Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is everything good to go now after the latest Cobb update?
Negative. I still do not have traction control working. I got my tune from Stratified the day before the firmware update was released from COBB. I installed it two days later on my Accessport after updating (per Stratified's instructions). I let them know that traction control and shift light were not working and they are currently telling me that COBB may send out a new firmware update to take care of the issue so they don't have to remake my tune/map for V500 (current COBB firmware as of now)..

So I'm really here to find out what the ETA is for COBB to release a new firmware update. Has anybody heard anything similar from Stratified?

Negative. I still do not have traction control working. I got my tune from Stratified the day before the firmware update was released from COBB. I installed it two days later on my Accessport after updating (per Stratified's instructions). I let them know that traction control and shift light were not working and they are currently telling me that COBB may send out a new firmware update to take care of the issue so they don't have to remake my tune/map for V500 (current COBB firmware as of now)..

So I'm really here to find out what the ETA is for COBB to release a new firmware update. Has anybody heard anything similar from Stratified?
There is a BETA FW that was pushed out today and the full release should be out next week from COBB.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I saw those prices and thought, man that's cheap! Then I saw it was per liter.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but I wish we could get ethanol free 94 here for only ~$0.16 more per gallon than our 91/93.

Then mix it with either a pure, certified E85, or the E98 Racing I just found out my E85 station has at the pump, and never have to worry about hot weather detonation again. [:)]

brbauer2

Is there an upgrade path to go from a Strat tune based on COBB V4 to one based on V5?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Based

How much horsepower would I gain if I updated my tune for my intake. I went from stock intake to CPE 3". Just wondering if it's worth the $50 or whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news - Bugs and Issues with the latest COBB updates have been resolved! Thank you COBB and Braden for the hard work!

- V3.00 and prior maps can once again access the tune and traction control menu options. Simply update your Accessport to the latest firmware and REFLASH the current tune.
- V3.10 maps with the adjustable LC and FFS are now fully safe even for combo tunes. We discovered a slot switching bug with V3.10 maps and because of this we had to send all combo tunes as V3.00 until it was safe to do otherwise. V3.10 maps can now be had in all configurations. As a reminder, the one thing you gain with V3.10 over 3.00 is the ability to adjust launch control and flat foot shift RPM on the Accessport. This setting however defaults back to the saved value in the tune once a slot is changed or key is cycled. So it is a temporary setting.

To move to V3.10 if you desire this feature and nothing else changed is a version update as the map will have to be rebuilt (http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=671)

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Still lights up second and has trouble with 3rd on stock tires. And I have the summers, not the all seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Interesting, I've heard their traction control works well. Are you stage 1, 2? What other mods do you have?

It does work well. That doesnt mean that if you use the throttle like a trigger the car doesn't have enough traction. And in 2nd it will generate enough wheel speed to overcome the traction control. Under 80% of driving, it's a non issue.
I have their OTS map and a muffler delete.

The traction control is designed such that you can more easily regain traction once it is lost while not losing momentum. The OEM traction control system is much more aggressive in stopping wheelspin BUT as you have all experienced it feels intrusive and you lose momentum. So we have designed our calibration to allow you better control via the throttle rather than prevent all wheelspin.

The traction control is designed such that you can more easily regain traction once it is lost while not losing momentum. The OEM traction control system is much more aggressive in stopping wheelspin BUT as you have all experienced it feels intrusive and you lose momentum. So we have designed our calibration to allow you better control via the throttle rather than prevent all wheelspin.
Exactly this. It works great. But traction control is not a replacement for traction. Basically the Strat tune is strong enough out of the box the stock tires are no longer adequate, regardless of how good the traction control is. And it's orders of magnitude better than the oem Tc.

AzNightmare

Good news - Bugs and Issues with the latest COBB updates have been resolved! Thank you COBB and Braden for the hard work!

- V3.00 and prior maps can once again access the tune and traction control menu options. Simply update your Accessport to the latest firmware and REFLASH the current tune.
- V3.10 maps with the adjustable LC and FFS are now fully safe even for combo tunes. We discovered a slot switching bug with V3.10 maps and because of this we had to send all combo tunes as V3.00 until it was safe to do otherwise. V3.10 maps can now be had in all configurations. As a reminder, the one thing you gain with V3.10 over 3.00 is the ability to adjust launch control and flat foot shift RPM on the Accessport. This setting however defaults back to the saved value in the tune once a slot is changed or key is cycled. So it is a temporary setting.

To move to V3.10 if you desire this feature and nothing else changed is a version update as the map will have to be rebuilt (http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=671)
I wasn't aware of COBB has a new update for the Accessport. If I'm happy with my current stratified tune, would anything be affected if I just update my AP to v3.10??

Based

Yeah it was wet yesterday and if I gun it in first or second the car does not spin. Because I have the Cobb TC. I took it off and gunned it in first and second and man I spun bad. It really does work and I don't even realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk