Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Laguna Seca Cyborg FiST 1/30/16

Fwd record is 1min 47.88second.... I think if you do a little more fine tuning and practice you could seriously beat that man
That's not accurate. That time was in a completely stock cobalt. That was motor trends fastest fwd car.

Joszer
Randy's time was a 1:51 in a stock fiesta, so you must of been flying out there.
Any time near a pro driver is fast.

That's not accurate. That time was in a completely stock cobalt. That was motor trends fastest fwd car.

Joszer
Randy's time was a 1:51 in a stock fiesta, so you must of been flying out there.
I see, regardless as you said he was close to rants time in a stocke fist. That's incredible

Siestarider

I am so hoping the answer is yes, I just emailed them to see if these brackets will work with our calipers.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
He meant the svt FOCUS rear brake disk on our cars. Those are to bolted a svt focus FRONT ROTOR to the rear of a svt contour or what ever those car were called :)

I'd love to be wrong though :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great report, results, fun you have had.....:):):)

The tires are holding up very well, that sort of chunking happens on a lot of street tires, I have shreaded some far more in much less use.

Rotors not looking so great, my GT 11.75" ones have two full days at MMP outer loop, 70 degree weather, 7k street miles and look great but I ate most of a set of XP12 front pads in two days, a bit costly. I will get busy on the brake cooling ducts, real ones, soon as possible.
Looks like you might have to go to full brake ducts as well.

I am sure Adam can find more top end power as having had the first Cyborg I know it should easily pull on a Stage 3 stock turbo, I was 5 seconds a lap faster than the record Spec Miata at MMP, again outer loop, 4 seconds slower than a full race very high end build Cayman R, easily out paced a Boxter full race car, a couple of first gen RX7 race cars, all the FRS twins even one with significant mods and well driven. I was on 91 octane and not a pro tune.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
SS, Website says allows one to use front rotors on rear.

Jozer used focus SVT REAR rotors on our REAR fiesta brakes.

Those are for using svt focus FRONT rotors on the REAR or a contour SVT.

Not not even sure we'd want rear rotors that large ( front svt rotor size ).

The SVT focus had larger rear rotors than the fist. The oem SVT focus REAR caliper brackets bolt onto our rear and let us use the slightly larger SVT REAR rotors.

Problem is... Ford and/or everyone doesn't bother to sell oem rear SVT focus caliper brackets.

OP
J
Thread Starter #29
Nipping at S2000 territory...
I'm not sure if it is me or other drivers, but almost every s2000 driver I meet at all the track days I go to, I have no problems keeping up with them and passing them; So I think I am well within their territory. After some quick google'fu I found some top laptimes on S2ki:
1:42.7 Doug Hayashi supercharged NSX Hoosiers (different event)
1:44.54 Jason Saini King/Mugen
1:46's and 1:47's Jason Keeney Big-Ass Hoosiersā„¢? [mods?] (1:45 at Sunday event)
1:47 Bob driving Davepk's car supercharger / A032R / R4 & R4S / brake ducts / flywheel & PP
1:51 Kevin_B M Coupe street tires
1:52.1 Doug Hayashi A032R / R4 pads / ducts (+3-4 seconds with passenger)
1:53.12 Clark Yoko AVS Intermediate / Hawk Blue pads
1:56 spider stock tires / Panther+ & R4S pads / alignment
2:01 - 2:05 Tedster stock tires / R4S pads (just a few random laps from video, not necessarily my fastest)

Joszer
Thanks, I definitely have room for improvement, I was not utilizing the full track and I also had 1 passenger in the car with me the whole time. I'll shoot for a better time this this year.
I see, regardless as you said he was close to rants time in a stocke fist. That's incredible
Thanks =)

[MENTION=1146]Joszer[/MENTION], are these the brackets for the SVT you were talking about?

http://www.prtautosport.com/store/p21/CDW-27_11.8%22_Rear_Brake_Upgrade.html
Those are not it, those are for a Ford SVT Contour. I found a similar kit on ebay that did the same thing for our FiST, to use front SVT rotors on our rear, but it would relocate the front caliper to the rear as well.. I would assume it would disrupt the brake bias as well. The part you need is an actual Focus SVT rear caliper bracket, those are normally not sold alone and have to be bought with the calipers. What sucks is EVERYWHERE on the internet is sold out of the calipers. I had to source mine used on my local craigslist. What you need to look for is this part:

I am so hoping the answer is yes, I just emailed them to see if these brackets will work with our calipers.
Check my post above

Great report, results, fun you have had.....:):):)

The tires are holding up very well, that sort of chunking happens on a lot of street tires, I have shreaded some far more in much less use.

Rotors not looking so great, my GT 11.75" ones have two full days at MMP outer loop, 70 degree weather, 7k street miles and look great but I ate most of a set of XP12 front pads in two days, a bit costly. I will get busy on the brake cooling ducts, real ones, soon as possible.
Looks like you might have to go to full brake ducts as well.

I am sure Adam can find more top end power as having had the first Cyborg I know it should easily pull on a Stage 3 stock turbo, I was 5 seconds a lap faster than the record Spec Miata at MMP, again outer loop, 4 seconds slower than a full race very high end build Cayman R, easily out paced a Boxter full race car, a couple of first gen RX7 race cars, all the FRS twins even one with significant mods and well driven. I was on 91 octane and not a pro tune.
I had the GT rotors before, the Slotted version, and they held up great to abuse. I was able to get a solid 6 track days in before they started to show signs of cracking. I think I posted a thread here wondering if they would be ok to run. I decided to replace them as a cautious measure before my next track day and decided to go with the cheapest blanks that wilwood offered. They were about $30 a side if I remember right, and they have held up great. After three track days you see the results above. They're a much better cost efficient solution than the GT rotors in my opinion. I have these mated to some brake air ducts from a Porsche and have had no spongy pedal issues.

