Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Mileage Numbers

rexdriver85

I now have 153,000 on the car
Oil is changed every two weeks I use all synthetic except for the very first oil change because on a new engine you have to clean out the filings

The highway and city mix is about even because of my job I do accident photography normally I drive about 6000 or so a month feb was a 6500 mile month. I'm tired :)

All mods as you can see below have been suspension and brakes. Having done this many times most people go for engine mods without consideration of how the car handles and brakes with more power so I do those first and make sure I'm comfortable with the mods before going after the power.

I am now considering the Cobb stuff and would ultimately like to add the dead hook turbo and headers to get me to 300 but we will see.

I have learned a lot like other people on here from previous projects in the 8 cylinder world and wil be applying those concepts here. We will see over time.
Sorry if I missed this, has the timing belt been done yet? Astounding amount of miles already. Props to you sir. [emoji106]

That's a heck of a lot of driving. Thanks for the info. I originally got my car to build as a show car. That's what it is now, but I'm contemplating when it's all over, making it a daily and the commute is long. Nowhere near as much driving as you, but quite a bit more than I do right now.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #25
Would love to hear more about where this car stands at the moment.
After the move to Washington state back in July, the car had 174,440. We got our first snow in November, so I quit driving the car I just put it in the garage. As I am working on a stereo install I had decided to go ahead and replace the factory battery with an XS Power Battery. So back in March I finally go the batter installed. It was such a pain in the A$$ because The battery doesn't come with post mounted on the battery. You pick the post you want. So the top post they have is really tall, and the crap that Ford puts on that battery cable made it very difficult as it would not come up far enough to mount on the post. So I bought a distribution block for the positive side of the battery, installed that, then made a bracket out of plate steel to connect from the distribution block to the ford piece. I had taken little around the block excursions after I installed the battery, but Saturday I drove it around town, and today 4/17/2017 was the first day I drove it back to work.

So it basically has been in the garage from Nov through yesterday. But to answer your questions, Car is still on factory clutch. I did get on it pretty hard Saturday and caught a couple of wheels during shifting, so I can say the clutch is still holding strong. The car is in need of a retune due to the elevation here. I was going to spend the $1500 to replace the turbo but I have put that on hold because I am not sure the money spent justifies the results. $1500 for 60-70 hp doesn't seem like a good deal, but I may change my mind later. I did do the 100,000 mile tune up thing where I changed the coolant out, changed the gear box fluid and replaced the plugs. Things that I want to have accomplished in the next 2-3 months, I want the oil pan gasket replaced, coolant hoses replaced, and I want a new exhaust that is much quieter than what I have. I miss my factory exhaust and the normal stuff like replacing the coolant again, gear box fluid and plugs.

If I had based my opinion on Ford based on my 2012 Focus, I would say I am driving around in a Ford Prototype. I have never had a car perform so well service wise. EVER. The Focus was another story. The cat was gone at 79,000, and by 90,000 Ford had replaced the transmission 4 times. That one had the dual cutch setup. WHAT A PIECE OF S^&*. However, when it was not broken, I loved driving it for what it was.

Thanks for the feedback. That was a really interesting update. These little cars are definitely built well. I?m looking at mine and trying to decide what to do. I?m considering replacing my truck with a new truck? and if I do, I?d have to sell the Fiesta. Still, it?s cheaper to run just the one new truck than the Fiesta + old truck. That said, I kinda wish I?d keep it longer. We?ll see. It?s not the best car for my current living situation except for the fuel economy. A truck would be best. But otherwise, this car is so fun and super practical barring an actual truck to haul things around.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
No on the timing belt. At 100,000 I did the tranny fluid, plugs, and plug wires. The belt still looks ok.
At 10.1/1 compression it's a pretty safe assumption that this is interference.

I just checked the manual and the timing belt maintenance interval is 150,000k.

Other maintenance
Every 20000 miles
Replace cabin air filter.

Every 30000 miles
Replace engine air filter.

At 100000 miles
Change engine coolant.2

Every 100000 miles
Replace spark plugs.
Inspect accessory drive belt(s).3

Every 150000 miles
Change transmission fluid.
Replace accessory drive belt(s).4
Replace timing belt (1.0L, 1.6L engine).
Replace oil pump drive belt (1.0L engine).

Fiesta (CCT) Canada/United States of America, enUSA, First Printing
1 Additional maintenance items can be performed within 3000 miles (4800 kilometers)
of the last engine oil and filter change. Do not exceed the designated distance for the
interval.
2 Initial replacement at six years or 100000 miles (160000 kilometers), then every three
years or 50000 miles (80000 kilometers).
3 After initial inspection, inspect every other oil change until replaced.
4 If not replaced within the last 100000 miles (160000 kilometers).

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the feedback. That was a really interesting update. These little cars are definitely built well. I�m looking at mine and trying to decide what to do. I�m considering replacing my truck with a new truck� and if I do, I�d have to sell the Fiesta. Still, it�s cheaper to run just the one new truck than the Fiesta + old truck. That said, I kinda wish I�d keep it longer. We�ll see. It�s not the best car for my current living situation except for the fuel economy. A truck would be best. But otherwise, this car is so fun and super practical barring an actual truck to haul things around.
It's probably to late now, but what about a newer used truck rather than a new truck?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk