Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

WAM

My local gas stations no longer have signs stating ethanol content. The local station manager says no ethanol in his gas. And then I read that the California Air Resources Board states nearly all California gas is now 10% E. I don't think we can know what we're buying with any real confidence. Just like E85 is seldom 85% according to independent lab tests.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interestingly enough doing tuning of my personal car has shown that ethanol free gas from a variety of places has an enormous dip in power potential.

I've had situations (more than one) I've had to quite literally pull over and adjust my tune in a parking lot due to the amount of knock I was experiencing from ethanol free gas.

This could definitely be an area specific thing but I refuse to run ethanol free gas in my car at this point.
^^^This was on a 93 E0 tune, or an ethanol tune of some sort??

^^^This was on a 93 E0 tune, or an ethanol tune of some sort??
We only have 91 octane in my area, I filled up with ethanol free 91 while running my personal 91 octane tune (E10).

My 91 tune is rather dialed back since I don't run it often and it's more of a fallback and it was still far too aggressive for E0 fuel.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We only have 91 octane in my area, I filled up with ethanol free 91 while running my personal 91 octane tune (E10).

My 91 tune is rather dialed back since I don't run it often and it's more of a fallback and it was still far too aggressive for E0 fuel.
Wow, so even a (supposed, IF we trust the oil companies standards) 10% ethanol content, there is a power difference?
Mileage differences notwithstanding (vs. E0/E10), I guess that razorlab was right on the mark for performance benefits using E25 even on a PURE stock, factory tune. [dunno]

Wow, so even a (supposed, IF we trust the oil companies standards) 10% ethanol content, there is a power difference?
Mileage differences notwithstanding (vs. E0/E10), I guess that razorlab was right on the mark for performance benefits using E25 even on a PURE stock, factory tune. [dunno]
We have 0E 94 here, I might fill up my next tank on it just to compare. I always run "may contain up to 10%" 91 octane from Chevron or Shell, and I track every tank, so 2 tanks of 94 should yeild some reasonable comparisons. I'm running a Strat OTS tune on a mostly stock car.

KKaWing

Believe it or not, a local dyno place tested our Sunoco/Petro Ultra 94 octane E10 fuel. For that particular sample, it was 30% ethanol. :p Shell's 91 Nitro+ is what my snowblower gets XD

On a related note, the local Ultra 94 is known for horrible mileage, but still indicates 9.3-9.5 L/100KM on the dash with the Stratify tune. On stock tune it edges towards 9.8-10.2 L/100KM. Different temps and traffic of course but still.

I think 91 E10 is good enough for the OEM tune, E25 seems a bit excessive since you can hit MBT with E30 blends.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Believe it or not, a local dyno place tested our Sunoco/Petro Ultra 94 octane E10 fuel. For that particular sample, it was 30% ethanol.
I guess that's how they are getting that extra point of octane. LOL

Maybe they should change the sticker on the pump to say "May contain somewhere in the rough vicinity of 10% ethanol"! [:)]

J2FoRS

We have 0E 94 here, I might fill up my next tank on it just to compare. I always run "may contain up to 10%" 91 octane from Chevron or Shell, and I track every tank, so 2 tanks of 94 should yeild some reasonable comparisons. I'm running a Strat OTS tune on a mostly stock car.
Who makes 94 E0?

Chevron has advertised 94 with 0% Ethanol. It's on a seperate pump from the rest of the grades.

Sunoco used to, then Petro bought them out a bunch of years ago, then you could get it at some Petro, now I think only Chevron. I left Onterrible 2 years ago, so I'm not sure of the situation over there anymore, I just know I have 3 Chevron stations within 10k of my house with 94.

I'm getting 26psi of boost with this tune. Is that good? 26psi seems excessive especially on stock turbo. I kinda want my car to last lol

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm getting 26psi of boost with this tune. Is that good? 26psi seems excessive especially on stock turbo. I kinda want my car to last lol
Then stop driving like you don't want it to last lol. And 26 is normal. I get within tenths.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your Curiosity is killing you just like the cat who was killed by the Curosity....yeahhh...yeah....yeah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So what's the latest on the traction control issue that came up with the recent Cobb firmware upgrade? Aaron told me TC can still be enabled on new flash tunes, but user adjustability is gone. Someone else said that's all fixed now. What's the scoop? I think I remember the adjustability scheme was 8 modes where mode 1 is the factory default setting (between #3 and #4) and then mode 2-8 vary it from least slip to most slip. And every key restart returns it to mode 1. Have I got that right?

Based

One time I used my economy slot on accident and bounced off the limiter at 5500 and it sounded really cool. I did it a couple more times and then changed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, cost about $2 more on the tank than 91, well see if it makes a difference. Ran it down to less than 3l remaining in the tank before filling.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk