Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any interest in Rota Slipstreams 16x8, 4x108?

Pete

As much as I want these I have to back out. Someone hit my car while it was parked at work. And well I have to pay my deductible so unfortunately I won't have the cash that was set aside for the wheels :(

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Unless there is a big difference in the offset of the 7" versus 8" the weight gain should be far less so 17lbs seems exceptionally heavy.

In general adding an inch to the width on many wheels adds around 1lb but having an offset that pushes the wheel out more adds considerable mass to the hub area and is the culprit in adding quite a bit of weight to some wheels.

What you can do is look up the specs on the 16x7 and 17x8 with similar offsets and the 16x8 might just land right in the middle or a little to the left or right of that weight.

Of course this is speculation until an actual wheel is weighed.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #43
As much as I want these I have to back out. Someone hit my car while it was parked at work. And well I have to pay my deductible so unfortunately I won't have the cash that was set aside for the wheels :(
Really sorry to hear about your car. Hope its not much. And totally understood, I've removed you from the list. Take care!

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #46
In the case that we don't get 15 could we still make this happen?
Wondering the same thing.
Well, so far it isn't looking like there is as much interest as I assumed in the 16x8 or possibly this brand/model of wheel. That's fine.

FWIW, 18racing quoted me $775 for a single set order. I think that included shipping.

Let's see what comes up by the 6th.

Izzy

I'd be interested...but not for slips...another model maybe? Also, at 16x8 I'd definitely try running a 225 tire at least upfront but in that offset I'd have to still run some type of spacer which is not ideal. My current Grids are +42 on 15mm spacers. A +25 offset for these wheels would be perfect.

Well, so far it isn't looking like there is as much interest as I assumed in the 16x8 or possibly this brand/model of wheel. That's fine.

FWIW, 18racing quoted me $775 for a single set order. I think that included shipping.

Let's see what comes up by the 6th.
I just want anything 16x8 under 17lbs that looks decent. I hope this could work with only 5 buyers, I think it needs more exposure.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #49
As of today it looks like we are at five. On Monday I will contact 18racing and see what deal they can give us.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #50
UPDATE!

I have published the group buy on two Facebook groups and extended the closure date to March 11th. Let's see if this helps.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #51
Ok, no traction from the facebook postings either. Here is where the list stands:

1. [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=4281]SeanBonham[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=2288]Phill_owns[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=2188]gabe[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=2877]Lhurg0yf[/MENTION]

I will contact 18racing and ask for a quote based on this volume and get back to each and one of you with the details. At that point you can decide if you want to contact 18racing to get rolling on your order or not.

Have a great weekend!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For the member talking about a +25 offset, that would not be ideal for the geometry and with a 225 tire might not fit in the back without pulling and rolling the fenders depending on the width of the sidewall of the tire, likely have to roll the fenders up front as well.

A +35 or +38 fits really well, gives a little of the flush type look, not to bad for geometry, +45 is more optimal for geometry as mentioned but might not sit out far enough to satisfy some for the looks.

I have had a 16x8, +38, 4x100 bolted up and it looked great, everything cleared, even on well rolled fenders looked flush enough for my taste.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Why 45 offset? Wouldnt wide tires rub the inner wheel well or the springs? Like Raam said 38 would be a better option but to get that offset you would need two more buyers from what the rep at 18wheels said.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
To make things a bit more clear, staying closer to stock offset is best as far as suspension geometry as well as wear on the bearings is less than moving the wheels out further.

The +38 is not hugely off and will not adversely effect the handling to a degree that is an issue, I run +35 as that is what I can get and my car is on rails though has all the most important mods done and super sticky tires...

The +35, +38, will fill out the fender wells a bit more which helps those wanting a wider footprint, closer to being flush, etc...that said more would likely want an offset like that than a +45 which could be a bit of an issue with 225 wide tires on the front of the car.

My setup, 15x9, +35mm, 225/45/15 Rival S tires, I had to add a 5mm spacer to clear the BC Racing coilover bodies as the tires have an inner curb protector strip, odd that they do. When I have the 225/45/15 RA1 track tires, same wheel specs, mounted I only need a 2mm spacer as they do not have the curb strip.

+45mm would move the wheels in 10mm closer to the struts, take off 1/2" which is 12.7mm less wheel width than I run on the inside then you are only 2.7mm further out than my wheels so could end up having to run a spacer to clear the suspension.

If the wheels can be ordered with +35 or +38 offset it might be the best way to go.

----------

Note:
I will work this out later when I have a bit more time to ensure I am doing it right, had to take some allergy meds and not used to it, a bit out of sorts at the moment.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #56
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION]

I hadn't seen this and sent you a PM. I think want I was looking for is getting covered here. Sounds like +38 may be the sweet spot.

For those in the group buy I am happy to consider what we collectively think is best. We are still in good shape to work this out with 18racing.

If [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] has anything further to share I think we will benefit from his insight before we make a final call.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #57
Why 45 offset? Wouldnt wide tires rub the inner wheel well or the springs? Like Raam said 38 would be a better option but to get that offset you would need two more buyers from what the rep at 18wheels said.
Sound like we *may* be shifting to +38 instead of 45.

Also, just got an emial from the vendor and it looks like we may have enoguh people to make this happen.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Another aspect I overlooked is that with wider wheels and tires you can end up having inside rubbing issues when turning.

As mentioned on other threads if not here already tire specs like 225/45/16, etc...are not what we have to look at, the 16 is fine but the rest is a rather arbitrary set of numbers, have to look at the real specs, diameter included.

For that and the other reasons listed I think it best to go with something between +35 and +40mm to ensure clearance for stock suspension, coilovers, etc.....and it helps those that want a more flush look. It will not be totally flush and best to not use spacers but some could do so at least so the recommended offset will help this fit more cars and what some want their car to look like.

I have looked into all the tires made we can use on this car with 7 and up to 11" wide rims, 8.5" with proper offset most can use, I will work up a list of tires I would recommend on 16x8 wheels, AS, summer only, etc....some are harder to get specific info on but I can get most of it for most any tire.