Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are racing stripes on the Fiesta ST still in?

Are racing stripes on the Fiesta ST still in?

• Yes

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 159 66.5%

• Total voters

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Doing my usual search for parts and found this picture. What do you guys think? are racing stripes still in?

Perry

Stripes can look great and can also be a big mistake. In the pic, I agree that the side stripe is a bit too much, though I like the over-the-top stripe. But a poor color combo and/or poor proportions of the graphics can make the whole thing go pear-shaped in a hurry.

I really like the look of the stripe minus the side stripe, but it draws more attention than I would want. I prefer the sleeper, don't notice me until I pass you look![deviltail]

I agree with c love, personally. There are very few cars that , in my opinion, look good with a stripe. To me, it makes the FiST look like it's trying too hard. [raceflag]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Some cars carry a stripe or graphic better than others . Like the Old school look of a two stripe over the hood Camaro or a Bird on the hood of a T/A and the R/T stripe down the door on a CHallenger or the Scat Pack Tail stripe of a Dodge. But for a with a hot hatch Less Is More. I show up at a AutoX event and everyone it drooling on the Vettes or GTR and my little Ford Is looked at and found to be that "Cute little car over there" Till results are posted .. I love beating heave muscle cars with my little hot hatch grocery getter either PAX or straight up times .. But thats just me If others like it and it is done well I applaud the effort and enjoy the diversity...

As a design element, I don't think the FiST carries a stipe well. The shape of the Ford GT certainly shows a stripe that fits that car perfectly. To each his own...

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
How about just two Grand Sport hashes instead?

(ONLY ONE FENDER not both)

Harvick

1000 Post Club
OMG not only does those bacon stripes look god awful, I would be afraid to put those on out of fear of getting pulled over for a hit and run haha.

I wonder how many dogs would chase you down the street with giant bacon strips on the side of your car..

Perry

I wonder how many dogs would chase you down the street with giant bacon strips on the side of your car..
I sense the possibility of a whole new sport--combining two of my loves--dogs and cars!