Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Based

Do I have to get a tune as soon as I put my exhaust+intercooler on or will it be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

Agreed, I would still say atleast a Strat OTS Map. For the price it's a no brainer.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
That's what I'm on right now. A Stratified flash tune for a stock car. Right now I'm running open downpipe though and the car is slower lol. My AFR only hits 11.3 and 23psi

grnmachine02

Keep in mind that your only going to as much boost as needed to hit target torque. If for the given situation all you need is 23psi, that's all you're going to see. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

AFR looks about right as far as I can tell. It's about what I saw when using a strat flash tune.

Based

Keep in mind that your only going to as much boost as needed to hit target torque. If for the given situation all you need is 23psi, that's all you're going to see. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

AFR looks about right as far as I can tell. It's about what I saw when using a strat flash tune.
Nah I was hitting 12.2 with stock exhaust I think

Based

Ok I just got my Depo racing intercooler on and my Borla exhaust. Car is faster already but I'm gonna order a new flash tune in a minute.

One question though. Now that I have my exhaust and intercooler on, I hear a noise when I got WOT. It sounds like maybe intake noise I guess. Does anyone know what this could be? It sounds like when you blow into a bottle except it flutters.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ok I just got my Depo racing intercooler on and my Borla exhaust. Car is faster already but I'm gonna order a new flash tune in a minute.

One question though. Now that I have my exhaust and intercooler on, I hear a noise when I got WOT. It sounds like maybe intake noise I guess. Does anyone know what this could be? It sounds like when you blow into a bottle except it flutters.

Fluttery noise is the Waste Gate Actuator - modulating the flow into the turbo. Normal!

Make sure you can hold a steady boost PSI on the AP while driving on flat road and constant throttle - it'll tell you if you have leaks or not. That and the top end where you may not make the boost as seen previously.

Where's the build thread???

Based

Fluttery noise is the Waste Gate Actuator - modulating the flow into the turbo. Normal!

Make sure you can hold a steady boost PSI on the AP while driving on flat road and constant throttle - it'll tell you if you have leaks or not. That and the top end where you may not make the boost as seen previously.

Where's the build thread???
Well I do lose boost after like 5500. I checked the charge pipes and intercooler hoses and they seem good.

And I never keep up with build threads. But I do make videos from time to time.

https://youtu.be/FVkLHvSR084

Well I do lose boost after like 5500. I checked the charge pipes and intercooler hoses and they seem good.

And I never keep up with build threads. But I do make videos from time to time.

https://youtu.be/FVkLHvSR084

Induction noise is normal but fluttering is a bit odd. Can you capture this in a video?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Induction noise is normal but fluttering is a bit odd. Can you capture this in a video?
You can hear it in my 'X-47 First Start' video on YouTube, right at the end when I put the camera over the hood. At least I hope that's the sound he's speaking of.

Here : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1Gu8_HNy8

At 2:05

Based

I don't think it's fluttering. Idk I drove more today and didn't really notice it anymore. I'm gonna listen for it tonight.

I ordered my tune update I can't wait to get it on the car.

Based

I just filled out my form for my tune. I have a question though. This form was a bit different than the one I filled out maybe 3 months ago or so. Is the launch control RPM going to be able to be set by the user on demand rather than needing to update the tune for different RPMs? Because the form only had one slot option for RPM. Last time you could set 5 different slots to 5 different RPMs. But this form says in late march there is going to be an AP update where it can be changed on the fly, but I'm not sure I understand what that means.

Recently took advantage of the flash tune datalog refinement. Super fast and easy to deal with, you guys are awesome.

Opened it up quite a bit up top. Love this tune.

red strat - strat flash tune adjustment w/crackles 91 (winter fuel), cobb drop in, ngk LTR7IX-11 gapped to .25, diy symposer delete
blue strat - strat reflash 91, cobb drop in, ngk LTR7IX-11 gapped to .25
green cobb - cobb stage 1 91 v400 ots, cobb drop in, stock plugs

Shell 91
red was taken around 35 degrees
blue/green were taken around 70 degrees

stratified-final.png

Recently took advantage of the flash tune datalog refinement. Super fast and easy to deal with, you guys are awesome.

Opened it up quite a bit up top. Love this tune.

red strat - strat flash tune adjustment w/crackles 91 (winter fuel), cobb drop in, ngk LTR7IX-11 gapped to .25, diy symposer delete
blue strat - strat reflash 91, cobb drop in, ngk LTR7IX-11 gapped to .25
green cobb - cobb stage 1 91 v400 ots, cobb drop in, stock plugs

Shell 91
red was taken around 35 degrees
blue/green were taken around 70 degrees

View attachment 13780
Seems like an unusual spike in HP/TQ beginning at ~4,500 rpms.... you sure the road was flat? I have not seen a curve like that on a stock turbo...

Seems like an unusual spike in HP/TQ beginning at ~4,500 rpms.... you sure the road was flat? I have not seen a curve like that on a stock turbo...
road is flat, could be a traction issue?

Here is another log from the same session.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 8.37.20 PM.png