Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Based

Ok I just put my exhaust on (vs open downpipe) and my AFR is still 11.4 instead of 12.2. Before I took my exhaust off they were hitting 12.2 WOT all the time. When I took my exhaust off and went open downpipe, they only hit 11.4. Now with my exhaust on again and my new tune they are still only hitting 11.4.

Any help? I was thinking exhaust leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Guys please have respect for the OP and keep this thread on track for "Strat flash tune review". Keep exhaust questions in maybe another thread, we are clogging this thread up with pointless dialogue.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Based

Guys please have respect for the OP and keep this thread on track for "Strat flash tune review". Keep exhaust questions in maybe another thread, we are clogging this thread up with pointless dialogue.

Yeah I made my own thread

Just installed my flash tune and what a difference. Shifts are much smoother and it feels like it has a bit more pep in its step. Unfortunately it is wet and I still have my winter tires on so I can't really test it out. Will update imma couple weeks.

brbauer2

Running a log reviewed e-tune but just installed the GFB DV+, the WOOSH FMIC and Magnaflow exhaust, should I get another log the for any adjustments?

Also thinking of going E30 when I get back from Octane in May, what route online would I need to upgrade for a combo tune?

Sent from my OnePlus 3

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Running a log reviewed e-tune but just installed the GFB DV+, the WOOSH FMIC and Magnaflow exhaust, should I get another log the for any adjustments?

Also thinking of going E30 when I get back from Octane in May, what route online would I need to upgrade for a combo tune?

Sent from my OnePlus 3
Log imo is a personal choice, but the e30 would make you spanks a stock fost silly sideways;-) and I'm liking your choices on the mods you listed above!

Based

Is it good or bad that I get +5 on ignition correction cylinder 1

Is it good or bad that I get +5 on ignition correction cylinder 1

Postive corrections aren't a bad thing, they're just adding timing because the car sees no knock.

If you're getting +5 while under full throttle it probably means your tune could be made a bit more aggressive unless the timing curve is already at an optimal level.

No worries!

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Based

Do y'all think an intake and downpipe will make a difference in power or can I get a custom tune right now and get most of the benefit since I have an intercooler and catback. I was going to just wait and get the intake and downpipe before I got my custom tune but now I'm thinking about skipping those for now until I want to get an x47.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Hundreds of threads showing downpipe and intake useless with stock turbo, Thousands of threads toting the benefits of a custom tune .

Do y'all think an intake and downpipe will make a difference in power or can I get a custom tune right now and get most of the benefit since I have an intercooler and catback. I was going to just wait and get the intake and downpipe before I got my custom tune but now I'm thinking about skipping those for now until I want to get an x47.

Intake no, downpipe you can get a bit of a gain with a tune but nothing really worthwhile IMO.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Here is what I found out after doing said mods. The gains are very minimal but there are gains to be had. The whole point of the downpipe, intake, and intercooler piping is efficiency, if said mods are in place your car no longer has to work as hard to make the same power, this relieves stress off of the whole system as a whole. These mods allow the car to breathe. The downpipe you will definitely notice, the car spools a lot quicker and the torque comes on sooner, but this also leads to shredding the tires and makes 1st and 2nd gear useless unless you have strats traction control which is flawless. The charge pipes make a difference too I was skeptical, but the way I see that is the bigger, direct airflow and mandrel bent smoothness of the pipes allows the air to flow better, the bigger pipes actually slow the air just a little bit and allows it to stay inside of the intercooler just for a bit longer this leads to an even cooler charge, and because the turbo is so small and spools so quickly it has no problem at all filling those pipes, even if it did have just a little bit of lag I would give that up for more efficiency. The biggest thing about the charge pipes is most systems come with t bolt clamps which is awesome no longer do you have stock charge pipes blowing off and trying to fix boost leaks, and you can actually hear the air flowing through the pipes, some may like it, some may not. Don't think of the gains to be had really think of your car having a better healthier life because all the restrictions are removed

Based

Here is what I found out after doing said mods. The gains are very minimal but there are gains to be had. The whole point of the downpipe, intake, and intercooler piping is efficiency, if said mods are in place your car no longer has to work as hard to make the same power, this relieves stress off of the whole system as a whole. These mods allow the car to breathe. The downpipe you will definitely notice, the car spools a lot quicker and the torque comes on sooner, but this also leads to shredding the tires and makes 1st and 2nd gear useless unless you have strats traction control which is flawless. The charge pipes make a difference too I was skeptical, but the way I see that is the bigger, direct airflow and mandrel bent smoothness of the pipes allows the air to flow better, the bigger pipes actually slow the air just a little bit and allows it to stay inside of the intercooler just for a bit longer this leads to an even cooler charge, and because the turbo is so small and spools so quickly it has no problem at all filling those pipes, even if it did have just a little bit of lag I would give that up for more efficiency. The biggest thing about the charge pipes is most systems come with t bolt clamps which is awesome no longer do you have stock charge pipes blowing off and trying to fix boost leaks, and you can actually hear the air flowing through the pipes, some may like it, some may not. Don't think of the gains to be had really think of your car having a better healthier life because all the restrictions are removed
Thanks for the insight!

Did you get a catless downpipe? Does it stink?