Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Haven't received the tune or even the tune form yet. I assume it's due to ordering on a weekend. Will definitely post a review once I get a chance to test.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the insight!

Did you get a catless downpipe? Does it stink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you install the downpipe you're only a few steps from swapping the turbo. Especially the brunt of it.

Just received my tune but it is set for a 2016 and locked for a 2016. Since I have a 2015 I can't install it. Filled out the tune form correctly but it looks like then sent me the wrong tune. Hopefully I can get the correct one soon!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you install the downpipe you're only a few steps from swapping the turbo. Especially the brunt of it.
Yup, and exactly WHY I will not do this until (or IF) I ever go hybrid/BT kit, just not worth the effort/labor cost to me at least. ;)

After a bit of driving on this tune, I am extremely impressed. Was getting negative corrections up to -3 here and there on cobb stage one. Not a single negative correction using the strat tune. Very smooth power delivery. OAR is slowly adjusting back to -1. Anyone using stage 1 cobb thinking of getting this tune, spend the $50. Safer, more powerful, drives better, love it!

I've been waiting a while for response too. I'd had a flash tune for a while and decided to switch to a custom tune. It took them a week day plus the weekend to figure out how to invoice me. I paid for the new tune Monday and at +48 hours, no communication. They were very prompt with my initial purchase of the Flash tune back in December, I'm hoping this isn't the norm for them on the custom tune side.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I've been waiting a while for response too. I'd had a flash tune for a while and decided to switch to a custom tune. It took them a week day plus the weekend to figure out how to invoice me. I paid for the new tune Monday and at +48 hours, no communication. They were very prompt with my initial purchase of the Flash tune back in December, I'm hoping this isn't the norm for them on the custom tune side.
Congrats on going with a custom tune! FWIW, custom tuning is much different than a canned tune. Waiting is nothing new, revisions take time, and they are probably the hottest tuners for the EB ATM.

Therefore, I would just enjoy the ride and take it nice and steady:)

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Congrats on going with a custom tune! FWIW, custom tuning is much different than a canned tune. Waiting is nothing new, revisions take time, and they are probably the hottest tuners for the EB ATM.

Therefore, I would just enjoy the ride and take it nice and steady:)

If I were waiting on a revision or waiting for an answer to a question, I wouldn't be too bothered but I'm still waiting the modifications and goals form and a base tune.

Trying to be patient but a huge reason I went with them was a reputation for being responsive. Had a bad experience with another tuner being kinda sketchy so I'm a little paranoid, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
If I were waiting on a revision or waiting for an answer to a question, I wouldn't be too bothered but I'm still waiting the modifications and goals form and a base tune.

Trying to be patient but a huge reason I went with them was a reputation for be responsive. Had a bad experience with another tuner being kinda sketchy so I'm a little paranoid, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Stratified has a good reputation and track record. Do keep us updated, they're 20mins away from me, I can always drive down;-)

call them and ask them if they can send you a base tune. you have to also remember not only are they tuning ecoboost cars, but also mazdas, subarus, bmw, and Volkswagens. they cover so many platforms, that I'm sure they are busy all the time. like [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] just have to have some patience, I'd rather my tuner take his time and perfect my car then throw together a bunch of revisions real quick and send me on my way.

Trying to be patient but a huge reason I went with them was a reputation for being responsive. Had a bad experience with another tuner being kinda sketchy so I'm a little paranoid, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Ben, will be sending you the links and documentation to commence tuning within the next half hour. Thank you for your patience and thank you everyone for the support!

Based

I will say that my wait for my latest flash tune was longer than my wait for previous flash tunes (from strat). One time I got my flash tune literally in the same hour I filled out my form. This last time I filled out my form and it took a little over 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my flash tune on Monday. I submitted my order Thursday afternoon, received the email with the upgrades/customization form link Thursday evening and then received the flash tune Monday afternoon. Not bad and within the 2-3 business day promise they mentioned on upgrades/customization form email.

I'm really happy with my Stratified flash tune. I just had my intercooler, intake and cat-back exhaust installed last weekend and was running the Cobb OTS Stage 2 91 map. It didn't feel like the car picked up any power. It gave me a bit of buyer's remorse.

Flashed in the Stratified tune (I ordered mine to work with the aforementioned bolt-ons) on Tuesday night. Wow, what a night/day difference! The initial tip-in acceleration surprised me the first time out. The car gets up and goes VERY quickly. The car still tapers off as the RPMs climb, but as others mentioned it tapers off less abruptly than stock/Cobb OTS tunes. OAR is still at -0.37, so the car is still learning/adjusting. But so far, so good!

Yet another customer. I just flashed my tune yesterday and finally got to drive her a little harder today and i must say it does have quite a bit more pep then the stage 2 ots tune. I agree with the others, that first gear is very touchy. Before i was getting +6 ignition corrections with a max recorded 20.66psi and as low as 10.88 afr. Now im getting +1.67 with 25ish average psi and a steady 11.27afr. It is definitly more linear then that kick in the ass feeling the ots tune gives you. If i could do it all over again it would be a drop in filter, intercooler and stratifieds flash tune and be done with it. [twothumb] to the stratified team!

I really don't like an over-aggressive tip-in and I'm afraid that's what Stratified has done with their tune by the way 1st gear's being described. I certainly can understand it needing to be improved over stock. I'm just wondering if it could be mellowed a bit. From my very poor understanding, I believe that changing tip-in, though, requires changes throughout the map on the tune.

It's a big reason I switched from the flash tune to a custom tune, to adjust the throttle mapping. In the most recent revision to the FoST flash tune, they have 2 choices for throttle mapping at time of purchase. Maybe that feature will be in the next flash tune.