Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Matt's Oxford White 2014 FiST Build Thread

Hey guys, I finally got my FiST this weekend. It's an Oxford White 2014 model with 16k miles, with the only option being Recaros.

I have an S2000 that will be more track-oriented, so my goal is to just have fun with this on the street. Eventually it may get some sticky tires and see some track duty, but for now, it's my cheap-to-own, fun-to-mod car that I can use to take my dogs to parks and whatnot. I plan to do some basic bolt ons and keep it super clean. I have another car I use for work, so this will be sitting in the garage next to the S2000 most of the time.

Anyways, I took Friday off from work, flew from FL to NY, and took an Uber over to Westwood NJ to pick it up. I've never driven in snow before, so it was an interesting experience. Especially considering the front tires are shot, and they're the factory Bridgestone summer tires.

A little salty...

Made it to my friend's house Friday night in NC. Got to see some cool cars at his shop the following morning.

Got home last night (Saturday). Today, I didn't waste any time washing the car, getting it on the lift, taking the wheels off to thoroughly clean the entire undercarriage / suspension to remove any salt and whatnot, and remove the plastidip from the wheels.

I also installed a CP-E cold air intake. I have a Cobb accessport on the way and plan to order a FMIC and downpipe soon. Once that's all finished, I'll probably look into a custom tune. Fit and finish on this intake is great. Super easy install, not sure why the directions say to remove the passenger side headlight as I did not need to do that nor did I have to touch the cowl at all.

Some pics of the intake and the un-plastidipped wheels back on the car.

Bonus pic of the S2000:

That's all I have for now. Next weekend, the car is getting full paint correction and an application of Wolfgang Uber Ceramic coating. Thanks for looking!

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
CP-E intake, MTC Intercooler, PLM downpipe, other goodies installed

I've installed the following parts recently and wanted to provide some feedback for you all. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

- Private Label MFG catless downpipe
- MTC intercooler
- MBRP lower charge pipe
- CFM symposer delete
- Tune+ WG actuator

I have a CP-E cat-back exhaust coming in a couple days which I'll be installing, so I'll add that in as well once I get it.

I also got a Cobb Accessport and am running the stage 3 Cobb OTS map.

The CP-E intake was super easy to install. Very straight forward, the instructions say to remove the cowl and headlights but I did not find this to be necessary. Probably makes things easier, but wasn't needed. Fit and finish, like everything else I've seen from CP-E, is top notch. Only complaint is with the hood prop rod relocation they include in the kit - the little plastic retainers keep falling out every time I remove the prop rod. Aside from that, this intake is awesome. The filter housing box and powercoated piping look great, I really like the ram air scoop that's included, and the velocity stack is a nice touch. Very satisfied with this intake and CP-E never fails to impress me.

On to the MTC intercooler. No complaints here, aside from the welds looking pretty amateur. But, they're good enough to get the job done and they can't even be seen with the bumper installed anyways. Overall, for $335 shipped from the UK for what looks to be an identical intercooler to the Cobb unit, I'm very satisfied. I didn't get any logs of before/after charge temps because our weather here in FL has been all over the place, but I did drive it very hard after the install and my charge temps were only 6-7 degrees above ambient temp.

Here are some pics of the MTC vs the stock unit, and some pics of the install process.

MBRP charge pipe install was super easy and it fit perfectly.

Downpipe was a pain in the ass, no way to put it lightly. But, JB80 penetrating oil made all the bolts come off without issue, which I was very thankful for, especially after hearing of cross-threaded bolts from numerous people. While the heat shield was off, I installed the Tune+ Turbosmart WG actuator, which was very easy once everything was out of the way. I didn't get any pics of the actuator installed, because it was such a tight fit, and at this point of the install I really just wanted to get everything back together. Removing the stock DP sucked - I did manage to twist and turn it until I removed it from the bottom. Installation of the new DP was way easier - it slid right in and fit perfectly. Take a look at the quality of these welds too. Not bad for a $230 piece. Didn't get any pics of it installed, but I will take some when I install my catback in a few days.

Also, if you don't have some JB80 penetrating oil by Justice Brothers, GET SOME. I've used this stuff on numerous installs with great success. It even seeped through all the O2 sensor threads on my Z06 and actually got on the sensor itself. Now that's some good penetration. ;)
I used it on all the bolts for this install and I was easily able to break them all loose using a small box wrench or quarter inch drive ratchet with one hand.

