Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exterior appearance: Sleeper vs. Rally look

So I've had the car just over 2 months now and I'm starting to mod and getting ideas of what I want to do with my FiST. Part of me wants to keep it looking as stock as possible to keep it a sleeper so I don't have people wanting to "race" me every stoplight and to avoid any extra attention from cops. The other side of me (my inner child) wants to be a complete Hoonigan and do the full rally look with mudflaps, wing risers, decals, etc. As a reference, I'm 30 and will be looking to start a family in the next few years. What's everyone else's approach to personalizing their car? Help me decide!

I like sleepers but I like performance too. I intend to eventually get a set of WRC style hood vents to increase cooling and maybe put them in a carbon fiber hood but I'll wrap it to match the color.

Beyond that, I'm thinking of installing my Octane Academy ST badges, opening up my front grill and adding a splitter (for aerodynamics).

No graphics but I might add some black vinyl wrap for accent.

Ford makes some molded mud flaps for the standard Fiesta, if they ever make a set for the ST, I might try them but not the flat plastic ones, they just don't look OEM at all.

I just turned 50. Molten Orange with stripes... check. Rally Armor flaps... check. 16" A/S tires and wheels on the way... check check. MBRP exhaust and Boomba bypass valve making happy noises... oh my!

So yeah, full rally, stealth is for airplanes.

OP
Deli
Thread Starter #4
What's your thoughts on rear window decals? Kind of want to throw on the cobb/boomba/etc decals as well as a few fun ones like "save the manuals" or a sonic one since I think my car looks (and acts) like sonic the hedgehog. I love the look of the all out Ken Block rally car with crazy decals everywhere, but also realize this is a daily driver and I'm not Ken Block.

I just turned 50. Molten Orange with stripes... check. Rally Armor flaps... check. 16" A/S tires and wheels on the way... check check. MBRP exhaust and Boomba bypass valve making happy noises... oh my!

as an aviation nut. you know stealth doesnt actually work right?

any radar installation with technology from pre 1970 see's stealth planes all day. so naturally, all our enemies downgraded.

stealth planes are the biggest farce in aviation.

(sorry, i just had to. one of those things that makes me nuts)

What's your thoughts on rear window decals? Kind of want to throw on the cobb/boomba/etc decals as well as a few fun ones like "save the manuals" or a sonic one since I think my car looks (and acts) like sonic the hedgehog. I love the look of the all out Ken Block rally car with crazy decals everywhere, but also realize this is a daily driver and I'm not Ken Block.
All mine are underhood, just for display at carshows and such. I do plan to put a couple low key Ecobeast stickers on her though.

My Fiesta flies low.

Wrongwheeldrive, sleepin' since '14.

This car? It's a sleeper. I get away with more shenanigans driving a white hatchback as opposed to a flashy car. They are a dime a dozen after all...

Whenever I see one of these FiSTs all tricked out with exterior "mods" I cringe a bit. Its trying too hard in my eyes.

Different strokes for different folks...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Modding the car because you like the way it will look?

Modding a car to get looked at?

Modding a car to make it better but less noticed so you can have more fun driving it and getting away with it?

I like the 3rd option the best.
-------

Note: no such thing as wing risers for this car as it does not have a wing, it has a spoiler and is more functional when left in the stock location;)

Zormecteon

62 yrs old.. about to retire. Ingot Silver so as NOT to draw attention. I want to blend in with traffic, not give the constabulary a target to track. Mountune springs lowered but not slammed. I put all my "stickers" on magnetic bumper sticker material so that they can be moved or REmoved. Octane Academy emblems mounted, (who knows except for affionados?) Body colored wheels for a monochrome look. It's nice and discreet.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Best color in my book:)

My car stands out more than I prefer but it was done for performance not looks so I have to be more careful who might see me having a bit of fun.

GAbOS

I tend to ride the fence on this one, but tastefully.

My dailies have been white and will stay that way. ;)

I got massive attention in the last car; A Wicked White Mitsu Ralliart. External upgrades included uniform tint, Rally Armour hard flaps(smaller and, well, harder than urethane) and EvoX Enkies plati-dipped. It got frustrating the amount of attention this daily got. I even had a driver through server ask me to rev my car to hear the turbo because he didn't believe. He still didn't when I did because he didn't hear the woosh.

[?|]

The Fiesta has been better by about 65% where I live. Had a huge Bro-Dozer try to race up the on ramp the other morning.

The biggest issue with this car is that all the wrong people will spot it a mile away.

Zissou

I do them. Each one adds about 5 hp right? Got a Deadhook, Cobb, and Injen decal. I don't put on huge decals, only small ones.

OP
Deli
Thread Starter #16
Alright, I think you guys convinced me and I'll go full on sleeper with maybe a couple of small decals to "make it my own". Thanks for the responses.

So I've had the car just over 2 months now and I'm starting to mod and getting ideas of what I want to do with my FiST. Part of me wants to keep it looking as stock as possible to keep it a sleeper so I don't have people wanting to "race" me every stoplight and to avoid any extra attention from cops. The other side of me (my inner child) wants to be a complete Hoonigan and do the full rally look with mudflaps, wing risers, decals, etc. As a reference, I'm 30 and will be looking to start a family in the next few years. What's everyone else's approach to personalizing their car? Help me decide!
Do what you want, its your car. I'm 29 and looking to start a family too (why I bought a fiesta, 4 doors and a hatch). I'm lowered, loud ass exhaust and intake, BOV, and have stickers....idgf what other people think. I work for my money and can spend it how I want lol. What some people don't understand is you can have a car that stands out and still be fast....I've surprised a few people around where I live.

Rock on!

I also have the rally name decals on the side windows, I'm still kind of on the fence about them, but they'll stay for now. I gotta get some pictures.

Zormecteon

Love seeing the STOA logos on the car. .. .. I don't want the stickers all over because I don't want the constabulary (if i get pulled over) to think I'm a hoonigan and automatically give me the ticket. .. but to each is own.

I'm not exactly subtle. Molten orange paint, Underglow, Boomba BOV Adaptor, Enkei EV5 Wheels, and Cobb Exhaust.

I've done my share of silly visual and noise mods for a while, so I'm focusing purely on performance for 2016. I wanted to focus on performance for 2015, but stuff got in the way. This year I'll focus on the performance to back up the other stuff I've done.