Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
That's exactly what I plan on doing when I order mine, but with the TC feature (and probably the launch control) on both of them.

I will not even install any of the AP V3 tunes on the car after a short break-in, but go right to the Strat V3 Flash at that point. ;)
My buddy is a master tech @Ford and he says 'no need for any break in, it's 2016'
Good on you for not running Cobb tisk tisk
https://vimeo.com/188371331
Did someone say LC;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

I didn't break mine in at all. I redlined it as soon as I bought it.

Shit North that sounds cool at high LC RPM.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I didn't break mine in at all. I redlined it as soon as I bought it.

Shit North that sounds cool at high LC RPM.
Tyvm sir, 2500/4500/5500 slots;-)
This is an old clip on my k39 and tuned by someone else. Will have Alex set same presets when closer to the end

Based

Tyvm sir, 2500/4500/5500 slots;-)
This is an old clip on my k39 and tuned by someone else. Will have Alex set same presets when closer to the end

I would never launch my car at that high rpm because I don't want to break the motor or transmission mounts but it does sound cool

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I would never launch my car at that high rpm because I don't want to break the motor or transmission mounts but it does sound cool
Lol I would never launch at anything higher than 2500, mind you I never use LC. Rather modulate the throttle myself, those are just for sound demonstrations, just in case I have to show what the beast (can) do:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My buddy is a master tech @Ford and he says 'no need for any break in, it's 2016'.
I agree for the most part as far as the engine goes (they may even 'run them in' at the engine plant before installation??), but for the transaxle/clutch system, not so much, as that should have a period of pattern wear-in (for ring and pinion/gear clusters in box) and 'bedding' (for the clutch friction material on the disc) BEFORE being subject to the shock loading of hard launches, power/no lift/'banging' shifts.

Based

Now I wish I would've had one of my slots go to a higher rpm. I just kept them at the recommended ones that stratified give you which are from 2500-3500

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I agree for the most part as far as the engine goes (they may even 'run them in' at the engine plant before installation??), but for the transaxle/clutch system, not so much, as that should have a period of pattern wear-in (for ring and pinion) and 'bedding' (for the clutch friction material on the disc) BEFORE being subject to the shock loading of hard launches, power/no lift/'banging' shifts.
Will agree with you 110%! Sucks you're still waiting bud

Based

How do I switch the slots via the cruise control? It won't let me even if I'm stopped. And what does the CCF TC mode mean? It gives you a choice of 1 through 8.

Also I just did a pull and I hit 25.56 psi. Is this too much? I know it says on the email that 26 is the max but it also says your target psi should be between 23 and 25. I only got up to like 24.5 on the previous version.

This new tune definetly pulls a little harder.

https://youtu.be/rNEy8jsbqMg

NEXT DAY EDIT: Ok, I am happy with this tune. Idk what they did to it but now I can consistently lose traction at 4K RPM in 2nd gear. I could never do that on the previous version of the tune.

I don't really like Cobb TC. It just makes it feel like the car is being bogged down to me.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Per their Facebook, the 1-8 option is the number that allows tire spin. The higher the number, the more spin that is allowed. For now though, they said this number doesn't matter as they haven't taken advantage of it in their tune yet.

Weather finally got cooler. Got a good 4th gear log to plug in virtual dyno.

E30 fuel, depo downpipe, mtc intercooler

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just loaded my tune and wanted to jot down my first impressions. Short answer...not fully convinced it's 100% better, but I know now who is doing my custom tune - Stratified.

So I dropped my daughter off at ballet on Cobb OTS stg3. 45 minutes later I picked her up on strat v3. From the moment I pulled out of the driveway, the car felt more eager. Like it was breathing with less restriction.

Not sure if it was placebo until I got onto the main road. 1st gear came and went in a blink. Revs climbed faster and smoother than I've ever felt in this car. It caught me by surprise so much that I haphazardly threw 2nd and even 2nd gear was gone in a blink. That nasty rev hang on the Cobb tune? GONE! Didn't realize how bad it really was until this tune! Even 3rd gear was instant power. By now the revs weren't going by as fast (to be expected) but what stood out most was how smooooth the car pulls. Hit 25.6 psi without even realizing it.

And that's the tradeoff b/n Cobb and Strat. The way they go about delivering power is very different. Hit max boost target on Cobb and you know it. The car is pulling hard and torque steering. Exciting stuff. But then it dies off quickly and ur left feeling kinda limp.

