Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Mileage Numbers

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very nice, I just passed 42k.

I have crossed the 145,000 mile mark on my 2014 Fiesta ST. I am still riding on the same factory clutch....Knock Knock Knock, and have had no repairs.
That is awesome because it is beyond belief! You either have the daily commute from hell or you put the car on a treadmill every night! Very happy to hear your reliability experience. I have a 98 F150 with 232K and original clutch so I can relate. My FIST has just over 4K so I'm looking forward to many more.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good to hear some positive feedback about these cars' reliability. Thx

Chris G

I feel like my commute royally sucks and I'm only rolling up on 20k miles in about 18 months of driving.

[giggle]

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
71000KM on her now. and i use it to tow my ATV. still have orig. brake pads and tires

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[ohcrap] What?! That's even harder to believe than 145,000 repair free miles.
Although i do have a rear brake caliper that is siezed in place, even after i brought it to ford to get it fixed. they resurfaced the rotor and gave it bake saying "the caliper works fine" not 2 days later the caliper was rusted to death again. this was in the fall. i now drive with 3 brakes, until i get around to fixing it myself in the spring as i have no place to work on it in the winter. thank god for my useless warranty.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #12
I do accident photography for insurance companies. I drive about 6000 miles per month covering an area of about 100 miles round.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #13
So let me give you a little insight into what happened with mine causing me to swap them out for the Wilwoods. I ran out of pad at 17,000 miles or so. This is when I first bought the car. And when I went to get pads, nobody had any. No Dealers, no Aftermarket nothing. The other problem I had was the fronts were both wearing to the inside about 75% to 1 versus the outside. It is not suppose to do that. I found a set on Amazon out of California. That bought me another 20,000 miles. Still my local dealer did not have pads and they were backordered from Ford. So I decided to go aftermarket. I ran this up the food chain pretty high at Ford, and although they listened to what I had to say, nothing ever came of it. The other problem was Ford was releasing data to the aftermarket database company that supplies companies like ORileys Advance Auto Autozone and the like with incorrect information about what pad would fit. All of these places had the ST listed but had it matched with standard Fiesta pads, which is not correct.

I have crossed the 145,000 mile mark on my 2014 Fiesta ST. I am still riding on the same factory clutch....Knock Knock Knock, and have had no repairs.
Do you have any mods? Use an OCC? What's the type of oil and interval used? What's the highway/city mix?

Just curious about this if you have time to share.

I have something around 6.5k miles in about 5 months. My friend bought a new car back on January 1st and he just crossed the 1k mark in about a month and a half, but it already had 100 miles on it when he bought it so he really only put 900 miles on it. My 13 year old car only had 141K on it when I sold it. :p

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #19
Mods

Any drivetrain mods? Tune?
I'm actually now at 153,000
I did the dead hook 6 point cradle mod
2jracing cool overs and Wilwood setup
And I replaced the factory headlights with and hid setup
That's it

I am now contemplating the Cobb stuff

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #20
Do you have any mods? Use an OCC? What's the type of oil and interval used? What's the highway/city mix?

Just curious about this if you have time to share.
I now have 153,000 on the car
Oil is changed every two weeks I use all synthetic except for the very first oil change because on a new engine you have to clean out the filings

The highway and city mix is about even because of my job I do accident photography normally I drive about 6000 or so a month feb was a 6500 mile month. I'm tired :)

All mods as you can see below have been suspension and brakes. Having done this many times most people go for engine mods without consideration of how the car handles and brakes with more power so I do those first and make sure I'm comfortable with the mods before going after the power.

I am now considering the Cobb stuff and would ultimately like to add the dead hook turbo and headers to get me to 300 but we will see.

I have learned a lot like other people on here from previous projects in the 8 cylinder world and wil be applying those concepts here. We will see over time.