Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] I respect you and I always take in what you say. You were helpful to me and many others. Thanks for chiming in, always good to hear how people feel about purchases, after the novelty has gone away.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Hey folks,

I thought I'd post a few thoughts here again.....a member recently asked me a few questions about my Strat tune....even though I'm on a custom tune I still have the Strat tune on my Accessport, and it was fresh on my mind so I thought why not and loaded the old Strat tune on my car for the day.

So here are a few thoughts going from a full custom tune back to this one for a day at least - this is a great tune still. Despite it having a bit less torque and hp than the custom tune (as to be expected), this tune is outstanding. It's super smooth. My reason for posting was I casually driving around not thinking about anything and noticed my Cobb AP estimated tq was 291. Obviously that number isn't completely accurate, but now that's crazy good for a stock turbo with all the bolt-ons but without E30 or meth. My Strat tune was $120 and included the base tune ($50), the one-time datalog review and upgrade ($50), and Strat traction control ($10) and Strat pops and crackles ($10). Temps were in the 40s this morning when I took the picture below.

Anyhow if you're contemplating this I'm gonna say this is the best $110 (less the pops and crackles) you can spend on your car, period. The tune is super smooth, has great response, and really feels more like a V6 than a blown 4-cyl.

How much less horsepower with the strat tune compared to custom ?

Hey folks,

I thought I'd post a few thoughts here again.....a member recently asked me a few questions about my Strat tune....even though I'm on a custom tune I still have the Strat tune on my Accessport, and it was fresh on my mind so I thought why not and loaded the old Strat tune on my car for the day.

So here are a few thoughts going from a full custom tune back to this one for a day at least - this is a great tune still. Despite it having a bit less torque and hp than the custom tune (as to be expected), this tune is outstanding. It's super smooth. My reason for posting was I casually driving around not thinking about anything and noticed my Cobb AP estimated tq was 291. Obviously that number isn't completely accurate, but now that's crazy good for a stock turbo with all the bolt-ons but without E30 or meth. My Strat tune was $120 and included the base tune ($50), the one-time datalog review and upgrade ($50), and Strat traction control ($10) and Strat pops and crackles ($10). Temps were in the 40s this morning when I took the picture below.

Anyhow if you're contemplating this I'm gonna say this is the best $110 (less the pops and crackles) you can spend on your car, period. The tune is super smooth, has great response, and really feels more like a V6 than a blown 4-cyl.
Thanks for the feedback Jeff, appreciate the kind words and really happy to hear you're enjoying the tune when you run it!

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] I respect you and I always take in what you say. You were helpful to me and many others. Thanks for chiming in, always good to hear how people feel about purchases, after the novelty has gone away.

Hey man thanks. Yeah the novelty wears off, it's nice to have several awesome tunes on the car for variety, keeps it fresh!

How much less horsepower with the strat tune compared to custom ?
I have no idea, I've never dyno'd the car. They are comparable but the custom as expected is a bit more aggressive but it went through 5 revisions whereas the Strat tune went through 1, which is what I paid for. More than anything the difference is in power delivery which has to do with the tuner's style/preference and my input. The Strat tune is super smooth and feels like a V6 to me, in contrast the custom tune feels like a turbo'd 4 with a serious "suddenly on" power surge. Stratified could do the same thing if you requested it and paid for a custom tune, they are experts and I trust them completely. Again I like options and wanted the crackle and pop option so I added the Strat tune to my list of weaponry.

Thanks for the feedback Jeff, appreciate the kind words and really happy to hear you're enjoying the tune when you run it!
Yes sir, I don't see one or the other as better or worse, just different flavors of ice cream. You guys truly rock!

Someone give this man some more business!!!

[hihi]

Based

Do y'all think I'm hurting my car by running open downpipe for a week? My AFR is only 11.3 at WOT. And only hitting 23psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I have no idea, I've never dyno'd the car. They are comparable but the custom as expected is a bit more aggressive but it went through 5 revisions whereas the Strat tune went through 1, which is what I paid for. More than anything the difference is in power delivery which has to do with the tuner's style/preference and my input. The Strat tune is super smooth and feels like a V6 to me, in contrast the custom tune feels like a turbo'd 4 with a serious "suddenly on" power surge. Stratified could do the same thing if you requested it and paid for a custom tune, they are experts and I trust them completely. Again I like options and wanted the crackle and pop option so I added the Strat tune to my list

Just because it blows the tires off at low end doesn't mean more horsepower. A torque spike that lasts milliseconds also does nothing. Smooth linear power is deceptive. All these tuners are squeezing water out of a rock on stock turbo. A dyno is the only conclusive proof.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing this. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to purchase this Stratified OTS tune. I'm using the FiST for a traveling work car driving state-to-state. Because of this, I'm not getting a custom tune do to the fact that the fuel(s) will be inconsistent, and no other OTS tune looks even remotely comparable.

^another one for Stratified. The stratified camp is getting bigger
I just received my tune today(E30, Stage2 based on Cobb OTS), I've driven about 30 miles on it and I can't believe how good it is so far. The car is so much more responsive, my butt dyno is def estimating great results! I don't anticipate any issues, I am a very happy stratified customer!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll plus one on the e30 tune also....i have 91...93 and e30. Worth every penny if your just wanting something more than stock and easy to go back to stock if you want. Thanks again stratified!

I had been going back and forth on ordering a flash tune, currently running Cobb OTS Stage 3... After reading this review I just ordered a Stratified flash tune. Can't wait to try it out! Thank you for the reviews!

Okay guys I got my Strat flash tune last night and flashed the tune to the car this morning for my commute... OMG, I feel like its a new car. Engine wise my car is stock. I got my Accessport a few days before I got the tune so I got to try out all 3 stages of the 93 ots tunes. I was really surprised just how much a difference that was. The Strat tune def feels more powerful than the Cobb ots stage 3. On the interstate in 6th gear- all I had to do was just ease into the throttle and pass with EASE... as if I was in 5th when stock. So yeah, I know the FiST lacks top end but boy did this tune make a diff everywhere- even top end. I have been so eager for so long after reading all of the reviews and I must say that I am even more impressed than I thought I'd be. This car feels like a weapon now...smooth power on tap just ready to go from a dig or roll. I know reviews are subjective and its still "new" to me since I have been stock for 2yrs lol, but to me it is truly a night and day difference. I have a new stoke for my car now. Thank you Alex and Stratified- I could not be happier. Btw- crackle and pop is not everyone's cup of tea- but I'm lovin' this!

Okay guys I got my Strat flash tune last night and flashed the tune to the car this morning for my commute... OMG, I feel like its a new car. Engine wise my car is stock. I got my Accessport a few days before I got the tune so I got to try out all 3 stages of the 93 ots tunes. I was really surprised just how much a difference that was. The Strat tune def feels more powerful than the Cobb ots stage 3. On the interstate in 6th gear- all I had to do was just ease into the throttle and pass with EASE... as if I was in 5th when stock. So yeah, I know the FiST lacks top end but boy did this tune make a diff everywhere- even top end. I have been so eager for so long after reading all of the reviews and I must say that I am even more impressed than I thought I'd be. This car feels like a weapon now...smooth power on tap just ready to go from a dig or roll. I know reviews are subjective and its still "new" to me since I have been stock for 2yrs lol, but to me it is truly a night and day difference. I have a new stoke for my car now. Thank you Alex and Stratified- I could not be happier. Btw- crackle and pop is not everyone's cup of tea- but I'm lovin' this!
Glad you're enjoying the tune!

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Last two days my feed and PM's have been blowing up with Strat tunes/tuning,seems like Stratified is on top of everyone's List.

I also just found out, ATM their custom tunes are sold out. Not surprised one bit!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Last two days my feed and PM's have been blowing up with Strat tunes/tuning,seems like Stratified is on top of everyone's List.

I also just found out, ATM their custom tunes are sold out. Not surprised one bit!

So their custom tunes are sold out, but their OTS tune isn't sold out?

I ordered my E30 flash tune right before they sold out i guess. I got lucky on that one.

Right on! E30 is the way to go. Chime back with your thoughts:)

So I have yesterday afternoon and this mornings commute to try it out. So far I am loving it, throttle response is way better. I went from a stage 1 E30 tune from a different company to a Stage 2 E30 tune(if you went by what cobb says is stage 1/2). Its hard to say if power is different since I added more parts to the mix but the throttle response is just so good. I also tried out the traction control settings and that is also great. I will provide more info with my impressions as I put more miles on the tune.

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

The flash tunes are not sold out - just the full custom ones for a short while. We have to throttle the custom tunes (which we recommend to big turbo customers) a little bit since the process to build the tune is quite a bit longer than the flash tunes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you for the kind words everyone!

The flash tunes are not sold out - just the full custom ones for a short while. We have to throttle the custom tunes (which we recommend to big turbo customers) a little bit since the process to build the tune is quite a bit longer than the flash tunes.
^^EVERY business should have (and wishes it had) THAT 'problem'!! [twothumb] [:)]