp
    2016 Focus RS - Focus RS Build

Want a free FiestaSTForum decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Google+ - Flickr

Senior Member 531 Rep Points frankiefiesta's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    forked river
    State
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stud issues are well known as well is the MBRP drone. You should of searched a little more or asked around. Hope you find the solution you're looking for

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lawrence
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MBRP exhaust I got for a good deal on BF and it's easy to change out. I also really enjoy it's sound. If it wasn't for my "less than normal" commute it would be a non-issue. Drone is not bad at all unless you are over 3kish and I really doubt many people do that in 6th gear. Worst case I'll call up Real Street Performance and get a Cobb catback.

To add, who the hell invented these headlights? They are miserable to take in and out.

I will get some video once I get things adjusted the way I want them.

Member 18 Rep Points madfiesta14's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    oklahoma city
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3" ATP catless with my non-resonated no muffler 2.5" Magnaflow on my 2013 Abarth was "cool" sounding coming from a little Fiat. And usually in that small car it was just me. I would hate that same sound coming from my Fist. Catless and unresonated = loud and drone....
    no way around it.

Senior Member 531 Rep Points frankiefiesta's Avatar

Medals
    City
    forked river
    State
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare302 View Post
    The MBRP exhaust I got for a good deal on BF and it's easy to change out. I also really enjoy it's sound. If it wasn't for my "less than normal" commute it would be a non-issue. Drone is not bad at all unless you are over 3kish and I really doubt many people do that in 6th gear. Worst case I'll call up Real Street Performance and get a Cobb catback.

To add, who the hell invented these headlights? They are miserable to take in and out.

I will get some video once I get things adjusted the way I want them.
    My injen catback also drones big time while on the highway. Luckily I have a work vehicle I get to take home so commuting is a non issue. Speaking of those damn headlights.. I broke a tab off the drive side headlight taking it out the other day. I was so pissed. They either come out super easy or give you a hell of a time. I plan on using some jb weld to put the tab back on. Light is steady with one screw holding it in though

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Canton
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frankie, elaborate on the stud issues? I'm getting a 2j downpipe and really don't want to break a bolt off in my turbo...

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Lawrence
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by twolf View Post
    frankie, elaborate on the stud issues? I'm getting a 2j downpipe and really don't want to break a bolt off in my turbo...
    The stud on the top closest to the front of the car on several cars was cross threaded when the cars were built. Just make sure to try to take it off first, if it's impossible to turn after you "break" it loose then you've got one with problems.

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Suffolk
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

There was an MBRP exhaust for sale on here earlier that had a vibrant resonator welded in. Maybe that will solve the problem

Member 18 Rep Points madfiesta14's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    oklahoma city
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by LinwoodStanworthII View Post
    There was an MBRP exhaust for sale on here earlier that had a vibrant resonator welded in. Maybe that will solve the problem
    Vibrant resonators are great, 12" should be plenty, any muffler shop can weld one in for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast