Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are racing stripes on the Fiesta ST still in?

Are racing stripes on the Fiesta ST still in?

• Yes

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 159 66.5%

• Total voters

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is funny however that almost every day and every where I go.
People comment on how good my car looks.

I am also sure that there are others that don't come up to me to say it looks like crap.

Dave

As a design element, I don't think the FiST carries a stipe well. The shape of the Ford GT certainly shows a stripe that fits that car perfectly. To each his own...
You are correct. I found the Fiesta to be a very difficult car to do a paint stripe on. The shape is actually very complex. The proportions are off in a height to length respect, with the the most awkward area being the top of front wheel opening to edge of hood line. It makes the front end look stubby ,'cuz it is. The fiesta has alot of front overhang from the bumper assembly, which i made use of by painting two thin stripes down low and wrapping them to the lower grille opening to help give the car an illusion of length. In addition to the complex shape of the panels, the outside doorhandles and mirrors all interupt style lines in the body that would otherwise have allowed an unbroken line. I would not have striped it if it were not a requirement of a sponsor that feels that less is just simply less. My Fist will be devoid of stripes.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You will find that in the sixties on Mustangs,Shelby's and Cobras the strips were wider in the rear than they were in the front.
This does present the optical illusion that they are straight.
I do believe that all cars are set up thin way.

Dave

You will find that in the sixties on Mustangs,Shelby's and Cobras the strips were wider in the rear than they were in the front.
This does present the optical illusion that they are straight.
I do believe that all cars are set up thin way.

Dave
Almost all the early sixties racecars stripes were all after thoughts. The Original GT350 roof stripes were done by Shelbys engineer/designer Pete Brock to help distinguish the car from lesser Mustangs and give it a brand identity with the Cobras that were already wearing a reverse color version on the team cars. I do not think many modern cars have ever been initially styled in a studio with the intention of having huge stripes shooting across the top panels. Well, the second generation Ford GT was probably rolled out of the studio that way, But that's because Brock and Shelby did it to the originals. The Fiesta is a complex shape. I would not want to be tasked with creating several unique and tastefull stripe paterns for them! Look at the hideous way the showcars at SEMA were done. And the equally sloppy looking Monster energy "paint drip" hodgepodge coating of Ken Blocks car as prime examples of gross excess. Before i ordered the Fiesta, I had proposed a 2010 Mustang V6 (performance pkg) Grabber Blue with red and white accents (it looked like a mustang in a Bazooka bubblegum wrapper!) The marketing people loved it but it was rejected because it did not feature an image of Bazooka Joe anywhere! My argument was that the Mustang was Iconic AND Bazooka bubblegum was also iconic, and that i was aiming at a more adult audience. So. There is all kinds of opinion and emotions that go into the design of a good commercial image builder stripe or paint job. the good ones become famous , the bad ones get sanded down.

The FiST is happiest bending and ripping around curves. I live in central Pennsylvania with lots of very fun twisty and hilly back roads. Often I just like to chill and take in the view around me. But, picture this common scenario.... I'm chillin' on a twisty road when all the sudden someone flies up and tailgates me... I'm sure some of them think or say, "Look at this douche in his "Fiesta" with "racing stripes." As they tail me harder, I hammer it. They try to keep up at first. It doesn't last long. I eventually see them at the next stop sign when of course now they tail gate me again!. Rinse and Repeat. It happens often even early in the morning because the road I take leads to our airport where people are often in a hurry. Point is, I earn my stripes so to speak.

Honestly, I didn't choose the stripes, it was on the car when I bought them, like it or leave it. It's not permanently painted on, and at 41 years old, I eventually will remove them, sooner than later.

The black on the blue actually looks pretty sharp. I don't know that i'd ever go out of my way to do them myself, but if I saw a combo that I liked already on a car I wanted it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Pete

I like my stripes the top one is subtle (if your can even say that about stripes) as it leads into my black spoiler. The two lower ones are great in how they taper off to complement the cars body lines :)

My new FiST is Performance Blue with the black "Over the Top" stripes, and I think it looks great. Black on dark blue is still somewhat subtle. I have to agree that the same stripes on Green Envy look a bit too "Boy Racer".

FYI, I ended up taking the stripes off of my car. It took me about 5 minutes and there was almost no residue. All I did was leave it in the Sun on a 80 degree day and it came off with no issue whatsoever. I did a slight rub with goo gone as necessary and washed the car and it looks like they were never stripes on it before. I left the stripes on the front bumper because it covers up the holes where the license plate would typically go. And they're black so it doesn't look all that bad. Once I get euro plates, I will take those stickers off

I just added front hashes to my car this afternoon, very pleased with the result.

Post some pics, would be cool for others to see!
Sorry for the bad exposure, just grabbed the camera for a few quick snaps. :D

I had hashes on the wing as well for a brief moment, but decided against them as they were, I might try them again soon.

I can't totally decide if I like them or not...

J2FoRS

I think it's a color thing for me. I've had them on my Mustangs and I put them on an old ranger for fun one weekend back in the day over some drinks with buddies. I honestly like them on the FiST. They look sharp and sporty. I don't like them on the red or MO. But those blue cars people looks awesome. And the green envy is...well the color itself already screams look at me and is the most extreme of our colors, I think the stripes look sweet, but maybe in a grey or white instead of such bit black fat ones. Tbh the local Ford here has a Fiesta Titanium in green envy with black stripes I've been nagging at the fiance to get :p