Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Durable lug nuts?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I'd like to point out to those who still have the factor lug nuts- you should never use an impact wrench on the stainless capped factory nuts.
If only the dealer would know that. On the Fiesta Movement ST, the dealer damaged just about all the lug nuts when replacing tires (along with the wheels) and another dealer did the same with my wife's Escape.

I know the feeling. I worked in a tire shop for four years after high school, and I've seen it all. To be fair, most tire jockeys are making minimum wage or only slightly better, and in my experience few of them last more than a month or so. Basically their 'give a damn' is pretty low.

You can use an impact gun on the lowest setting to pull them off and lightly drive them on without damaging the shells. But always break them loose by hand with a breaker bar, and ALWAYS tighten them to spec with a torque wrench.

I'm sure everyone here knows that, I just wish more tire jockeys and service techs knew it.

I am on the prowl for new lug nuts because the dealer won't replace them despite being under warranty. the spline drive lug nuts are out of the question. the lug nuts are durable, the keys are NOT. I've had 3 break on me and each time it takes about a week to get a replacement mailed to you.

the McGard 64012 or 64015 (black version) lug nuts type, according to UK tuner Mountune, are not for OEM wheels:
https://www.mountunestore.com/products/mcgard-black-wheel-nut
Not suitable for mk7 Fiesta ST / mk3 Focus ST standard OE wheels / Mk3 Focus RS FORGED wheel option due to the low profile of the wheel / nut protrusion.
has anybody tried using the MK2 Focus RS lug nuts from Ford? The Focus and Fiesta share the same thread pitch.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1012-RSA

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I'd rather not pay for OEM lug nuts if they will just fail again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Feel free to flame me if I missed this thread somewhere [gunfire]

Anyone have any good recommendations for lug nuts which will be durable? The OEM lug nuts are starting to strip despite using a 6-point socket. (Maybe it's a cheap socket.) In any case, is it the consensus that Gorilla lug nuts are the way to go? The car is a daily driver and sees occasional autocross/HPDE use with OEM wheels and likely aftermarket (Team Dynamics or OZ) wheels in the near future. Appreciate the help!
There is currently a class action lawsuit against FORD and their Lug nuts on some of their vehicles. I went with some Aluminum ones from amazon. Were decent and cheap. The companies product didn't show up on time and was lost in the mail somewhere in Colorado and I'm in Mn....So they sent me another set of Black lug nuts as a courtesy...Then my Blue lug nuts showed up a couple days later. So double sets for me for the price of one! Yay![clap]