Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Delivery now scheduled for 6 months after purchase, normal?

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #21
if you got the Recaro package its heated seats and mirror in that package.
Yeah I am waiting like a kid lol
Have my eye on the CP-E intake, but not out for the 2016 yet.
But dont worry, tons of other things for the car I can spend money on lol
lol, good to hear, i will be joining your crusade to empty wallets soon enough[twothumb]
i could have sworn i read that you lose the heated seats with the Recaro's but i'm glad i was wrong on that!
I was eyeing a titanium turbo pipe kit thats all heat blued... but it was for 2015..ill hafta look around harder now
was thinking of making my own intake box and piping out of stainless, I'm into the metal fabrication thing, not sure if i will yet tho.

I can't wait either, kinda gitty, but am also a little happy as the snow etc should be gone by end of April when the car should come.

lol, good to hear, i will be joining your crusade to empty wallets soon enough[twothumb]
i could have sworn i read that you lose the heated seats with the Recaro's but i'm glad i was wrong on that!
I was eyeing a titanium turbo pipe kit thats all heat blued... but it was for 2015..ill hafta look around harder now
was thinking of making my own intake box and piping out of stainless, I'm into the metal fabrication thing, not sure if i will yet tho.

I can't wait either, kinda gitty, but am also a little happy as the snow etc should be gone by end of April when the car should come.
yeah money fly fast on my car lol
weathertech mats for the hole car (Front, back and cargo).
Custom Shift boot and armrest cover from redlinegoods (came in the mail today)
Custom shift knob from WC Lathe Werks (tracking say it coming Saturday)
Have a appointment Saturday to tint the windows!
Some stickers from tfbdesigns

Yup still a lot to spend money on.

DaveG99

I couldn't wait that long. You could find one and go get it. Why have it built?

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #24
I couldn't wait that long. You could find one and go get it. Why have it built?
Neither the dealership nor myself could find one with the config i wanted plus, with the incentives around x mass time, it ended up cheaper for a 2016 than the 2015 would have been.

Not gunna lie tho, the wait is killing me!

You gain heated seats and mirrors with the Recaro package. The standard seats don't come with either. It's the buttons down by the traction control and ambient lighting buttons.

Mine took about 3.5 months and that was actually faster than I was expecting. 4 months or so is pretty normal. At one point the 2015 orders were getting up to 21 weeks. I came in knowing it wasn't going to be just 6 weeks. I also didn't try and sell my old car before I got my new car...

I had no problem waiting for the exact car I wanted. Nothing on the dealer lots had my preferred config and I wanted the 2016 anyway (I ordered in June 2015 before the 2016s started getting built). I had already been waiting since the Fiesta ST came out in 2013. I test drove the first one that showed up at my local dealer the next business day after it arrived. Then I had to wait and save money during and after college for my down payment. So 3.5 months is nothing compared to the 2 years I waited to get my ST.

I was absolutely willing to wait for the combo I wanted. In this modern world though, 4 months is a crazy wait - and the bigger problem is that a car of almost any config certainly exists in the national Ford inventory. It would be really great if they were more willing to send cars farther. I would have paid a few hundred to have one in the right config shipped to me. No one wanted to do it though. [mecry]

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #27
You gain heated seats and mirrors with the Recaro package. The standard seats don't come with either. It's the buttons down by the traction control and ambient lighting buttons.

Mine took about 3.5 months and that was actually faster than I was expecting. 4 months or so is pretty normal. At one point the 2015 orders were getting up to 21 weeks. I came in knowing it wasn't going to be just 6 weeks. I also didn't try and sell my old car before I got my new car...

I had no problem waiting for the exact car I wanted. Nothing on the dealer lots had my preferred config and I wanted the 2016 anyway (I ordered in June 2015 before the 2016s started getting built). I had already been waiting since the Fiesta ST came out in 2013. I test drove the first one that showed up at my local dealer the next business day after it arrived. Then I had to wait and save money during and after college for my down payment. So 3.5 months is nothing compared to the 2 years I waited to get my ST.
again, i am glad i was wrong on the heated seats info...will be nice to have em...

I only sold my current car because the dealership was still telling me the fiesta would arrive on the feb 14th date up until a week before the delivery date, by then i had already arranged to sell my current car and didn't feel right shafting the person who agreed to buy it because ford shafted me.

As much as i am upset that the car is taking some time to arrive.... just reading all the positive comments lets me know it will all be worth it in the end.

How do you handle trading a car in if you order a car? Does the dealer take the car at the time you sign the paperwork or do you give it to them when the car you ordered shows up at the dealership?

You only have to put a deposit down (normally $500), they'll give you a quote on your trade, but will re-appraise when you actually purchase your new car and trade it in. At least, that's how it went for me. I ordered on 2/1/2016, I got my VIN but no build date yet.

You only have to put a deposit down (normally $500), they'll give you a quote on your trade, but will re-appraise when you actually purchase your new car and trade it in. At least, that's how it went for me. I ordered on 2/1/2016, I got my VIN but no build date yet.
Thanks for the reply.

Makes sense.. Would make me a little nervous though if something were to happen to cause them to offer significantly less on my car (daily driver)..

They aren't going to take your old car as a trade until you pick up the new car. I had to put $1k deposit towards my order (which was part of my down payment) and I did the financing paperwork for the VIN of a car that was probably $1k more than what my car was since my car didn't have a VIN at that point and I wanted to see if it was even a feasible option since it was my first new car purchase. They didn't make me redo that financing paperwork when I picked up the car, so all I really had to do when I picked up the car was sign a few more papers and hand over the rest of the down payment. I didn't trade in my car, but if I would have that would have been when they appraised it and taken it.