With strat, you hit max target boost and you don't realize. Just smooth pull all the way. Not as exciting but the obvious drop off in power delivery is not there. It's deceiving how quick the car is now.

But I do miss the peaky smack in the face that is Cobb. And that's my one minor criticism. I liked the donkey kick. But I do so appreciate strats method. Smooth, eager, and without delay. Where Cobb prematurely ejaculated at low rpms with that slap in the face I mentioned earlier, Strat makes sweet love to you across more of the rpm range. And doesn't get out of bed to make a snack between shifts ;)

Need more time with it to really decide which I like better but I'm obviously leaning towards strat. Tomorrow I'll see some highway and really bang through the gears. I'll also start logging.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Updated my firmware.

How does the traction control multiplier work? Is 1 the least or most aggressive?
Per their Facebook, the 1-8 option is the number that allows tire spin. The higher the number, the more spin that is allowed. For now though, they said this number doesn't matter as they haven't taken advantage of it in their tune yet.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just loaded my tune and wanted to jot down my first impressions. Short answer...not fully convinced it's 100% better, but I know now who is doing my custom tune - Stratified.

So I dropped my daughter off at ballet on Cobb OTS stg3. 45 minutes later I picked her up on strat v3. From the moment I pulled out of the driveway, the car felt more eager. Like it was breathing with less restriction.

Not sure if it was placebo until I got onto the main road. 1st gear came and went in a blink. Revs climbed faster and smoother than I've ever felt in this car. It caught me by surprise so much that I haphazardly threw 2nd and even 2nd gear was gone in a blink. That nasty rev hang on the Cobb tune? GONE! Didn't realize how bad it really was until this tune! Even 3rd gear was instant power. By now the revs weren't going by as fast (to be expected) but what stood out most was how smooooth the car pulls. Hit 25.6 psi without even realizing it.

And that's the tradeoff b/n Cobb and Strat. The way they go about delivering power is very different. Hit max boost target on Cobb and you know it. The car is pulling hard and torque steering. Exciting stuff. But then it dies off quickly and ur left feeling kinda limp.

With strat, you hit max target boost and you don't realize. Just smooth pull all the way. Not as exciting but the obvious drop off in power delivery is not there. It's deceiving how quick the car is now.

But I do miss the peaky smack in the face that is Cobb. And that's my one minor criticism. I liked the donkey kick. But I do so appreciate strats method. Smooth, eager, and without delay. Where Cobb prematurely ejaculated at low rpms with that slap in the face I mentioned earlier, Strat makes sweet love to you across more of the rpm range. And doesn't get out of bed to make a snack between shifts ;)

Need more time with it to really decide which I like better but I'm obviously leaning towards strat. Tomorrow I'll see some highway and really bang through the gears. I'll also start logging.
Hilarious but really really really accurate description of the differences of these tunes. Seems like you have to pick......peaky donkey kick power or smooth no rev hang sweetness. You get one or the other. Wish both could be in one tune. Errgghhh I know your dilemma exactly.

I just upgraded to the v3. I much prefer the smooth power band of the Stratified tune over the Cobb. I'm running at stage 3. The biggest improvement is 1st gear. With the Cobb tune 1st was pretty dead, but the Stratified has some real response and feels like you're driving a sports car.

The Cobb tune always felt like I was driving a base model Fiesta that would jump to a ST when I got into the higher RPMs. The Stratified tune fixed one of my biggest grips with the car.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This morning was more goodness up until about 10 minutes into my commute when I start hearing a faint noise through my music. I shut off the radio and hear this high pitched, hissy, honking kinda sound at the upper rpms of every gear except 1st. Car drives normal and a scan for codes showed nothing. It's not turbo spool or DV as i still have those normal sounds. This is an additional noise. Almost electronic. Impossible to explain but if it's still doing it tonight then I'll log it and hang my phone out the window while i drive to get a recording of this robotic mouse-dog-creature that's now living in my engine bay. I'm hoping it was just due to the weather. There weren't any odd noises last night and this morning was the first to hit the 30*s...

Hilarious but really really really accurate description of the differences of these tunes. Seems like you have to pick......peaky donkey kick power or smooth no rev hang sweetness. You get one or the other. Wish both could be in one tune. Errgghhh I know your dilemma exactly.
To get both i think we're gonna need us a shiny new C39

That's exactly how I feel, great way to describe it! [MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION]
looks like this time we agree to agree!