CFM symposer delete is the cheapest one I found, and the components are of high quality. Not sure what else to say here, but there's no need to spend $40-60 on a symposer delete when you can get theirs for $25 and it does the job just fine. I'm so glad I don't hear an annoying drone when I hit the gas, and just hear the awesome sound of my turbo spooling.

I'm currently running the Cobb OTS stage 3 map as stated before, but am working on a tune with Adam from Tune+. Will report back with results from a 93 and E40 tune. As it sits, the car is a million times more fun than stock. You can hear the turbo whistle much louder, I'm hitting full boost just above 2,000 RPMs (22-22.5 psi) and holding 17-18 to redline. Even with brand new Bridgestone RE760s, it hunts for traction in 2nd gear. Can't wait to get the exhaust and Tune+ tune installed. Thanks for looking.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the video, it sounds amazing! You're not making my wait any easier lol.

Good stuff. Where's the stock intake ducting? the holes in the intake box match up to them for a "dual air" effect.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Hmm..whoops? Lol. I have all the stock pieces. I'll add that one in there when I get over to the shop tomorrow when the exhaust goes in.

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
It's a very tight fit. Make sure you have someone to give you a hand re fitting the bumper - I had to have my friend push while I inserted the bolts in their respective holes, otherwise they wouldn't have lined up.

It's a very tight fit. Make sure you have someone to give you a hand re fitting the bumper - I had to have my friend push while I inserted the bolts in their respective holes, otherwise they wouldn't have lined up.
Roger that, I'll have help doing it. I've heard some trimming of the bottom splash guard piece might be required. Did you have to do this?

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
The splash guard fit fine with a friend adding pressure to line up the bolt holes. Tight fit, but we made it work. The intercooler also pushes against the lower grill from the inside...I suppose this could be trimmed as well but I really didn't want to cut anything, so I'm glad it all came together.

Just unboxed mine. Got a bit of styrofoam to pick out and my end cap thingies fell
Off in shipping, which leaves me needing to blow some of it out of the end tanks with compressed air. Some bent fins and welds could be better, too. But for $350 shipped? Not bad. Not bad at all.

Intercooler otherwise looks pretty nice and very Cobb-like.

Also just for fun I weighed it on a scale. Came in at exactly 13.4 lbs. Not bad!

Just unboxed mine. Got a bit of styrofoam to pick out and my end cap thingies fell
Off in shipping, which leaves me needing to blow some of it out of the end tanks with compressed air. Some bent fins and welds could be better, too. But for $350 shipped? Not bad. Not bad at all.

Intercooler otherwise looks pretty nice and very Cobb-like.

Also just for fun I weighed it on a scale. Came in at exactly 13.4 lbs. Not bad!
How long did it take you to get your intercooler I have my eye the MTC intercooler and been messaging the guy that makes them.

OP
M

MS67

Thread Starter #15
Mine was shipped the day after I placed the order, and was at my doorstep 2 days after that. Pretty crazy that it got here so fast from the UK.

How long did it take you to get your intercooler I have my eye the MTC intercooler and been messaging the guy that makes them.
Ordered around noon on Thursday. Showed up yesterday (Monday). Probably would have gotten here sooner had I ordered during the week.

Ordered around noon on Thursday. Showed up yesterday (Monday). Probably would have gotten here sooner had I ordered during the week.
Oh wow that's very quick shipping. I'm about to pull the trigger on it. Just kind of waiting to see what people say about it. Have you installed it yet?

Oh wow that's very quick shipping. I'm about to pull the trigger on it. Just kind of waiting to see what people say about it. Have you installed it yet?
Probably won't do so until Sunday. Supposed to snow pretty bad here and work is always getting in the way timing-wise.

Mine was shipped the day after I placed the order, and was at my doorstep 2 days after that. Pretty crazy that it got here so fast from the UK.
How do you like the intercooler so far?

OP
M

MS67

Thread Starter #20
I love it. Can't beat it for the money...like I said, having an extra hand during the install helps since everything is such a tight fit, but I really don't see the point in paying for a more expensive intercooler given the performance for the money.