Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any interest in Rota Slipstreams 16x8, 4x108?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am not a big fan of this wheel style but a huge fan of 16x8 on this car as it should of come with 16's size wheel stock and far lighter.

I want to do all I can to help whomever needs it find the best wheels for their needs.

Butterybunz

In my opinion after playing around with wheel spacers and such with my 16x7 et40 slipstreams I would recommend an 16x8 et38.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
+35, +38, both sound good to me, 3mm is not much difference so either one should be good:)

------------

Thanks for the input Butterybunz!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im not crazy about slipstreams. Why not try and find out if they can make a special order of Grids in this spec. I would defiantly buy. Grids look way better than slips. With this many people i dont see why they wouldnt.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Im not crazy about slipstreams. Why not try and find out if they can make a special order of Grids in this spec. I would defiantly buy. Grids look way better than slips. With this many people i dont see why they wouldnt.
That's a good idea. I personally have the grids but the grids would attract more buyers I'd think.

J2FoRS

Now...a Rota Grid Concave in 16x8 in our bolt pattern I'd give my left nut for. Slipstream not so much.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #71
We have already lost one member because he doesn't want +38.

My primary concern is wheel weight. There definitely will be nicer looking wheels out there, but when you factor in 4x108, weight and cost the pickings are slim. This thread has been up for quite some time and we already have people putting down their deposit and waiting for the group order to be processed.

I like [MENTION=96]stuntdoogie[/MENTION]'s idea. But in the end we have to come up with an idea or the answer as a group.
What do you guys think of the idea of rota grids?
1. [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=4281]SeanBonham[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=2288]Phill_owns[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=2188]gabe[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=2877]Lhurg0yf[/MENTION]

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #73
I like [MENTION=96]stuntdoogie[/MENTION]'s idea. But in the end we have to come up with an idea or the answer as a group.
What do you guys think of the idea of rota grids?
1. [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=4281]SeanBonham[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=2288]Phill_owns[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=2188]gabe[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=2877]Lhurg0yf[/MENTION]
Two members above are already out.

I have sent 18racing a mail asking if they can provide the Grids in the same specs we requested the Slips and what they weight.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
What is the weight and there are at least 3 types of grids available on the wheel website. Which one are you thinking about? Offset? Cost?

I'm ok with Grids unless they're heavier than the Slips, weight is my primary concern here. Also, if the price goes up by much I do not believe its worth it.

Chuckable

What is the weight and there are at least 3 types of grids available on the wheel website. Which one are you thinking about? Offset? Cost?
I emailed back and forth with 18racing yesterday. According to Jenny the 17x8 Rota Grid is about 18.5 lbs. The 17x8 Titan, however, is about 17lbs.

Personally, I really like the Grids better than the Slipstreams, and I'm in the market for wheels. I'm worried about rubbing on 17x8s, though. In any case, hope the weight information is helpful.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #79
Preliminary info from 18racing on the Grids

1. For 16x8 it has to be the Grid concave, or as they refer to on their site Grid Offroad
2. Max offset is +20 - Yikes!
3. Still waiting on specific weight, but they think will surely be more than Slipstream. [MENTION=1533]Chuckable[/MENTION] note hints as this probably being the case.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Damn that's too much offset. Guess ill have to pass. Thanks Ext569 for coordinating this for our FiST community.