Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Delivery now scheduled for 6 months after purchase, normal?

I ordered a 2016 fiesta st (platinum white, no sunroof, grey recaro's) on Dec 19th 2015. I was told i would have the VIN in 2 weeks and the car aprox 6 - 8 weeks delivered. The salesman also mentioned that was a little longer than normal because its xmas and new years etc...which i could understand.

Its now February 13th 2016 and i had been emailing the salesman for some time with no response, so i emailed the general sales manager from his dealership, when my salesman did respond i was told the car is now expected the last week of April... :(

And he told me he would have the VIN soon.

My question to those who have ordered one also, is this similar to your experience? is this normal? if not is it ass of me to be thinking i should get some restitution of some sort?

I dunno, this is the first brand new car i have ever bought and i always stayed away from dealerships because i was afraid of the horror stories... someone tell me it will all be ok..lol

EDIT: i just searched the posts a bit and see that 3 months is average so this is not so normal, so what about the restitution question? should i be compensated in some way for the difference? i had arranged to sell my current car next week so its either be out the sale and go through the hassle all over again closer to April or I am out of a car now till April. let me know your thoughts on it....

took 19 weeks to get mine! And guessing that can be many others story too. Never know why it took as long.

My thoughts would never take a salesman at his word, and to never trust any car. I pan ie "ford" you will get your car for sure but it will almost certainly take longer then they say, dealerships= true asshole scum.

KKaWing

Mine took 4ish months? I ordered beginning of Dec. year before and got it early April... or was it May last year. You should receive a VIN within a month then you can contact [MENTION=1539]FordServiceCA[/MENTION] and have them track your order for you. 6-8 week qoutes are the average for USA factories. You're ordering from a Mexican plant. Add in holidays you might reach 6 months. You should expect 4-5 months though.

Didn't order but local dealership has one arriving with exactly what I want (white +Recaros and sunroof, nav) next Saturday and that's about 2 months from talking to them the first time. Probably a coincidence though.

Tough luck for you though.

I wanted to order one though because that would've given me a window to find out what's gonna happen with the emissions cheating TDI I'm trying to unload.

Get either this dealer or even better, another dealership to find one in stock that has your options. Maybe compromise on the colour or options. I'm glad I didn't order and found one just next door, well 500 km away in Alberta. I didn't want a sunroof or navigation. It makes a great break in road trip to bring it home. Either call around or search online yourself. The dealerships have a better search function though.

The document you sign when placing an order says it can take 8-16 weeks before it arrives at the dealership. I ordered mine November 12 and picked it up yesterday. Good luck!

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #10
thanks for the replies....looks like it is what it is, has anyone ever gotten any free stuff out of it? like winters...or mats or something?

thanks for the replies....looks like it is what it is, has anyone ever gotten any free stuff out of it? like winters...or mats or something?
I did get some stuff! gave me free premium service for the next 3 year or 9 times. Oil, filter, wipers etc etc etc. And gave me a nice fleace jacket. But I waited 19 week for my ST.
Dealer did a awesome job and know it was not his fault.
So Ford did take good care of me.

I ordered my 2016 Kona Blue on Oct26th 2015 and took delivery on December 18th 2015. Took longer than I was quoted by the salesman, but quicker than I was told by others on the forums. I ordered mine with black wheels and Recaro's.

SPhilli911

My car took about 4 months from order to delivery, it was a long wait, but I knew the wait was going to be about that long before I ordered it by what I read on this forum. The dealer told me it would take 6-8 weeks, but I didn't feel like the dealer owed me something for giving me the wrong time frame.

To be fair, my ST was the first the dealer had ever custom ordered, I gave them the benefit of the doubt they didn't really know how long it would take.

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #14
Thanks to all who posted, it helps to see I'm not alone, kinda. lol

I just received the VIN today, and the delivery date is set at April 25th, was supposed to be Feb 14th , not that bad i guess, at least i have some info now and can at least track it.

I asked if the Dealership or ford themselves have any plan in place to offset my expenses due to the change in delivery time (they only told me it was delayed a week before the original delivery date, so i had to make good on the sale of my current vehicle to guarantee the sale of it)

the dealership has a Ford performance shop so I'm hoping they can throw in some upgrades of some kind.... probably not but hey, worth a try.

Thanks to all who posted, it helps to see I'm not alone, kinda. lol

I just received the VIN today, and the delivery date is set at April 25th, was supposed to be Feb 14th , not that bad i guess, at least i have some info now and can at least track it.

I asked if the Dealership or ford themselves have any plan in place to offset my expenses due to the change in delivery time (they only told me it was delayed a week before the original delivery date, so i had to make good on the sale of my current vehicle to guarantee the sale of it)

the dealership has a Ford performance shop so I'm hoping they can throw in some upgrades of some kind.... probably not but hey, worth a try.
Hope they get/give you a little some thing! Its worth waiting for, I am loving the car.
And for now I can mostly do few upgrades most for looks. As there is not a ton of upgrades for the 2016 yet.

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #16
Hope they get/give you a little some thing! Its worth waiting for, I am loving the car.
And for now I can mostly do few upgrades most for looks. As there is not a ton of upgrades for the 2016 yet.

Thanks! I hope so too,

In regards to the mods... I would have thought that the 2015 mods will work on the 2016? most sites just haven't updated their info I bet..
from what I have read on sites and the forums there were no changes to the drivetrain, suspension, body etc.
Just additions to standard equipment, changes in body colours and the black wheel/red calliper option.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong tho...

I also have had quite a wait. I ordered my 2016 MO on November 15th 2015, had a VIN within two weeks and a delivery date of March 3, 2016. LONG wait. Like others, I knew that was possibility going into it, so it wasn't a shocker, but disappointing nonetheless. It does look like I might get it Feb 29th, a few days early, so hopefully that will happen cause I'm ready to be driving it already!!!

Four months of waiting also means my box of ready-to-do mods is already sitting in the corner at home :)

Thanks! I hope so too,

In regards to the mods... I would have thought that the 2015 mods will work on the 2016? most sites just haven't updated their info I bet..
from what I have read on sites and the forums there were no changes to the drivetrain, suspension, body etc.
Just additions to standard equipment, changes in body colours and the black wheel/red calliper option.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong tho...
there are some changes!
Intake is not the same 2016 is different.
Tuning program is not the same(only cobb have it for the 2016 so far I have seen)
Heated seats now cycle on and off(mine do so) As I have seen others was annoyed it got so warm they manually had to turn it on and off.
And I am sure some other changes too.
So I know to make sure any thing I do fit and say 2016 on it.

OP
MetalMyke
Thread Starter #19
there are some changes!
Intake is not the same 2016 is different.
Tuning program is not the same(only cobb have it for the 2016 so far I have seen)
Heated seats now cycle on and off(mine do so) As I have seen others was annoyed it got so warm they manually had to turn it on and off.
And I am sure some other changes too.
So I know to make sure any thing I do fit and say 2016 on it.
[8] wow, thanks for that info tojo!

that kinda bums me out a bit as i had my eye on many mods using the 2015 as a model year... no heated seats on my Recaro's i think [bawling]
i will have to do better research before i ask the dealership for specific items as compensation....assuming they even do anything

[8] wow, thanks for that info tojo!

that kinda bums me out a bit as i had my eye on many mods using the 2015 as a model year... no heated seats on my Recaro's i think [bawling]
i will have to do better research before i ask the dealership for specific items as compensation....assuming they even do anything
if you got the Recaro package its heated seats and mirror in that package.
Yeah I am waiting like a kid lol
Have my eye on the CP-E intake, but not out for the 2016 yet.
But dont worry, tons of other things for the car I can spend money on lol