The Cyborg definitely pulls on cars in our segment. The top end is definitely evident in the straights, I was able to outrun a V8 4.6L Track prepped Mustang, S2000's, BRZ's, and barley keep up with some M3s on Laguna's Front Straight. What didn't impress me is that it was no different than Adam's Tuned Stage 3 FiST that Leonard drives on this forum. I thought the difference would be greater.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
That's the answer I got from an email from the website. I'll check with Rockauto to see I'd there are any fully loaded calipers.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Josh (the contour bracket fab house) is interested in possibly making the SVT brackets for our FiSTs. I'm communicating with him in this issue. He has the SVT brackets on hand, so he will be able to reverse engineer them. I'll let you know what comes of this.

OP
J
Thread Starter #32
Josh (the contour bracket fab house) is interested in possibly making the SVT brackets for our FiSTs. I'm communicating with him in this issue. He has the SVT brackets on hand, so he will be able to reverse engineer them. I'll let you know what comes of this.
That's great news. I know the guys at Lapp Racing (gold coast automotive) have already made a kit but they haven't made any for sale. They made a plate that relocates the stock braket a bit higher to accommodate the larger rotor. If Josh can make a bracket that'll be even better. I'm sure he'll make a killing in $$ selling those here.

Siestarider

Westcoast is ahead of me, Josh was kind enough to respond to my inquiry and I assured him if he could produce brackets I would buy.

Just tried your Craigslist trick and found a Focus SVT partout, but someone just offered to buy the whole thing, so probably dry hole.

Thanks for hosting brake enthusiasm on your track thread. Stock feels to me like it could use a little more rear brake, but mine is pretty light in rear.

I would have thought Cyborg was ideal for pulling harder than stock that last 1000 rpm, do not understand why not.

Hey guys, Josh from PRT here. Love what you've done with the car thus far Joszer, and thank you to those that reached out regarding the BBK brackets. I'm not about to hijack your thread, but wanted to pop in and share the design concept I put together this morning, and let you all know I'll be working on a functional prototype and fitment testing as soon as possible. Because the SVTF brackets are difficult to find I think a relocation bracket for your stock caliper and bracket to clear the larger rotor would be the best option. The initial concept is a zinc plated steel relocation bracket and spacers, while anodized 6061 with integrated spacers is an option, I think it will only add to the cost with little benefit elsewhere.

Feel free to send me a PM if there are any other parts you'd like to see produced.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
GREAT NEWS for those wanting larger rear rotors and far more cost effective than the single piston WW kit though it will weight a bit more not as critical as if up front.

If not for considerable time and funds invested in a DIY 4 piston 11" vented rotor setup I would be on the list indeed!

Thanks for doing this, I love to see good things made for my fellow enthusiasts:)
Rick

While looking into finalizing the design I have found two issues that I need to address. I'm hoping I can get a car in here sooner than later, but I'll be traveling all of next week for my day job and have a customer car I'm trying to get wrapped up before then as well. Unfortunately I'm just a one man show, so things may take some time to materialize, but know that I'm working on it!

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, Josh from PRT here. Love what you've done with the car thus far Joszer, and thank you to those that reached out regarding the BBK brackets. I'm not about to hijack your thread, but wanted to pop in and share the design concept I put together this morning, and let you all know I'll be working on a functional prototype and fitment testing as soon as possible. Because the SVTF brackets are difficult to find I think a relocation bracket for your stock caliper and bracket to clear the larger rotor would be the best option. The initial concept is a zinc plated steel relocation bracket and spacers, while anodized 6061 with integrated spacers is an option, I think it will only add to the cost with little benefit elsewhere.

Feel free to send me a PM if there are any other parts you'd like to see produced.

While looking into finalizing the design I have found two issues that I need to address. I'm hoping I can get a car in here sooner than later, but I'll be traveling all of next week for my day job and have a customer car I'm trying to get wrapped up before then as well. Unfortunately I'm just a one man show, so things may take some time to materialize, but know that I'm working on it!
Wow this is an awesome option for rear brakes, anything similar for the front brakes because I would be very interested in larger front rotors as well.

I'm sure I can put something together. As I mentioned, it may take me a little time to get something sorted, but I see no reason why it can't be done. In addition to my caliper relocation to run 11.8" SVTF front discs on the back of the SVTC, I also made a full Cobra 13" front conversion as pictured below.

Again, very sorry for gumming up your thread Joszer, I'll get my own post sorted when I have more to share.

OP
J
Thread Starter #39
Wow thanks for being so Proactive Josh! If your kit can accommodate a larger rotor than the stock rear Focus SVT caliper I'd definitely be interested! Really looking forward to see progress with this kit!

Wow thanks for being so Proactive Josh! If your kit can accommodate a larger rotor than the stock rear Focus SVT caliper I'd definitely be interested! Really looking forward to see progress with this kit!
I've been looking to get into a new market for quite a while. As I'm sure you can imagine, building parts for a platform now 15 years deceased doesn't exactly cover my overhead for the shop I rent to play in. I tried dipping into the Focus market, but the number of people producing parts doesn't allow me to be very competitive, and it seems like I may be able to do some good around here. As for a kit larger than the 280mm SVTF rear, if I can find a rotor, I can make a bracket, it's not an overly complicated thing. What diameter are you running up front? At some point I'll start getting concerned over potential brake bias issues depending on that number.