Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exterior appearance: Sleeper vs. Rally look

The manufacturer went to the extent of putting the car thru a car wash to be sure it doesn't fall off (or leak?). They also said it helps keep the rear window cleaner. I doubt any wind tests have been made, not for the price of the product. So to that extent I guess it is a Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

There is a school of thought that shows a disdain for anything that does not benefit the performance of a car, for example fake scoops, vents, portholes, and large spoilers - e.g. David Patterson of "thatdudeinblue" and Alex Kersten of "CarThrottle." But that's just what they think.

The heat extractors on my Mustang are functional. However, I just couldn't help it on the wing risers though. They're so attractive.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I actually considered them but would of added a rear lip, filled in the top of the spoiler all the way to the hatch lid to seal the gap and around the sides to make it more functional. It would of taken more effort than I wanted to put into it so I decided not to.

I do not want a wing or anything to obvious on my car on the street, just my way of doing things, relatively low key to attract less attention so I bought a none ST spoiler to play around with, either mount a real wing on top, the APR GT200 Spec 48" wing, and make a fairly easy way to take it on and off so just use it on track or perhaps a meetup for fun but I seldom go to things like that. Then I started looking at the stock spoiler again and think with a bit of internal bracing, filling, mount stiffening...I could do the GT200 on it instead, top mounted, take it off, cannot tell when on the street unless looking at the top of the spoiler directly.

------------------------

I grew up in an era where I had to scrape and scrap for every bit of performance I could get because tires were crap and power was crazy expensive if you wanted a little car and not a muscle car so taking weight off, cleaning up air flow, etc...is pretty set in my blood which is pretty hard to change, especially so when you know it is true to real performance.

Add that to the fact, to me at least, this is the coolest little car to come along in a very long time:)

Waterfan

+1 for sleeper

But if the appearance changes as a side effect of performance enhancements, I'm still "down"

Your car, do what you like and don't apologize or justify it.

tojo

I am a joker and had to throw some stickers on it too. I have seen others having "Blow me" so I am not first. Just added the other one in front.

My car is molten orange w/ stripes & I want my car to be loud & gnarly :)

My other car is the sleeper.. hehe

I would like to think I have a sleepwalker. Molten orange is not exactly the sleeper color.
I will keep it looking factory on the outside all the while adding performance under the hood.

I have been considering a black stripe but not the factory version.

The fact that people see "Fiesta" on the back kinda makes me a sleeper by default.

I would consider my car a sleeper from a cosmetic standpoint. The only cosmetic mod I will be making will be mudflaps, but really they are more for function than appearance. I simply can't stand the sound of the small pebbles from my tared and stoned road going *tink* *tink* *tink* against my car everyday. However, being catless with an injen exhaust, open wastegate dump and BOV may give me away. haha

jayrod1980

I wish the boomba risers looked better on white cars. The body panel line on white is sharp and harsh. I just feel it ruins the look that is so nice and less pronounced on other colors like black or molten orange. If the body lines in the gap were more soft or had a rolled look rather than a harsh crease it would look better. I've been debating doing the extension and risers but it just looks too unfinished. If only the mountune extensions were a lip instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The spacers upset the rear factory aerodynamics as the car has a wind tunnel designed spoiler, it is not a wing and not engineered to be up in the air like it is. The manufacturer makes some great performance parts and dress up parts that are cool but this particular part lowers performance.

I am all for modding for performance on a performance car and for making a personal statement with it but do not see the logic of putting on a part that takes away performance on such a wonderful car as the ST is.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
??

FWD rally cars have been raced for decades and can be very fast.

Fiesta is winning rallies all over at different levels of preparation.

I would say it is one of the prime cars that can sport the rally look just fine, even better if actually setup and used for it, at least rallycross:)

I have not gone rally style since I stopped rallying back in the late 70s's in 510 Datsuns, which I drove on the street as well, 10 years of great fun, I like the FiST even better, it is far faster overall than any 510 race car from that era.

Looks like this thread has died a while ago. Hopefully someone can weigh in! I have a black ST and have always been partial to sleepers. Does anyone know if the standard fiesta SE bumper will fit on an ST? The only issue I imagine encountering is around the fmic. I want to throw on the SE rear valance, tuck the exhaust, SE spoiler and side skirts. I debaged the ST. I would love for this thing to look like grandmas bingo commuter lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looks like this thread has died a while ago. Hopefully someone can weigh in! I have a black ST and have always been partial to sleepers. Does anyone know if the standard fiesta SE bumper will fit on an ST? The only issue I imagine encountering is around the fmic. I want to throw on the SE rear valance, tuck the exhaust, SE spoiler and side skirts. I debaged the ST. I would love for this thing to look like grandmas bingo commuter lol.
That's an idea (IF all of that fits), but, any decent (size and style) wheel with performance tires would 'give it away'. [:(]

Agreed, I would go with a plain Jane 15x8 wheel combo with some meaty tires. It will look oddly out of place but to the untrained eye, just another wanna be sports car. I know that everything will fit excluding the front bumper, not sure if it will clear the fmic. Do you know if the titanium grill insert can fit in place of the honeycomb? It looks similarly shaped....