Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

My v2 has gotten louder, my stock exhaust may have just broken in though just hit 10k. Every time around 3k deacceleration, it lets out 4 good pops.
Is it annoying on stock exhaust? I remeber having the Boomba BOV adapter and having it go off EVERY time I let off the gas even when cruising at 2.5-3k rpm. I want aggressive pops when driving fast but not when trying to be civil...

Hoping it's just right on my Cobb catback with stock downpipe. From some of the focus videos, it seems a little too loud with catless/aftermarket dp.

With all due respect -

I already provided it for you in post #452 which you read and quoted me in post #469 yesterday.

Again, my order number is 5757.

When I submitted the order form a few days ago, I specifically asked in the "notes" section about if it was possible to get one or the other version of the PnC option. I was never answered, I just received the tune with no explanation. So I did take that route to get a direct answer preemptively. A few days later after further inquiry via email I was told by one of your guys that I got V1, but in this thread you told me I got V2 a few posts back.

That is why I am confused, and I did try to get answers via your contact form.

In both of the cases I have cited above I give you guys the benefit of the doubt and am sure that you just missed my communication somehow due to whatever reason. I understand that you guys are busy, that keeping track of multiple means of incoming communication (website, email, forum) with multiple staff can let things fall through the cracks. This forum is a great way to share/spread your business, but just because you're a vendor does not mean that you read and process every post or thread that has anything to do with your products.

As I've continued to say, I think your work is awesome, I have purchased 4 of your tunes and will continue to praise their merits.
My apologies for the confusion. You do have the V2 crackles - checked this and Aaron checked this in the morning as well.

We do not sell the V1 crackles with the 3.00 tunes unless someone has a special request. My recommendation is for the V2 crackles.

I agree and don't want to stop the forum discussion, I just want to make sure that if there is a specific order question, it gets to us more directly such that it's not missed and addressed quickly.

I like it but I'm about to pick up a Cobb catback for $300 so we will see what happens with that
It was too loud for me with the Cobb CBE for daily use. It's still fun, but I'd recommend spending the couple extra bucks to get the regular flash tune as well.

I have no regrets, but it's nice to be able to make it go away sometimes.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Just because of the way you said you were so far from ANY service (gasoline) station, and it sounded like you were in the most remote place in the Canadian Pacific Northwest, that's all/why. ;)
Thought we were talking about Ethanol Station specifically? In that case, I stand by what I said

V3 update is very smooth with the CTC. The V2 PnC was too much for me with my FSWERKS cbe. Lots of pops and what sounded like balloon explosions. Save it for a random drive or when I want to feel 16 again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Question;

With the V3 tune installed, and one of the more 'pronounced' CBEs, is there some of this popping anyway on decel/coast down from high revs in a low gear (once warm) which naturally occurs, even without ANY crackles tuning added at all?? [dunno]

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I occasionally had a pop before the crackles tune, but it was usually after letting off around 5-6,000 RPM after a pull.

It does it way more now, though.

Bluedrank

Here's another question about this tune. Do they change the rpm hold feature? Is rev hang lessened and does it still stop at an rpm for the next shift?

I brought this up a few pages back but is anyone on the V3 tune with PnC noticing that the car is jerkier on deceleration (in gear)
I feel like there's quite a bit more engine braking(?) than on previous tunes when I left off the gas in gear, and this is noticeable even at low speeds/load so it's not really a matter of power difference
Still curious about how the PnC is achieved. With the 3" catless turboback the sound is hilarious. Loving the Cobb TC as well, no drama acceleration.

TUX15ST

i brought this up a few pages back but is anyone on the v3 tune with pnc noticing that the car is jerkier on deceleration (in gear)
i feel like there's quite a bit more engine braking(?) than on previous tunes when i left off the gas in gear, and this is noticeable even at low speeds/load so it's not really a matter of power difference
still curious about how the pnc is achieved. With the 3" catless turboback the sound is hilarious. Loving the cobb tc as well, no drama acceleration.
yes i noticed this in my review a few pages back as well, with the v2 cnp the car jerks you back much harder right before the crackles start and engine brakes harder

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Is this with the cnp tune? or just the v3 tune without cnp feature?
I previously had the v2.1 E85 tune with no crackles.

Now I am using the v3 with CNP.

yes i noticed this in my review a few pages back as well, with the v2 cnp the car jerks you back much harder right before the crackles start and engine brakes harder
I noticed this too, and wondering if this is bad in the long run.