Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint Chip Repair

I would disagree with you on the deep chip statement. I've used their system on three vehicles. Where you run into an issue is large chips, not deep ones, and only when dealing with colors like white platinum. If their magnetic has some flake in it you should be ok.

What helps is to build the paint up in stages, dab and smear more paint every 10-15 minutes until you have built the chip above the paint. Then when you swipe the solvent on the applicator, be sure to not press down. You are only trying to take off the paint that is past the chip. You may need to apply more paint again and do the solvent step another time, but it is pretty effective.
Thanks for the advice jayrod1980

I would disagree with you on the deep chip statement. I've used their system on three vehicles. Where you run into an issue is large chips, not deep ones, and only when dealing with colors like white platinum. If their magnetic has some flake in it you should be ok.

What helps is to build the paint up in stages, dab and smear more paint every 10-15 minutes until you have built the chip above the paint. Then when you swipe the solvent on the applicator, be sure to not press down. You are only trying to take off the paint that is past the chip. You may need to apply more paint again and do the solvent step another time, but it is pretty effective.
My kit did not come with an applicator. Was that an additional purchase?

Nice thread, i have to do this soon too. Two rock chips on drivers side rear door and my son noticed some flaking on the corner of the bumper yesterday. Was sketched about doing it myself cuz the touch up paint i've tried in the past sucks maggot sack. Thanks for all the tips and info on techniques and brands ya'll.

matt